Cheeky

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The stars were at its brightest which meant that it was already late at night. Jungkook loved the sky, especially the stars. As much as he was a er for the night sky, he didn’t even know a single constellation. He stared at the mesmerising sky as he reminisced about random events in his life. This house was his escape to the turbid city life.

Just like everyone else, he also liked his ‘me time’. His arm was propped on the balcony ledge with his fingers intertwined as his legs lazily supported his body. He then looked down, exhaled and closed his eyes.

He envied those teenagers who managed to live a normal lifestyle. His life was never normal. He wondered what it would be like to live a simple life. Others wanted to be famous, but he just wanted a simple and quiet life. Ironically, he also couldn’t let go of his career. He always got what he wanted in just a snap of a finger. He wondered what it would be like to fail, beg and be utterly desperate for something, but he was afraid of stepping out of his comfort zone.

He never experienced challenge and challenge was what he was seeking at that exact moment.

“Have you seen the news all over internet? It’s all about you again and as expected, it’s nothing good! If you want to keep your career, stay out of the bad publicity.” Jungkook let his manager nag as another one of his drunken night escapades with his friends were captured in cameras.

Every move he made were captured and recorded. The word freedom was thrown out of the window as soon as he appeared on a magazine. He was young and oblivious to what the world was about to throw him when he grows up. If only he knew how formidable life would be, he would’ve taken a path nowhere near the limelight.

The sound of a car honking disrupted his thoughts. He looked through the balcony to get a better view and realised that it was Taehyung who just parked at his garage.

Jungkook made his way to the living room to meet Taehyung who was jogging to the kitchen.

“Man, I’m so thirsty.” Taehyung opened a small bottle of orange juice and drank all its contents in one go.

“Thank you for disturbing my peace,” Jungkook sarcastically remarked.

“Have you seen the news?” Taehyung sat down on the sofa and the TV to watch a movie.

“Yeah, but, hey, at least they didn’t get our faces on the camera. You can’t even tell it was us, except for the people who actually saw us and you know that the media would want a better proof that it was us whom they saw.”

“Which is why I wasn’t that worried in the first place.”

Jungkook ruffled his hair as he watched the movie with disinterest. He looked at the wooden ceiling and tilted his head. “Correct me if I’m wrong, but did I see the heiress in the pub?”

Oh, if only Jihyo heard that term, she would’ve choked Jungkook to death immediately. She despised being called ‘the heiress’, although she was one.

Taehyung looked at the younger guy as if the answer was in his face. “I don’t remember seeing her. Maybe you just mistook somebody as Jihyo.”

Taehyung’s answer was ignored by Jungkook. He was certain that he saw her, and he just needed someone to reconfirm the fact that the angelic, lovable and workaholic heiress in the eyes of the public was flirting with other guys. Jungkook has heard stories about Jihyo’s shenanigans that her parents wouldn’t be so proud of.

Jungkook, however, was right. Jihyo was indeed at the same pub at the same time they went. It was just one of those hazy nights that Jihyo could barely remember. She was drinking her guts out, grinding with some random guy that stank alcohol, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter