FAQ

Got7 Secret Santa Event 2017 STORIES ARE HERE (BIG REVEAL)

What is this?

The Got7 Secret Santa event is a new igot7 tradition right here on AFF, in which fellow igot7s come together to write stories anonymously for one another. Their true identities are shown after the event is over  (it's basically like a normal secret santa game, only with ahgase fanfic writers!) The organizers (us) will assign each participant a prompt, and they have to follow the prompt as best as they can to make a story.

Why should I sign up?
Our Secret Santa event is the perfect gateway, if you will, to make new ahgase friends, read new fan-fiction about Got7, and broaden your writer’s experience.

How long should the stories be?

As stated in the rules, the ONE-SHOTS (meaning a story with just one chapter/part) must be at least 1,500 words (that is one thousand and five hundred words) to be accepted in the event (obviously can be more than 1500 words). By the way, you can't trick us, we will count the words if we have to.

What should the theme of the stories be (what are the stories about)?

The stories can be about anything that the giftee wants (meaning you will have to write a story following your giftee's wishes. It is a Christmas event, after all. Gotta make people happy). It can involve any pairing from Member/Member, Member/Idol, Member/Female, or Member/Male.

 

So now that you're interested, you may be wondering...

How do I sign up?

You may participate in this event by:

1st: Subscribing to the event page (this story)

2nd: Fill out a form on the forms page. Make sure you are filling out the right form.

Forms for:

Can I write a girl/boy but recieve a boy/boy?

Well, we don't have a form for that. If you are one of the few who want any variety of this, please put it in the section at the very end of the sign up form. DO NOT FILL OUT MULIPTLE FORMS OR ELSE YOU WILL WRITE MULTIPE STORIES. Also, sending an email or message as a heads up wouldn't hurt...

When will I receive my prompts so that I can start writing the story?

All story prompts will be sent out to secret Santas on 22-23rd of September.

Can I switch or change giftees or prompts?

Hey man, like super tough luck. No. Give us a break, it's our first year and we want to live through college while managing this. If someone drops out, you may get lucky...but don't count on it.

How do I publish my gift?

Well, we'll do that for you! All you have to do is email it to got7secretsanta     @gmail.com (no spaces between the a and @. AFF protects emails from beig seen) with:

  • your username;
  • pen name (the one you chose while while filling out the submission form);
  • who your wrote the story for;
  • the main leads of your story (if it's a Got7 ship, mention that too);
  • the rating (google them if you're not too sure);
  • whichever genre the story falls into (for example: vampire au, detective au, realistic, horror etc)
  • any potential trigger warnings (i.e. violence, gore, dubious consent etc.)
  • and the finally the title of your story (stories can be untitled).

Please put Secret Santa and your username in the subject line.

The works will be published in the order we received them right here.

Can I publish my work after the event is over?

That's of course very much allowed. However, you may do so only, and only after all of the secret santas are revealed, and the event is officially announced over.

When will the gifts/works be published?

All gifts will be published and ready for your enjoyment by Chirstmas (25th December, 2017) and the grand reveal will be up on the 1st January 2018.

What are and when are the check in dates?

Here are the check in dates, days where you have to respond to our emails stating your progress, asking questions (or yo can take the initiative yourself and email us without us having to write you first). A simple "I'm still in the event! And things are good!" will be enough for us, so don't stress too much about it. We just need a reassurance that you are writing your story and you are still participating.

  1. October 20th, 2017.
  2. November 24th, 2017.

When do you need me to finish the story?

To be honest, as soon as you can. But we know that all of you have work/college/school, so we won't push it. We just need everyone to finish by Christmas of this year. (Though Chava would be less stress if everyone got it done before December :3 Lucky y'all Have Zaya too though)

If you have any other questions please message @got7secretsanta or email got7secreatsanta(atgmail.com)

 

ABOUT YOUR NEW ORGANIZERS:

  • Hello everyone! My name is Chava but you would probably recognize me as Red_Panda. I have participated in this event since its inception and look forwar to organizing it this year! My bias is Yugyeom and my OTPs are yugbam and markson. I am from Quebec and am super old (lol not really). Also, this year I'm the bad cop. Yup, tough love all around. I won't be taking any crap because I want this event to go as quick and painless as possible...
  • Hi! I'm Zaya! (zayayj on AFF) and I will be the good cop-organizer this year. I am hyped and ready for the event. Can't wait to asign all your story prompts and then read your done, finished works! I participated in the event last year, was super fun, got to read a lot, write a lot as well. My bias, little munchkin, love my of my life is Youngjae, he's also my ult, and my top ships are 2jae (don't let it sink pls), Markjin. (To be honest, I don't necessarily hate on other ships) If you need help, have questions, contact me or Chava, and we'll do everything in our power to solve your problem, answer your questions.

(Omg isn't Zaya so nice -Chava)

(I may be nice, but Chava is so organized. I'm fascinated every time. -Zaya)