'Till I See You Again

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you really have to go?” Jungkook whimpered over the phone as Jihyo finished preparing for Mark’s sister’s engagement party.

Jihyo laughed as she fixed her dress one last time. “Yes, silly. Why are you so worried? It’s his sister’s engagement party, not mine and Mark’s.” Jihyo smirked devilishly as Jungkook asked her to repeat again what she just had said.

“I do not enjoy your sarcasm, woman.” Jungkook huffed as he faked a cry. “I have to go back to work. Keep me updated, okay? I love you.”

“I will. Take care.”

It had been like that since the confession; Jungkook saying I love you while Jihyo never said it back. Jungkook understood that Jihyo was having a difficult time saying it back, but he didn’t question her feelings for him. He knew her like no one else did. Hearing it would make him gratified, but as long as he had her, he couldn’t be more grateful and overjoyed.

-

Jungkook had an early finish today and decided to spend some time with Yoojin while waiting for Jihyo. Just like the old times, the two men spent their time away playing video games, but they had upped the punishment this time, so the loser had to take a shot of vodka.

It was around the sixth or seventh game when the doorbell chimed. Yoojin being the sober one, was the one who opened the door for Jihyo.

“You’re back early,” Yoojin greeted Jihyo.

“Well, yeah. I didn’t really know anyone from the party aside from Mark and his sister.” Jihyo was still dressed from the party, having to come straight back to Jungkook’s home instead of hers.

“My love!” Jungkook called at the top of his voice from the living room and Jihyo raised an eyebrow. “Give me cuddles!”

“Is he drunk?” Jihyo asked Yoojin who laughed bashfuly.

“Maybe. Well we’ve been playing and I think he was letting me win all along because he’s still worried about me. I mean the loser had to take a shot of vodka and it’s safe to say that I only took one while he’s had the rest,” Yoojin explained and the two of them walked to the living room.

Jihyo laughed a little as she looked at Jungkook who was sitting on the floor with a bottle of vodka and 2 empty shot glasses on the coffee table and 3 empty bags of chips.

“You should stay, Yoojin. I don’t think Jungkook would want you to leave at this time of night anyway,” Jihyo told Yoojin as she picked up the trash and disposed of them.

“I don’t want to interrupt the two of you or anything,” Yoojin retorted.

“If anything, I would be the one interrupting the two of you.” Jihyo smiled. “You have a lot to catch up on and Jungkook and I had already talked.”

Yoojin rubbed his temples and sighed in defeat. “Alright. I’ll leave first thing in the morning. I don’t want my family to be too worried.” Yoojin helped Jungkook up from the floor and sat him on the couch. “You should get changed. I’ll take care of this brat.”

“Thank you, Yoojin.”

Jihyo went straight to the bathroom and freshened herself up. She took a quick bath to remove all traces of hairspray and makeup from her hair and face. Once done, she changed into a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. She checked Jungkook’s bedroom first and true to her suspicions, he was already passed out asleep and she assumed Yoojin had went to bed too. She joined Jungkook under the covers and recalled of her conversation with Mark.

“Our flight is in 3 days. Are you still coming back with me to Italy or are you staying?”

Jihyo groaned as Mark mentioned about their flight. She had completely forgotten to tell Jungkook about her flight. They were too cooped up with each other’s presences that they had somehow overlooked the fact that Jihyo’s job was still in Italy.

“Of course, I have to but I haven’t told Jungkook yet.”

“Jihyo!” Mark exclaimed in fear and surprise. “You have to tell him as soon as you can.”

“I know…”

She looked at Jungkook’s sleeping face. His hair was a mess, his lips were slightly parted, his nose that she loved to boop every time she woke up right beside him and his eyelashes that had always accentuated his dark brown orbs. She thought about how lucky she was, not because her man was drop dead gorgeous, but how he learnt from his mistake and had never given up on her since.

They both didn’t know what the future held for them, but they knew they would go through it together with more ease this time because they had each o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter