Reappearance

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Adorned in a black mid-length dress, Jihyo wrapped her arms around the man that tried all ways possible to convince her to go to Korea for a short while for his sister’s engagement party. The man was wearing a semi-formal attire, matching Jihyo’s.

“What drink would you like? Gin and tonic?” the man teased Jihyo, knowing she absolutely hated gin.

“Mark, I will kill you.”

Mark Tuan was the name of the guy that Jihyo had been exclusively seeing in Italy. Jihyo and Mark met through mutual friends. Jihyo was still wrecked from what had happened between her and Jungkook, so she didn’t really pay attention to Mark. She went to Italy with the intention of taking care of herself and to turn over a new leaf. Mark’s arrival in her life was unexpected, but most definitely not unwanted. He approached Jihyo with the purest intentions and honesty. Her beauty caught his eyes, but her rambunctious personality shook his heart. He liked her for being her despite not knowing what she had just gone through. Mark knew that Jihyo was not telling him something, a scornful past he assumed, and he was willing to give her all the time in the world for her to tell him. Now, how could Jihyo resist a single date with Mark after befriending him and seeing what type of heaven on earth he was? Mark made Jihyo forget about her detestable past and the people in it. Although Jihyo’s mind still drifted to Jungkook from time to time, she never failed to convince herself each time that she deserved better and Mark was better.

They went on weekly dates and Mark had even asked her to be his girlfriend, but Jihyo declined with so much guilt. She just wasn’t ready to fully trust a man yet after how Jungkook tossed her aside. Mark wasn’t surprised when Jihyo said no, but his feelings were too overwhelming for him and he just wanted to make her his officially. He respected Jihyo’s decisions and he was happy with what they had.

Their trip to Korea was grim for her. Jihyo knew Mark wouldn’t miss his sister’s engagement for anything in the world. Despite the fact that Jihyo was apprehensive about going back to Korea, she still wanted to support Mark and witness one of the most important moments in his life.

“Whiskey, please,” Jihyo told the bartender as Mark viewed the bottles of alcohol gracing the shelf. Mark added his drink order and laced his fingers with Jihyo as they sat on the nearest table.

Jungkook who was sitting not too far from Jihyo watched how the other male held her hands. He thought about the times when he was able to hold her hands in his. He should’ve been the one doing that, not some other guy.

Yearning, outrage, jealousy and exhilaration were all emerging from Jungkook. All those months that had gone by, all his efforts gone fruitless all because she was with another man?

Fury surpassed all his other emotions and he strode angrily to where Jihyo was sitting. Jihyo immediately caught on with the uninvited aura that was approaching them. She looked at the source of negativity and found herself short-winded as she saw the last place on the planet that she wanted to see. Her grip on Mark’s hand tightened and she felt all the colours from her face drain.

“Are you okay?” Mark asked worriedly.

Jihyo didn’t have the time to reply as she was suddenly being ripped off from her seat. Mark couldn’t believe his eyes as someone pried off Jihyo from her seat.

“Hey, watch it, ! What do you think you’re doing?” Mark snarled at Jungkook as he went to her side and kept her behind him.

“Jihyo, you know we need to talk,” Jungkook stated, completely ignoring Mark who was fuming with anger.

Jihyo shook her head and her heart wouldn’t stop beating rapidly. She was hiding behind Mark and looked at Jungkook.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter