Façade Down

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook walked into the ginormous mall to do a little bit of shopping and to get out from his nest he called home. He paired an all-black jumper, boots and skin-tight jeans with a cap and shades. He didn’t care anymore if he would get acknowledged. He just wanted to go out like a normal person without having to cover his whole identity. But as expected, he was recognised in a flash as soon as he got out from his car. Shrieks and a mini stampede happened when Jungkook’s fans saw him. Soon, cameras popped out of nowhere and Jungkook just continued to ignore all of them. Feeling that the noise was getting way too unbearable for him, he plugged in his earphones and thanked the guards silently as they protected him from the disorderly crowd.

Jungkook entered a store and skimmed through the racks of clothes. He had tons of clothes that would clothe an entire town, yet there he was, shopping for more.

Jihyo groaned loudly as she saw a mass of crowd surrounding a specific store. She had to get in that store, and she guessed that a famous icon might’ve been inside if there was such a havoc outside the store. Jihyo had promised her younger cousin to buy him the clothes he was dying to get his hands on from that store when he graduated from high school. All she wanted to do was to get her cousin a present and not to go through what looked like an apocalypse.

Jihyo watched as more people assembled and mentally gave up. “The store is not going anywhere, I can definitely come back any time when it’s peaceful,” she muttered to herself.

Becoming aware that she hadn’t been out on a mall for quite some time now, she decided to go to a less crowded place and maybe do some shopping.

Jihyo was at a high-end store looking for something new to wear, and she was recognised by the staff. It was one of the shops that Jihyo frequented whenever she did some shopping. She was casually checking out the rack of clothes when all of a sudden, the noise and chaos that she avoided grew louder. She had figured that whoever that person was from the previous store had decided to go to a nearby store or worse, on where she was currently at. She looked over her shoulder and tried to figure out who that person was. His chiselled jaw and the faint scar on his cheekbone was all too familiar for Jihyo.

As if Jungkook felt the heavy and curious stare at him, he looked at the direction where Jihyo was standing. He removed his sunglasses to take a better look and cracked a tiny smirk.

“Heiress.”

Jihyo shook her head and continued shopping like Jungkook wasn’t even there. Jungkook had a different intention in mind. He wasn’t going to allow Jihyo to pretend that he wasn’t there, and now that Jihyo was around, his day was made a lot better.

Jungkook approached Jihyo and Jihyo looked up at him quizically. “How are you doing, Jungkook?” Jihyo asked with a small smile.

“I would really appreciate if you drop the formalities, Jihyo.” Jungkook then riffled through the women’s clothes and scrutinised a couple of items before handing it Jihyo. “I think these would suit you better.”

Jihyo looked around and slightly reprimanded Jungkook, “What are you doing? I don’t want people to get the wrong idea.”

Jungkook just shrugged and replied, “You’re known as the heiress, so our close relationship shouldn’t be a question from the public since I work in your company and I’m your top star.” Jungkook smugly smiled at her. He wasn’t exaggerating, and she knew that.

“Since when were we close?”

Jungkook ignored Jihyo and ligh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter