Christmas Practice (for InkedImagination)

Got7 Secret Santa Event 2017 STORIES ARE HERE (BIG REVEAL)

Main leads: Jaebum x OC (Jade)

Rating: Slightly suggestive

Genre: Realistic

Trigger Warnings: None

Title: Christmas Practice

 

'Stop pushing!' Jackson exclaimed, but only got six pairs of eyes staring at him weirdly as they crowded around Jaebum, trying to get a glimpse of the small device in his hands.

'You're the one pushing!' Jinyoung answered as he shook his head slightly at how Mark nearly tripped over the overly excited male.

'Just tell me who I got!!!' Jackson whined, tapping Jaebum whose eyes were stuck to the screen.

The boys got louder and louder as they started discussing their pairings, only after a while did they realise their leader staying silent in the same position as fifteen minutes ago - cross-legged on the floor with the phone lit up at the same message in his hands.

'Jade?' Youngjae read out the name that was next to Jaebum's. 'The one who's my age?'

'Oh! I heard that she sings and dances really well!'

'And she's really pretty too!'

'Jaebum hyung got lucky~~' Jackson teased right into the elder’s ears, earning a light smack on his cheek in return.

'It's just a performance, you guys don't have to get so excited over it.' And with that, Jaebum headed back to his room.

Only when he was alone, did he smile to himself, bringing out that same text message and staring at his name next to hers.

Of course he knew who Jade was. And she's really cute too.




'HOW!!!' Jade whined into her pillow as she rolled around as much as her mattress allowed in the cramped room she shared with two of her other members. But for now, all five girls were squeezed into the tiny room upon hearing the news of their upcoming year-end performance with five members from GOT7.

Just five minutes ago, they received a message from their manager, informing them of the latest updates, and also of the tentative pairings for their performance.

'It would be better if he's Jinyoung or something...' Jade mumbled into her pillow.

'Stop faking it, we all know that you're elated to be partnered with Jaebum. Don't think we don't know about your little crush on him.' The leader, Semin, voiced out, which got Jade's attention immediately as she looked up to find four pairs of eyes staring at her.

'No, I don't!'

'Did you see that? Is that Jaebum?'

'Oh my- He's singing!'

'Look at his back-'

'I don't do that!!' Jade interrupted in exasperation as she watched her members do a supposed role play on her reaction to Jaebum's presence.

'Don't even try. Your eyes show everything!' Semin rebutted.

Jade snapped shut for a brief moment as she quickly tried to dig up all her reactions to him in her mind. 'Is it that obvious?'

'To us it is! So just accept it and stop making a fuss.'

'But that's exactly why I'm making a fuss... How do I do well if it's him-'

'Or you can mess up on the first practice so badly that the choreographer decides to drop you out of the performance so you don't have to do it with Jaebum?'

'That sounds like a really great plan.' Jade answered sarcastically, not forgetting to throw her pillow at her fellow member.
 



To some's disappointment, the first practice was split into girls and guys to master the basics of the choreography. However, Jade was more than glad that her first actual interaction with her partner was postponed for now. To her, getting to steal glances at Jaebum was good enough.

In a flash, three sessions were over, and other than the brief greetings made, they still did not get a chance to perform together.

And they had so much trouble trying to contain their excitement the moment the choreographer asked them to be prepared for the next practice where they'll pair up to see how things go.

Right before leaving the practice room, Jade felt a light tug on her wrist, and nearly suffered from a heart attack the moment she turned around to come face to face with Jaebum.

'You're Jade, right?'

'Yes?'

'Before the next official session, do you want to practice together?'

Without thinking much, she agreed to him immediately. 'Sure!' It'll be better to try it out once before showing the choreographer anyways.

'O-Okay. I'll text you the details then.' Jaebum stammered slightly, taken aback by her easy-going temperament.
 



After re-tying her hair in a decent ponytail for about five times, Jade looked at her reflection in the mirror for one last time before finally deciding to leave the dorm.

However, the moment she stepped into the living room, she saw her members comfortably settled before the television with blankets and pillows sprawled across the floor.

'Are you all not going?' And looks were instantly exchanged between all five of them. All of them prepared to have a slumber party, except for Jade who was dressed and ready to go out.

'Where?'

'Do we not have practice?' Jade asked, slowly fishing out her phone to check the text that Jaebum sent her just a few days ago.

'No? Isn't it a day off today?'

'We agreed to spend the day with a movie marathon, remember?' Semin asked, a slight tinge of annoyance visible from her tone.

'But Jaebum wanted practice so I thought the practice has priority over...'

'Who has practice on Christmas?'

'I just thought-'

'Maybe it's just the two of you.' Semin interrupted Jade this time, her tone much brighter than before now that she saw where the conversation was leading. That sneaky Jaebum...

'What?' That single word burst out of Jade instantly when she realised what Semin meant. 'Why would he-'

 

 




Nah, it can't be. We barely talked. He wouldn't want to just have a practice, with only the both of us.

The girls probably got it wrong, and all of GOT7 will probably be there and I'm going to be awkward alone-

Exactly, so why am I still heading over there alone?

What if- It's really just Jaebum and me?

Jade sighed in exasperation as she hugged her bag tighter to her body while heading to the company.






Peeking through the small window on the door to the practice room, Jade could roughly make out Jaebum warming up as the loud blaring music seeped through the walls slightly.

But she only realised that she has been staring for quite a long time when Jaebum turned around and made eye contact with her, before a smile appeared on his face.

'I- didn't know it was just the both of us until I was leaving the dorm...'

No wonder she agreed willingly the other day. Now this is going to be hard. Jaebum kept the smile on his face as he could not help to be amused at how fidgety Jade was getting as she kept her firm grip on her bag, her eyes darting everywhere around the room except on him.





Calm down. Breathe. You can't let him know! He's going to think that you're weird if you continue to keep this up! Jade screamed into her head as she messed up yet another move, nearly tripping over Jaebum's feet.

'Relax a little.'

In the very moment he said that, with his breathe tickling her ears and his deep voice reverberating through the room, her muscles tensed up even more.

And Jaebum chuckled before letting go of Jade's arm. 'Have you never danced with a guy before?'

'No?'

'No?' He imitated her, to which he got a slight furrow of her eyebrows as she frowned slightly.

'I mean- I just needed to- Adapt to my surroundings a little. I'll do better!' Jade exclaimed the last three words slightly louder than usual, startling both Jaebum and herself.

 



And do better she did.

Once Jade managed to fend off all thoughts of the close proximity she was having with Jaebum and how they were coupled up for a slightly y performance, she was able to carry on without any mistakes.

And Jaebum had to admit that her skills were beyond his expectations. He heard that she was good, but expected a limit her dance skills could go seeing that she was a vocalist. But contrary to his thoughts, she was amazing.

Which definitely did not help with keeping his feelings for her constrained.
 





Everything was going too smoothly for Jade. And she could not hide her excitement when he said that they'll practice one last time before heading back. Since it was Christmas, he didn't want to keep her back too late.

But what she did not expect, was for Jaebum to close the gap between the both of them just seconds into their 'last practice'.

She was pretty sure her eyes were as large as fishballs and was hanging open slightly when Jaebum's lips left hers. And the latter's deep laughter confirmed her suspicions.

'You're really cute, do you know that?' Jade darted her eyes away from his lips, only to find him staring straight at her, the tip of their noses barely touching.

But nothing came out of as she tried to digest what was currently happening- if it wasn't a dream- that Jaebum's arms was wrapped tightly around her waist, keeping her firmly pressed against him. And that they just shared a kiss- And it did not seem like it was going to end there.

At least she hoped that it didn't.

Trying to read her expression, Jaebum decided that it was okay to carry on when Jade made no move to push him away, or to slap him, or to scream at him. Especially when the light blush on her cheeks and her biting her lower lip was doing absolutely nothing to help him restrain himself.

Jade was slightly more prepared this time when she felt Jaebum's lips on hers again, her arms wrapping around his neck as she tried to close whatever minimal gap that was left between the both of them.

It wasn't long before Jaebum started nibbling on her lip lightly, and she gave way to his probing tongue while his hands wandered up the back of her shirt.

Breaking the kiss slightly, Jaebum whispered, his voice husky and deeper than ever before. 'It's okay to go back late on Christmas, right?'

And Jade could feel his fingers toying with the clasp of her bra as she tightened her grip around him in anticipation and slight insecurity, her eyes darting to the door. 'Will anyone come-'

'It's Christmas. Nobody booked any other practice rooms. I've checked.'

The instant Jade relaxed herself upon hearing Jaebum's words, she gasped as she felt his lips on that sensitive spot on her neck, her bra loosening beneath her shirt.