That cursed witch! (gift for chocopieyj)

Got7 Secret Santa Event 2017 STORIES ARE HERE (BIG REVEAL)

Note from Chava: Ah! I'm sorry I forgot this was sent in! 'Tis my fault it is so late!

Title: That cursed watch!
Paring: 2jae
Number of words: around 500 words
Genre: sci-fi-ish
Warnings: its awfully small
Note to my giftee: happy holidays! It’s small but I tried my best.

Jaebum found the watch when he was sixteen. The watch had somehow found its way to his bedroom and was sitting on his bed. At the time Jaebum had assumed it was a gift from his parents, uninformed of all the wonders it can make happen.
With the help of the watch Jaebum could travel through time: if he wanted to be present as Van Gogh painted Starry Night he could, if he wanted to attend the French revolution he could. Much to Jaebum’s surprise the watch knew no limits, and the best part was that it had a function where Jaebum could order it a name of a place he wanted to travel to along with the date, and he would arrive at the place of his wish on the date of his wish.
Jaebum used the watch to fulfill his most desired dreams and crossed off such unbelievable points from his bucker list. Most of his purposes for a time travel were related to Jaebum’s love for history. Very rarely he turned t his watch to fix anything from the past. Jaebum tried his best to avoid those kinds of petty and vain reasons to travel through time.
It all changed the day Jaebum saw Youngjae, the moment Jaebum was completely ignored by the gorgeous fellow Jaebum knew the actual purpose of the watch.
It took Jaebum about 17 travels back to the time and place of their first meeting to get Youngjae to agree to go on a small date with him. The first date took five travels to end successfully with Youngjae smiling.
After a month of dating, Jaebum started to sneakily travel through time to meet with younger Youngjae and share his fondest memories. Jaebum wanted to do the most he can to ensure a lifetime of happiness with Youngjae. And for that in his opinion he needed to be his best friend that knew him like no one else did.
Jaebum wanted the best for Youngjae, and he wanted Youngjae to be at his happiest with Jaebum. So he started to reverse time to prevent arguments and fights, he started using the watch to correct any mishaps and problems. And soon enough the kid who used to use the watch to be next to Dostoevsky as he wrote his novels or next to Beethoven as he composed Fur Elise, was going back in time just to pick another restaurant to eat out at.
Life became boring for Youngjae and exhausting for Jaebum.
Youngjae didn’t hate perfect life that had signs of the slightest disagreements; he was just bored of it.
Youngjae liked the version of Jaebum that’s a complete opposite of him. He liked it when Jaebum wanted curry instead of fried chicken, the one that wanted Youngjae to wear jeans instead of sweatpants, the one that liked to read the book first and then see the movie and hate its guts. Jaebum used to be so fun and interesting to be around because Youngjae didn’t know what to expect of him, but nowadays Youngjae couldn’t tell how but Jaebum knew about every single of his wishes and agreed with them despite whether he actually wanted to agree or not.
Jaebum hated himself, he hated the watch and he seemed to hate Youngjae.
The gorgeous guy he saw the flower shop and decided to fall for no longer existed in his eyes. Youngjae had turned into a greedy selfish monster that only wanted to have it his way. Jaebum was tired of running around trying to please Youngjae just so that he would spend another day with Jaebum.
Both of the two wanted to end the relationship that seemed to lose its purpose but didn’t know how.
“Hyung,” Youngjae spoke.
“Instead of torturing each other like this, I want to end it,” Youngjae whispered.
And with that Jaebum was back at the flower shop. Only this time he would ignore Youngjae and go his own separate way.