Fight Fire with Fire

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dad, what’s going on?” Jihyo sleepily asked as she angrily answered the call from her dad. She looked at that time only for it to read 4:53 am.

“I told you to look through the financial report and find out how this happened yet you couldn’t do it? Such a simple task I asked of you yet you failed to do.”

In her head, all Jihyo wanted to say was, “If it were that easy, then why don’t you just do it yourself?” but instead, she tried her very best not to burst out of anger and annoyance.

“Dad, I’m pretty sure the chief auditor should be doing this, not me. My role in the company is to manage administrative functions and manage our employees.”

“Don’t talk back to me. Just do what I told you what to do and stop doing whatever useless things you’re doing from now on. Do you think your job is that hard? Why don’t you try being the CEO or the Chairman?”

Jihyo knitted her eyebrows in anger as she realised none of her words were going through her father’s head. She wanted to give him a piece of her mind, but she wanted to still respect him as her father.

With a silent sigh, she replied, “I will go to the company as quick as I can and I will update you in an hour.”

Of course she didn’t go straight to the company. She went right back to sleep after turning off her phone to avoid any more calls especially from the company.

Just right before 8 a.m., Jihyo arrived at the company with a really unpleasant vibe around her which was far from her usual demeanour.

Hours passed, she still couldn’t put her finger through the root of the problem, so she decided to call in the head auditor of the company.

The head auditor was a couple of decades older than Jihyo, but his respect for Jihyo was the same level as he would give to Jihyo’s father.

“I don’t understand how we lost millions in a span of 6 months undetected,” Jihyo simply stated as they both looked through the financial reports.

The chief auditor took over on looking through the pages and studied the files carefully. Jihyo slumped on her seat and decided to call all the executive employees in an emergency meeting.

Less than an hour later, the important people of the company walked through the company which turned heads. It was a rare occasion to see those people all at once in the same area.

Whisperings from the other employees were hushed as they made their way to one of the meeting rooms where Jihyo and a couple of people where already waiting.

As soon as the room was complete, Jihyo got into the main topic right away.

“Let me get straight to the point on why all of you have been called here today. In the past couple of months, we have been losing millions of dollars. It’s not because of bad publicity or the market but it’s something else. If you look at these reports here, it shows our consistent earnings and the small fluctuations in income, but look at these next charts where it indicates our profit going down on a negative 55%.”

Gasps in disbelief and bewilderment surrounded the room as they, too, were clueless on what was happening.

“Someone has been stealing money from the company and it was going on for months undetected. Now, what makes me really furious is that none of you saw this happening and let it through your fingers which caused us millions and we are still losing more money as I speak.” Every word that left was heavy. With each sentence, her voice grew louder and her anger rose. “I want each and every one of you to survey your department and I want an employment and police record of every single one of our employees from our interns, part-timers to our very own executives.” Jihyo balled her fists as she was standing in the middle of the u-shaped room setup and looked dangerously mad at every person in the room.

“We have hundreds and hundreds of employees, Miss Jihyo.”

“And I have zero tolerance to bull,” Jihyo answered honestly which surprised the man at her choice of words. “I want a report in 2 days, and if you fail your duty, you will be dismissed and blacklisted from this area of employment. I am taking this seriously and whoever finds the culprit first will receive a tremendous reward.”

A couple more minutes of discussion was made in the meeting room, but none of them faltered Jihyo’s perseverance in going to the extreme to find the suspect in the shortest amount

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter