History Is Not Going to Repeat Itself

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things had been better to say the least. Although Jihyo’s family were officially bankrupt, she still enjoyed living the simple life. The transition was slow, so she was able to bear with it. Each day she spent with Jungkook brought her the sincerest and realest smiles.

Despite her casual breakdowns and Jungkook giving her a hug to comfort her, followed after. Albeit both of them had no ill intention towards each other like using the other body for pleasure, they still somehow ended up tangled in the sheets after a stressful day. And they didn’t mind it.

Just like they both believed, relieved their stress.

“Good morning.” Jungkook greeted Jihyo with a kiss on her temple as she groggily opened her email to look for any replies from the jobs that she had been applying.

“Morning.”

Jihyo watched Jungkook get a coffee from his Nespresso machine and admired his torso and imprints she made on him. Jihyo giggled just the tiniest, but Jungkook heard it as it was only the two of them in his house. Jungkook glanced at her and raised his eyebrow in suspicion.

“What are you laughing at?”

Jihyo refused to answer him and reached for her mug only to find it empty. She made her way to where Jungkook was standing so she could get another coffee. Jungkook moved to the side to let her have access to the machine and only to trap her in his arms as she pressed the buttons and the machine made whirring sounds.

The morning afters, the kisses, the hugs and the smiles just felt all too intimate for them, but none said a word about it.

“What was so funny, huh?” Jungkook leaned in to meet her eyes as she smiled playfully and tried pushing him back with her finger.

“Your back looks nice, is all.” Jihyo turned around again as the machine had finished dispensing coffee. She sat down and faced her laptop again.

Jungkook tried to look at his back, even though he knew he wouldn’t be able to see anything.

“Getting a little possessive, I see,” Jungkook remarked as he sat in front of her.

“Like you would complain about it,” she rebutted.

Jungkook just snorted and took his time drinking his coffee as he watched her quietly while pretending to be on his phone.

It was moments like these that killed Jihyo a little inside. She wanted it to be an everyday thing, something that would always happen. Because she knew that somehow, she had started developing feelings for Jungkook.

When it started? She had no clue.

-

It was in the middle of the afternoon when Jihyo’s mother had contacted her. All she told her was to dress nice and to meet them at the address that they had given her.

Jihyo had her suspicions, but she was having a great day so she didn’t want to ruin her own happiness.

“Are you coming back here after your afternoon tea with your parents?” Jungkook inquired as he buttoned his polo shirt, ready to drive to Taehyung’s house.

Jihyo checked herself in the mirror and shook her head. “I think my apartment misses me.”

“Does not.”

“Shut up, dumbkook.”

Jungkook glared at her as he creeped up behind her and put his hands on her waist. His instincts just overtook him and he thought for a second it was appropriate to do that to Jihyo. Muste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter