Lost

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Italy. That was where Jihyo sought tranquillity from the havoc of a life she led in Korea. In Italy, no one knew her. She was satisfied with the simplicity of the life she was now having in Italy. Living in a foreign country was difficult for her, especially since English wasn’t the main language – the only language she could speak aside from Korean.

Adjusting wasn’t easy for her, but she quickly made friends as one of her colleagues at work happened to be Korean and introduced her to the tiny Korean community in Milan.

All was good for Jihyo. Italy really did help her start a new life, even though she still had hidden pains buried deep inside the hollows of her heart.

On the other part of the world, however, there was a man slowly dying from the agony he had created himself.

Jungkook had been muddling up his photoshoots a lot more than usual without purpose. His mind was in a different place, and he completely detested it. He loathed himself for not being able to act professional, for getting so overworked and for causing his own anguish.

He had been jogging around his neighbourhood a lot more lately to calm his mind. He didn’t want to think of how he pushed Jihyo away, picked his career over her and how she just abruptly vanished from the map.

Exactly a week after Jihyo left his apartment, he tried to call her with the intention of asking for forgiveness and making himself look less of an . Her phone was unreachable, much to his stupefaction. He attempted again that same night, but to no successful outcome. He thought maybe she just blocked his number, but when he tried using his manager’s phone to call her, he grew disconcerted when he still couldn’t call her. Then he thought maybe she changed her number. Visiting her apartment was the last alternative, but that was what he did. He came back day after day on different hours after the first time he rang and no one answered the door. He grew so frustrated that he finally asked the management about Jihyo’s whereabouts, but they couldn’t tell Jungkook due to their tenants’ confidentiality.

One fateful day, Jungkook was back at her apartment and a housekeeper was just about to leave the apartment. Jungkook ran to her and introduced himself as Jihyo’s boyfriend. The housekeeper patently didn’t buy it as she said, “No one’s been in this apartment for weeks now, young man. But if you really happen to be her boyfriend, I think the letter is meant for you.” Jungkook’s heart pounded when he heard her say how no one had been inhabiting the place for quite a while, but when he was notified that there was a letter, his mind just started to whir.

Jungkook took in the details of her apartment and the smell the house emitted just punched him a whole load of feeling in his heart. It smelled like Jihyo and it smelled like heartbreak. He slowly sauntered towards her bedroom and then found the letter that he was told about. There was no addressee of the letter, but he opened it.

At the end of the letter, Jungkook flipped the paper, desperate for more. He could feel his heart breaking even more with each passing second. Jihyo had left the country and no one knew where she went. He had no one to ask as Jihyo didn’t have friends that she was close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter