Close To You

The LUs (And Why You Should Avoid Them)

All Jongdae want to happen that day is to die.

But he isn't going to commit suicide because that's painful as and hell doesn't have wifi.

Also Heechul is definitely gonna follow him to the deep abyss and kill him over and over again if he do so. He'd definitely say he don't remember raising a weak fetus who doesn't believe in the words of the Lord Jesus Christ as he whoop Jongdae's to oblivion.

Then again, he really do want to die. But also not. You know that weird confusing feeling that you get when you witness something bad?

Like he thought of it happening, but doesn't really want it to happen. You get where he's coming from?

No?

Okay.

Nobody understands him anyway.

Wiping his already reddened nose with his uniform sleeve, Jongdae sniffs loudly before his previous pout find itself back on his lips. The sound of two vending machines where he's situated in between whirring overpowers the sound of a supposedly "peaceful afternoon after school". Not that he really cares. No amount of bird chirping from this barren back garden (the heck this Academy needed a Greenhouse and a garden at the same time for? There's just too much green going on) can cure his broken heart.

And just like that, the scene he saw not so long ago flashes back on his mind like some goddamned broken VHS. (To why he knows what a VHS is, let's just say Heechul loves to collect some antique stuffs. It's like his only hobby that states he's a rich tycoon and not some slob who goes on a panic attack whenever Minseok says he loves his cow more than he loves his own father.)

Just when Jongdae thinks that the waterworks finally stopped, more tears starts to fall from his eyes to his cheeks.

"WHY?!" He whined-cried loudly and flails his arms. While we all can agree that Jongdae's a huge man-child, we can't really blame him from crying his heart out that very moment.

Like if you see your boyfriend getting a kiss from a pretty boy, you're going to cry too.

Not to mention, said boyfriend hasn't took your first kiss or even hold your hand yet.

"Zhang Yixing, you jerk!" Jongdae screams particularly to no one before sniffing back the snot that he feels rolling down from his nose. "I thought what we had was real! I even lied to my brothers why I'm always late! But I guess I was wrong... I even let you hold Chen, you ugly Unicorn." he continues to cry not caring if someone will see him.

Maybe someone should. In that way they would know how much of a jerk Zhang Yixing is for breaking Kim Jongdae's poor and fragile heart.

But since the Gods loves the Lus so much, no one came and he is left to drown in his broken heart for another half an hour. Yet even half an hour later, he doesn't feel better and his heart still hurt. It feel like some huge assed hands are gripping on it with the sole purpose of giving Jongdae a slow painful death.

(He now wants to apologize for all the times he laughed at his friends back home whenever they break up with their girlfriends and boyfriends. Heart break really do hurt like a .)

Realizing that crying in the small space between two vending machines that sells some exotic sodas you can never find in South Korea can't help him, Jongdae finally stands up from his spot and sniffs. He rub his eyes with the balls of his palms before retracting them upon realizing it's not such a good idea.

(He read somewhere that it's best not to rub your eyes when crying to prevent it from swelling.)

Huffing, he swats his pant off any dirt and grab his back pack that is lying on the ground near him. He contemplates going to the Greenhouse or simply just commuting and going home (he's not like most of the students here who have some obnoxious phobia of public transportation. Normally, he'd laugh upon remembering those rich kids with unjustified fear of being surrounded by poor people in a cramped space. But Yixing's a jerk therefore he can't bring himself to even crack a smile). In addition, the atmosphere in the Greenhouse is still awkward with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo fighting with the former hasn't showed himself since it happened yesterday.

A fight he didn't witnessed because he was out with Yixing and listening to him talk about some weird theory and .

That jerk made him miss a lot of things.

Damn him!

Jongdae think so as he walks back to the exit and finally deciding that yes, he should just go home. People in the Greenhouse are bound to bombard him questions (especially Joonmyun) once they see his bloodshot eyes anyways. And he isn't in the mood to confess his sins.

The boy inhales deeply at first before pushing the double doors that leads him to the main hallway.

The hallway is bustling with students going home or to going to their respective clubs. Some are hanging out beside their lockers and gossiping about who who's or how idiotic this girl was for not being able to tell a knock off from the original. Some gave him weirded looks but Jongdae brushes it off and continues his way to the front doors.

Yet before he could do so, that's when he sees him.

It is like a scene from the old movies his Mom and Dad loves to force them to watch (family bonding or so they say) when Jongdae halts on his tracks and trains his eyes to the figure standing by the lockers. It is also during this time when the School Dj decided to be an and play an ukelele cover of The Carpenter's famous song "Close To You". He has no problem with the cover itself, his problem is the song's lyrics and that of all songs to be played, it just has to be the one that basically screams his ing thoughts.

"Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near?"

The stupid song says and it is stupid or God simply loves playing with him because a group of white doves flies by and makes an appearance just outside of the window.

Damn.

"Just like me, they long to be close to you."

Yixing is stupid too with his single dimple, perfect teeth, and even though he look high most of the time, even then, he's still so handsome. He's stupid because as Jongdae stands there in the middle of the hallway with the students passing him by in slow motion, Yixing still fails to notice his presence and continues to converse with that ing boy who kissed him.

"Why do stars fall from the sky every time you walk by?"

Now he really do want to throw a ing knife to those expensive speakers just to make it stop. Because he remembers walking side by side Yixing on the Lu's garden and he remembers seeing a falling star.

"Just like me, they long to be close to you."

And just as he is about to do so—with a fountain pen because he's not some psycho who brings a knife around. That's Kyungsoo's role—Zhang "Cheater" Yixing finally notices his presence and Jongdae swears he couldn't breath once their eyes locked down. The stupid song is still playing—and ing proving its point about what Jongdae truly feels—when, just like that, a smile spreads on the elder's lips, those beautiful single dimple showing and makes Jongdae want to forgive him immediately.

"On the day that you were born the angels got together and decided to create a dream come true. So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold and starlight in your eyes of blue..."

Well, Yixing eyes are brown and his hair is black but the possibility of that really happening is making Jongdae even more pissed and swoon at the same time. The younger boy's lips then quivers, his unending set of tears making an appearance, when Yixing merely gives him a friendly smile and nod before turning around (probably going to the Chemistry Laboratory) with the other boy in tow.

"That is why all the girls in town follow you all around..."

Not so far from him, a group of girls (members of Yixing's fanclub) put their phones back to their pockets and follows the retreating boy and his companion. And Jongdae now wonders if it's The "Stalk One Unfortunate Student and Play A Song That Pretty Much Tells His Feelings Because We're An " Day with everything that's happening is exactly just how the song states.

"Just like me, they long to be, close to you."

Sniffing his snot back, Jongdae then decides that nah, he can't go back to the mansion with his current state. Actually, he is now thinking of finding himself some alcohol so that he could drown his feelings like how those broken hearted girls in movies do. With their smudge eyeliner, he wants to copy how they held a bottle of beer or vodka then screams " you, Direk!"

And if it's Vodka and Eyeliner we're talking about, there's only one place to go.

 


 

Jongdae thinks that Baekhyun's doing it on purpose.


As he sit on the Zebra printed carpet beside the maroon leather sofa fitted on the wall—inside a, mind you, fancy modern styled apartment that no kids Baekhyun's age could afford unless you came from a well off family—the boy think as much as the other played Taylor Swift's infamous "I Knew You Were Trouble" on his Beats speaker. Jongdae, as soon as he arrives at Baekhyun's barely humble abode, relied everything that happened with tear stained face and a broken heart. While the obviously woken up by the other boy's incessant of his doorbell and Baekhyun had a hard time grasping everything, he still let Jongdae in even though he looked like a maniac on drugs with his bloodshot eyes.

"So what you're basically saying is..." Baekhyun starts as he uncaps his Chanel Eyeliner to finish off his latest masterpiece, aka Jongdae's eye makeup. "That," he whisks his wrist and makes a that an amateur calligraphist would be jealous of. "You and Yixing are a thing." He finishes off, still not believing the other boy's bull about Zhang Yixing and him being a couple.

That's like saying the moon is made up of cheese and the statement being true have more chance than Jongdae and Yixing being in a relationship.

Or a couple.

"Yes! I've been repeating it over and over again ever since I arrived! Why are you still not believing me?" The boy whines and stresses the word "why" which had started to become his trademark.

"That's because it's ing unbelievable!" Baekhyun exclaims. "And stop moving if you don't want to look like some hobo who used a burned wood to apply a what's supposedly an eyeliner."

Huffing, Jongdae did what he's told to but that didn't stop him from opening his mouth (Baekhyun said not to move and not open his mouth so LOL). "Why is my story unbelievable? Are you saying that I'm ugly and Yixing wouldn't even want me that way?"

