Sunshine

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook and Jihyo couldn’t be nettled anymore by the people who heard what Jihyo proclaimed herself as.

“My girlfriend, you said?” Jungkook broke into the most vivid smile Jimin had seen in months.

Jihyo looked at her foot and played with her fingers embarassedly. “Are you going to talk to me or not?” She was getting galled, but her discomfort was through the roof that Jungkook found it undeniably endearing.

“Yeah, yeah. After all, I’m not a mean boyfriend.” Jungkook then pulled Jihyo and sat her down in the makeshift tent for him.

Jimin cleared his throat and raised his eyebrow. “I guess I’ll leave you two alone?” Jungkook ignored him as he couldn’t stop staring at Jihyo. “Ah. How annoying. I was resting here so peacefully and you lovebirds decided to ruin it,” he remarked in a joking manner and left with a big smile on his face. As giddy as Jimin was, the right thing to do was to let Jungkook have the moment all to himself.

Jungkook took a chair and sat in front of Jihyo. His eyes looking fondly at her face as she attempted to concentrate on the makeup box right beside Jungkook.

“I don’t see why you’re looking everywhere else except your boyfriend.” Jungkook tried his hardest not to squeal with delight as he fought the urge to smother her with love.

“Jungkook,” Jihyo moaned in defeat. She knew what she did was anything but using her brain, and she didn’t know what to do now.

Jungkook couldn’t stop gaping at her. How he missed looking at her face without her having to literally shove him away.

She looked like someone he wanted to be with for as long as he could breathe.

“Are you going to be a supportive girlfriend and accompany me with my other photoshoot after this?”

Jihyo nodded the slightest. Her mind was blank as she sat with Jungkook. She wanted to talk to him, but it wasn’t the right time and place to do so.

Jungkook seemed to take note of her discomfort as everyone seemed to be suddenly interested at Jihyo. “How about we come back to my place after my schedule and we’ll talk? And I think you need to talk to that guy over there.” Jungkook jabbed his thumb to where Mark was standing and snorted in jealousy.

“Ah, you’re right.” Jihyo shot out of her seat, but Jungkook quickly held her arm.

“You’re coming back, right?” A lot had happened between the two of them and Jungkook still didn’t know where he stood in her life. He feared losing her again.

Jihyo smiled tenderly at him. She understood how he felt. “Of course. I won’t take long.” She leniently swiped Jungkook’s hand away from her arm.

“And if he ever lays a finger on you again, trust me, you wouldn’t want to imagine what I would do to him.” Jungkook’s warning was not to be taken lightly as he never gave out empty threats. He had always been possessive towards Jihyo due to the fear of losing her. He knew how it disintegrated him losing her.

-

Mark offered Jihyo a smile. He was smiling at her because he was truly glad for her, but that didn’t cover the fact that he was sad. Jihyo returned his smile. So many things she wanted to talk to him about the past couple of days and maybe a little bit about her past.

“You wouldn’t be Mark that I knew if you chose to be selfish and kept me for yourself. So, thank you, really. Thank you for everything that you have done for me.” Jihyo’s heart hurt for Mark. He was a great man and she just happened to be the wrong person for him.

“I wanted to be selfish that moment, but I knew that would be so wrong. Even though this hurts like hell, I hope he won’t let go of you again. Be happy, Jihyo.” Mark controlled his tears as he looked at Jihyo.

“But we both know you’re not that type of person. I really hope you’ll find the right one for you. I wish you all the best. But I hope we can still be friends after this.” Jihyo wanted nothing but the best for Mark. He played a big role in her life during that short amount of time they knew each other. He was ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter