L U

The LUs (And Why You Should Avoid Them)

It just pass one in the morning yet the crowd are awake like children on sugar high.

Fours hours ago they were still a bunch of tamed individuals with their common sense pretty much intact. Now, they are reduced to a bunch of teenagers drunk off their asses and jumping and grinding to the loud music because they lost their ability to dance properly. The amount of alcohol that they've put in their system has clouded their mind and completely forgot that; One, they shouldn't be drinking the champagnes they're passing around because it cost around two million won each. Two; the owner of the house would not be so amused upon seeing their highly expensive furniture (especially the broken vase now lying on the corner costing around ten million won) destroyed by the crowd dancing around. And three; said owners are their daddy's company's biggest shareholders and they can easily remove their investment out of spite.

When that happens, they're sure as hell that their dad would kick them out of their own house.

But then again, to their defence, its those shareholders' son and nephews that invited them inside their home in the first place.

In the midst of the early morning, the peace of Apgujeong neighborhood continues to be broken by a loud (and kind of lewd) music. The once clean gardens of the biggest mansion around is littered by drunk teenagers. The gate is wide open and different luxurious cars ranging from Lamborghini to Mercedes Benz are parked in the more than 20 meters front lawn.

The culprits for all of these?

Well, they are in the house and continues to inflict more destruction within the expensive mansion.

One, a blonde boy (although quite tall for his age) who is not supposed to be drinking is chugging a newly opened bottle of champagne. After devouring nearly half of the drink, he screams loudly and swings the bottle around, successfully drenching those who are around him. Lucky for him they are twice as drunk and didn't complained.

Another is half- and dancing on top of a table with his unicorn onesies hanging for its dear life on his waist. His toned muscle glistens against the party lights they especially had installed and it garners a lot of cheering from the crowd. He's usually not this vulgar but with alcohol clouding his mind, he let hell lose and gives everyone a front view of what those hips can do.

The other is behind the DJ booth and continues to fuel the drunk crowd with the music he's playing. He is grinning widely with his right hand up in the air and the other playing around with the buttons of the booth. While he did drank some of the champagne he isn't as drunk as his two cousins on the dance floor.

And lastly, the main culprit is up on the second floor and laughing joyously. His mouth is wide open in a very unattractive manner and he is opening another bottle of champagne (possibly hitting someone in the crowd down below with its cork) and raining down its contents on them. Unlike his youngest cousin who drank the beverage first, he doesn't even take a sip and simply dumps all of its contents to the people below. Strange as it may sound (after all, he was the one who initiated this entire ordeal) he hasn't been drinking since the night started. The only thing that he put in his system were those overly sweet marshmallows and crushed candies which basically explain why he's so jumpy and excited. Now that he think about it, his friends had probably put something in them.

perhaps.

But who the cares.

Not him for sure.

He didn't cared when his mom and dad told him to not wreak the house while they're away. He didn't cared when he banged on Yifan's door (knowing that he's asleep) and told him to get ready because they're going to have a party. He didn't cared even knowing how vulgar Yixing could get when he's drunk and he especially didn't cared that Sehun's still fourteen and is not supposed to drink.

Point is, Lu Han, the eldest grandchild of Lu Ouyang, the only one of his cousins who is carrying his great surname and obviously his grandpa's favorite, never cared.

"Blow it like a flute!" He screams along and moans with the music (which is basically their very own theme after they paid a famous producer to make it for them). It is like the crowd's another cue to turn wilder. Yifan has turned the volume to its highest peek, and as the lights blinks rapidly (painting the entire room black for a few seconds before reds and greens burst and bathes anyone in sight) everyone loses their mind.

They grinds and sways their body to the nearest person and continues to stain the expensive carpet with spilled champagne, sweat, and crumbs of foods.

They get wilder within minutes and that's basically the reason why Lu Han hasn't been drinking.

He has this sort of crude humor wherein he finds amusement in watching people make a fool out of themselves. Swiping his latest iPhone from his pocket, he videotapes the entire dancefloor and focuses on some couple who are basically ing as they danced to the beat. He turns to Yixing who is now reduced to his boxers and is dancing with a girl Lu Han had never seen before. He made a mental note to edit the video later and remove Yixing's shot. Crude as he may be, he still has some small empathy left for his cousins.

Too little most of the times.

Swinging his phone away from the boy, he focuses the camera on the entrance in hope that someone pukes so that he could videotape it and show it to the world.

What he catches on the camera on the other hand completely wipes off the smile on his face.

Standing there on the entrance are two people who are too overdressed for the party. The man who is wearing a black Armani suit gives the dancing bodies a curious glance while the woman who is wearing an expensive white Chanel gown is turning angrier within seconds. She roams her eyes to the crowd until, eventually, she locks eyes with Lu Han who has a deer caught in a headlight expression.

He swears that despite of the limited lighting, he sees her face getting redder, the veins on her neck nearly popping out and it didn't need a genius to tell him that she probably wants to strangle him there and then.

Mrs. Lu Rongjia clenches her fist, inhales a deep breath before screaming:

"LU HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

 


 

The chickens are quacking loudly and Minseok subtly wonders if Jongdae is bothering them again. He remembers the incident where his brother thought that chasing the chickens for their dear life was amusing and worth the time.

While it really was amusing (as stated by Zitao), Minseok is a hundred percent sure that it traumatized the poor creatures.

Standing from his sitting position, he pats the cow he's milking on the head. He smiles sweetly at it, whispering how good she is and she is the prettiest cow out there, before taking the barrel of milk to the wagon where Mrs. Ahn places them. "Do you think Jongdae's scaring the chickens again, Snow White?" He asks the cow as he arranges the barrel just so it wouldn't spill its contents. While the cow completely ignores his question and simply chews on a grass, the boy doesn't take offence from it.

Minseok simply resumes telling his sentiments.

"I told him to stop bothering them, you know. Shin and Sun weren't able to lay eggs for two weeks because of him but he never listens." He complains with his mouth turning into a frown. After making sure that the milks are secured and wouldn't spill, Minseok pats his hands off any dirt. "I told this to Dad once and he said he would tell Jongdae off but of course he didn't do it." The boy complains once more.

The chickens are still quacking at this point.

"Well, at least I think he didn't 'cause if he did, Jongdae wouldn't be bothering the chickens again, right?" Minseok asks more to himself. Snow White continues to chew lazily while her owner rants with the severity of scaring the chickens off.

Minseok is in that position when Joonmyun comes in with a basket of vegetables in his hand. "What are you doing?" he asks his older brother who halts mid-rant upon his appearance.

The oldest of the Kim brothers blinks before tilting his head cutely to the side. "I was talking to Snow White."

While Joonmyun wants to comment that Snow White doesn't seem like she is listening and is more interested with the grass she's chewing, he thought against it. Minseok would probably just argue that she is and that he just don't know her too well. Instead, he clears his throat. "Okay. So, are you done milking her? Zitao texted me that we should go home now." He informs.

The elder is about to nod when he remembers the chickens earlier. "Yes, but I think I should go check the chickens. Jongdae's possibly bothering them again. I heard them quacking loudly earlier." Minseok frowns in worry.

"Are you sure?" Raising an eyebrow, Joonmyun asks.

"Yeah, wait here." Minseok then says before walking to the opposite side where his brother came from.

Finding the poultry housing is not hard. There's only a wired fence dividing them from the cows and it usually doesn't take more than a minute to get to them. He could still hear the chickens quacking loudly like something or 'someone' is chasing them so Minseok fastens his pace. Minseok's suspicion to who is causing such ruckus is growing with each steps that he takes. Rolling the sleeves of his flannel shirt, the boy opens the fence to the poultry and his guess is then proven right.

Jongdae's laughter is doubled by his puppy's, Chen, barking as he follows his owner with his tiny feet. The dog was adorable when his little brother got him two weeks ago but now, he is helping his newfound dad bring destruction and chaos to the chickens which didn't sits well with Minseok.

"Jongdae!" The older barks, successfully putting a stop to Jongdae's laughing like the Dark Lord of the underworld. The younger halts so suddenly that he nearly face plants on the mud full of chicken s and some other things. While his owner caught his balance at the last moment, Chen isn't so lucky as the puppy slides straight to the chicken feeds before falling straight to the black mud full of chicken dung.

It took Minseok's all to keep his laugh from escaping his mouth due to the puppy's misfortune because one; it isn't nice, and two; he is supposed to be angry at his brother.

Coughing on his fist, the elder straightens his posture as an attempt to look intimidating. (Which of course doesn't work because the eldest of the Kim brothers is the opposite of the word 'intimidating'.)

"What did I told you about scaring the chickens?" Minseok starts while he watch his brother take his pup from the mud of dung.

"I think I should say sorry but you scared Chen too so I guess we're even." Jongdae shrugs nonchalantly while he busies himself with wiping the blackened mud off his dog. His indifferent response then made his older brother frowned with his lips quirking downward.

Noticing the adorable (yet unintentional) expression on his older brother's face, Jongdae grins widely and runs to where Minseok is standing, Chen tucked securely in his arms. "Just kidding, bro." he says before nudging his shoulder with his. "You know that I love you." Jongdae cooes like he's talking to a six years old. "But I'm not sorry for scaring your chickens." He cackles loudly and runs away from Minseok's wrath.

Joonmyun had just finished putting the basket of fresh vegetables and eggs at the back of an old rusty pickup when Jongdae emerges from the barn while cackling. Minseok follows not long after, scowling and not looking the slightest bit amused. When their youngest finally nears him, he waste no time and flicks Jongdae on the forehead.

"Stop teasing Minseok." He reprimands.

Rubbing the place where he was hit, Jongdae's pout disappears as quickly as it came. Grinning, the boy shrugs. "Can't help it, he's just too adorable when he's mad. It's like facing an angry hamster." He snickers which is then replaced by a yelp when Minseok kicks him on the shin.

Scowling still, the elder sat beside the driver seat and crossed his arms.

Joonmyun gives their youngest one last disapproving shake of the head before occupying the driver's seat. While he disapprove of Jongdae's constant teasing toward their eldest (and lost track of the number of times he had told him to stop doing so), he know that he is not going to stop and Minseok is too nice to begin with to hold some grudges against the boy. By the time they get home, Joonmyun is a hundred and ten percent sure that Minseok would have forgotten about his anger and move on with his life.

He starts the car, struggling for a few moments before it finally rumbles to life, and after making sure that Jongdae was at the back, he drives off to the bumpy muddy road leading to their humble home.

Although the word 'humble' is too much of a stretch when describing the place.

Because passed the rice fields and the greenery that stretched for miles, stands the white vintage mansion of the millionaire Kim Heechul and his wife Gou Xuefue. The two-storied mansion highly contrasted the houses of the townsfolk down the hill and it screamed mega riches wherever side one decides to look. It was once featured in Time Magazine as one of the hidden architectural wonders within South Korea and is constantly courted by different directors to be used in their movies and dramas.

With a house such as that, people (especially those who are new) are likely to think that the family that resides in it are the typical rich and snobbish family seen on television.

But to the old townsfolk, they beg to disagree.

Because if you are to enter the house just to satisfy your curiosity and prove your guess right, you'd not see a single person frolicking around with long gowns and black tuxedo while throwing wads and wads of money (although there was this one time where the father of the house got too drunk and did so). Instead, you'd see a family comfortable with wearing simple t-shirts and pants, smiling and welcoming you with open arms. More often than not, the heirs of the house could be seen sporting simple flannel shirts underneath a muddied denim jumper and tending to their farm animals.

While filthy rich as they may be, the Kims are the most humble and peace loving bunch that you will find. (Except Heechul and Jongdae as they're kind of loud)

That day on the other hand, the usually quiet manor is disrupted by a loud wail.

Minseok, Joonmyun, and Jongdae just barely set foot inside their house when their father's loud agonized screaming (or wailing, whichever you prefer) resonates within the four walls of their (barely) humble home.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" The man shrieks as he clung to his wife's hand before falling to his knees to beg. "Let's not do this! W-we can't do this!" He cries, to which Xuefue merely rolls her eyes at.

"Honey, we've already been through this. We've been planning this trip for fifteen years!" The woman reasons out as she pulls her husband back to his feet.

"I know!" Heechul admits. "But sending our beloved ray of sunshines and happiness to a den full of wolves? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! They're going to die!" the man then resumes wailing.

"Stop exaggerating, the Lus are not that bad." She tries to reason out but is only rewarded by her husband's wail getting louder than before.

"Not bad?!" Heechul hysterically screeches as he flails his arms. "Do you know what they did to their house in Apgujeong?! They freaking wreaked it and turned it upside down! The damage was nearly two billion won! Look!" He hastily taps something in his phone before shoving it straight to his wife's face.

Frowning, the woman takes the device from her husband's grasp and stares at the thing he wants her to see.

"Why are you following Han on Instagram?" She blurts incredulously.

Heechul, caught red handed, flushes visibly and snatches his phone back. "I do not!" He denies to which Xuefue raises her eyebrow at.

"It says there that you are following him." She points out.

"Besides the point!" The man huffs and shoves his phone back to his pockets. "My point is that my babies can't live with those people!"

"What's going on here?" Joonmyun whispers to his cousin who is busy sniggering to the entire ordeal. Zitao is half-hiding behind the Narra door while Heechul and Xuefue continues to argue in the living room. Well, it is more of Heechul pathetically wailing and Xuefue trying to put a sense to his head.

"Uncle's flipping out because Auntie admitted that we are going to be living with Aunt Rongjia in Seoul while they're away on a trip." Zitao supplies.

"Aunt Rongjia?" This time it is Minseok who asks. He is hovering behind the tall boy while he gives his parents a curious glance.

"She's that pretty woman who visited us last week." Jongdae is the one who answers his question. "You weren't able to meet her because you were out tending to the farm animals."

Nodding in understanding, Minseok resumes with staring at his parents.

"Why is he so freaked out though? She seems really nice and so did Uncle Fon." Joonmyun questions with a frown.

"Please," Jongdae and Zitao snickers in unison. "The problem is not them." Continues the elder.

As if on cue, Heechul cries dramatically and points at them. "Do you see them?!" He sobs. "Our little innocent penguins are going to be destroyed if we send them to the Lus! Those deers are definitely not going to be able to resist them and stick their dongs into our little penguins s!"

"Heechul!"

"Dad!"

Xuefue and Joonmyun (who flushes red) exclaims in unison while both Jongdae and Zitao topples down laughing to the point where tears are starting to fall from their eyes. Minseok on the other hand merely tilts his head to the side with a frown, not understanding the words his father had said. (Let's just say that among the Kim brothers, the eldest one was the most innocent.)

Needless to say that the entire manor was in chaos that day.

 


 

"Wake up."

Are Rongjia's words as the woman opens the windows of her son's room. Lights immediately floods the space followed by Lu Han's loud groan. Yet instead of heeding to his mother's orders, the boy turns away from the window and covers his head with his duvet. He snuggles closer to his pillows and closes his eyes tight in hope that he'd be able to sleep more.

Which of course didn't happened.

Lu Han screams loudly as his mother reaches underneath his covers and twist his ear.

"I'm up! I'm up! Aw, aw, aw! Let go!" The boy flails his arms wildly in an attempt to remove her vice-like grip on his ear.

Satisfied with her work, the woman let go of her son's ear and takes the black suit a maid is holding. She wordlessly throws it on his lap while Lu Han nurses his reddened ear. The boy frowns at the clothes before giving his mother a questioning look.

"Get ready. We're going to meet some people." Is the only thing that she tells him and leaves his room with the maid in tow. Not more than two seconds later on the other hand, she returns. "And don't even think of going back to sleep, this is important. If you still value your credit cards, I suggest you stand up and get dressed." Rongjia warns before leaving her son to tend to something downstairs.

Scowling, Lu Han picks the tuxedo on his lap.

He could go back to sleep and ignore his mother's orders (which he tend to do a lot) but she sounded so serious and having his credit cards taken is the last thing that he want. So with a heavy body, he leaves the comfort of his bed and goes to his bathroom.

Thirty minutes (or so) later, Lu Han emerges from his bathroom fully dressed, freshened up and ready to go.

Arranging his tie neatly, he checks his reflection on the mirror, inspecting if any strand of hair is out of place and takes the leather shoes that the maids placed on top of his bed and wears it. He is still cranky for being woken up at three pm when he stayed till six am bar hopping with some friends. So whoever these people that they are going to meet better be worth his time or else his Dad isn't going to hear the end of it.

When he finally comes down to the living room (if you could call a twenty feet something space a living room), now returned to its beautiful interior after the party, he sees his mother sporting a red Gucci gown and talking to someone on her phone. She look rather excited and Lu Han once again wonders who they are meeting.

"Dad," He calls out to his father who is watching a basketball game with Yifan (who, Lu Han bitterly notes, is wearing his casual clothings). The man is comfortably sitting on a velvet seat in his expensive Armani suit while rubbing his chin. Upon hearing his son's voice, he diverts his attention from the flatscreen television to Lu Han. "Where are we going?"

"We're meeting some old friends." He supplies and returns his attention back to the intense game between two popular teams.

"Okay?" The young Lu drawls. "What does that have to do with me?" He asks and crosses his arms.

Much to his irritation, the man simply shrugs. He is about to open his mouth when Mrs. Lu slides her phone in her Louis Vuitton pouch and smiles sweetly at her son and husband. "Shall we go?" She asks to which Lu Han want to respond a 'no' but thought against it. While his dad and grandpa are complete pushovers, his mom is a different case.

She would not be afraid to send him off to Sahara desert and leave him there to die.

At least Lu Han thinks so.

Unlike his Dad and Grandfather, she doesn't tolerate her son.

So, still valuing his life and credit cards, the boy simply nods and follows the woman out of the mansion to the waiting car just down the marbled stairs.

"I can't wait to see Xuefue again!" The woman nearly squeals the moment their comes in contact with the leather seat.

Arranging the cuffs of his suit, Lu Fon gives his wife an incredulous look. "You literally saw her two weeks ago."

"Whatever," Rongjia dismisses with a wave of her freshly manicured hand. "Anyways, we weren't able to see her eldest back then so I'm quite excited."

"Ah yes, Minseok's his name, right?" The man nods. "The last time I saw him he was only about ten months old. We bought Han with us back then if I recall correctly." He chuckles. "Do you remember the time where Han pushed him and he cried really loud? I swear I could see Heechul planning my death there and then." He laughs loudly like he just remembered something so amusing.

"Right." Rongjia scowls in distaste and gives her son a look.

Lu Han merely sighs deeply and sinks into his seat. He have no idea who his parents are talking about and frankly doesn't care. He just wish for this entire ordeal to be done so that he could go back to sleep. "Please ignore me and carry on with whoever you are gossiping about." He grumbles.

Rongjia feels her temper elevate with the tone her  son is using but that evening is special so she did the inner meditation she learned in Japan before he could potentially ruin her good mood. She could deal with Lu Han some other day, right now, her main focus is to be happy all throughout the night.

The entire car ride to the restaurant is mostly filled with the wife and husband's chatter. Lu Han fiddles with his phone and didn't gave them any attention in hope that they would do the same. And when they finally arrives to their destination, he waits for his father and mother to come out before following suit.

Lu Han stands behind his parents as they tell the receptionist about their reservation.

The boy blatantly ignores the girls who are oggling him and instead choose on standing straight. He has an indifferent expression and he hopes those girls could see that he isn't in the mood to give them a single glance and recognition (he guesses that they were from his school but then again, who the cares?).

Following the receptionist to a private VIP room, Lu Han rolls his eyes with how his mother is practically bouncing on her steps.

"I'm going to the restroom," He excuses when the receptionist leads them to a white painted double doors with gold handle. Shooing him away with a wave of her hand, Mrs. Lu is the first to enter the room.

He barely hears his mom squeal a 'Puff!' before the door closes down.

Sighing, he ventures to the direction where he guess the restroom are.

Keyword: guess.

As expected, five minutes later, Lu Han got lost and instead found himself in an average sized room that has a floor to ceiling aquarium tank on the corner. Looking back into the long hallway, he could still see the door where the receptionist led them (although it is quite far). He still isn't in the mood to meet the people his parents are so enthusiastically talking about and he thinks that they wouldn't mind if he is a little late. Shifting his attention back to the rather majestic tank, he enters the room and closes the door behind him.

The lights in the room had been turned off even before he finds it so the only source of light is the tank.

The bluish glow from the aquarium gives its surrounding a beautiful, almost surreal, glow and Lu Han finds himself drawn to it. Taking a few steps, he nears the tank and watches in amazement as different types of Angel fish swims around, their distinct colors added more to its already majestic stature. He feels like he is standing in the ocean itself with the fishes swimming around him, close but not touching him, like they're afraid that he'd disappear if they do so. (Lu Han makes a mental note to ask his dad to install an aquarium more amazing than this in his room).

Lu Han is too awestruck that when another person comez into his view, his mind didn't fully processed that it is a two way aquarium and that it connects to the room next to it, and nearly screams. 

Lucky for him, he manages to take a hold of his dignity and swallows his scream.

The person doesn't seem to notice him on the other hand. He is looking at the fishes like they are the most beautiful thing that he had ever seen. And Lu Han find a chance with the stranger's dazed state.

Lu Han had a chance to take in his appearance, and he don't know if the bluish glow from the tank has something to do with it, but he had never seen eyes as beautiful as his. He has seen a fair amount of people with monolid (they're in an Asian country for God's sake) but he has never seen a pair of eyes that caught him like this. Their almond shape is so peculiar and the way they crinkles as the stranger smiles (a ing too adorable for his own good gummy smile) make Lu Han feel a strange emotion he couldn't name.

And when they finally locks eyes, Lu Han wants nothing but to stay there and then.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

i like to exaggerate things. _(:з」∠)_
also, why is this so long? lol.