Baekhyun rolls his eyes at the statement. "I am not saying that you're ugly, I mean it's not your fault that I'm prettier and raised the standard, but what I'm saying is that as kind as he may be, Yixing is still an Alpha." He says and makes sure to put a lot of emphasis on the word 'Alpha'. "I thought I made it perfectly clear to the four of you how the Caste System works." The boy grumbles as he now makes an identical winged liner on Jongdae's other eye.

"Apparently I wasn't as clear as I thought I was because Minnie bared his tiny fangs to Lu Han of all people and now you, you and your delusions about Yixing." Baekhyun does another eye roll as he finishes with Jongdae's eyeliner. "See just because you live in the same house—according to the rumors anyway because you little s still refused to confess. Why are you all following Joonmyun's orders in the first place? He's lame! Anyways, that doesn't mean that it's going to be an all sappy romantic comedy where the owners of the house falls in love with their new housemates."

When Jongdae keeps quiet, eyes downcast, Baekhyun sees this as his chance to continue.

"See Yixing's an Alpha. Alphas don't associate themselves with snotty Omegas like us. Alphas prefers Betas who would help them build an empire and not a home. Home is for Dogs. In this life, money matters and the richer will always associate themselves towards people who are equally as rich or more or has the same pedigree as them." He says but this time using a lot more softer tone.

Jongdae's crestfallen expression is actually making him feel guilty and the urge to take his words back is big. But growing up being a target of those ugly assed Betas since middle school taught him that it's better to be honest, as painful as it may be, than live a life filled with lies.

(.

He thought something deep. Someone put that to a hard bound of "Amazing Really Inspirational ".)

"Face it 'Dae, we're closer to the Dogs that's why we never mattered much to those Betas and Alphas. You might think that what you and Yixing have is real but he probably don't." Baekhyun adds as he unscrews a tube of lip tint and dabs it onto Jongdae's lips.

"Is that mindset that's keeping you from accepting Chanyeol?" Jongdae, although Baekhyun's words hit homerun, couldn't help but retort upon hearing just how negative the other could get. Of course, said question earns him a very not amused expression from the boy.

"First off all, where did that come from?" Baekhyun nearly hisses as he throws a beauty blender straight to Jongdae's face. "Second of all, just because he hasn't been an toward you that doesn't mean he isn't one. See, Kyungsoo never slapped me before but he did just because of Chanyeol, and the action hurt me more than it should because he know what that tard had done to me. Everything's just a game to Park Chanyeol and I refuse to play whatever game it is that he's playing." He rants and places his scattered makeup back to their boxes.

"But what if he's really serious about you?" Jongdae tries to reason out but all he got is a tired sigh and an equally tired look from the boy.

"Listen here, child." Baekhyun starts, emphasizing on the word 'child' because that's basically what Jongdae is to his eyes despite being only a few months older. "If Chanyeol really is serious about me, he wouldn't have put me in hell for these past years. I've never been in a relationship before but I'm sure as you don't make the person you like get humiliated by the public or even let them make fun of them while you stand by the corner and do nothing..." He states as he places his makeup boxes underneath his coffee table.

"If that's the kind of "love" he's offering then I don't want it." Baekhyun finishes with firm finalization.

All Jongdae could do is to sit still while the other boy heaves another tired sigh and stands up. Baekhyun disappears to one of the rooms in the hallway leaving the other to his own devices. The pout he had on his face comes back as he hugs his knees close to his chest. Much to his distaste "Almost Lover" is now playing on his friend's speaker (he thinks Baekhyun purposely did it because his phone is still connected to the speaker and he brought it with him. He probably want to piss him as a form of comeback).

Two more taunting musics later, Baekhyun finally emerges from his room now in his fresh white "COCO MADE ME DO IT" printed shirt that Jongdae remember cost about 50,000 won (they bought it together), Everett Slim Straight Leg Jeans and CP COMPANY LENS BOMBER JACKET. In his arms dangles a pair of jeans and shirts. Before Jongdae could say anything, Baekhyun throws clothes straight to his face.

Clumsily catching them, he gives the other a confused look which is then reciprocated by a smirk.

"Get dress, Loser. We're going to have a makeover." Is all he say.

Baekhyun should really stop all the Mean Girls reference.


 

 

Divided this into two parts 'cause it was already near 5k words. I'll upload the next part later or tomorrow. 

 

(should I add a chanbaek tag? I mean they're not really one of the main couples but—)