Concede

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Endless calls, questions and emails had flooded the company, its CEO, COO and Jihyo. None of them had entertained any questions unless the company had announced something. The company had 3 months to fix and pay off their debts using the money they had left. Even Jihyo had to use almost all of her money to help the company for their debts with the hundreds of contracts they had to terminate. With their whole lineage of wealthy people, it was easy for them to borrow money, but that only meant they racked up an even bigger debt.

Their artists and most of their employees had all left the company, or should I say, relieved from the company. The company only had a couple of months left before the bank would claim the building.

Jihyo’s private investigator found out that it was the head auditor who had been stealing money, but before they could even catch him, he had already fled the country.

They couldn’t keep the company running by borrowing money as they knew that their debts would just accumulate more and more and they couldn’t risk that as they knew they couldn’t keep borrowing money forever.

Hate messages had flooded Jihyo’s personal mobile phone, her apartment’s door had been vandalised, death threats and even boxes filled with pig’s blood and intestines made their appearance which not surprisingly frightened Jihyo half to death that she had to sleep in a hotel for an entire week.

Jungkook had been trying to contact Jihyo for the past weeks endlessly, but Jihyo had bigger problems than to deal with her romance gone wrong.

Jihyo’s phone rang again with Jungkook’s name on the screen. She had no intentions of answering the call until someone spun her around.

“Jungkook?”

“No, I’m a creepy fan boy,” Jungkook retorted. If it were any other day, Jihyo would’ve cracked a smile, but nothing seemed to lift up her mood anymore. Jungkook knew Jihyo was feeling like it was the end of the world for her, but hey, at least he tried to make her smile.

He wanted to ask if she was okay, even though he knew, and anyone could tell that she wasn’t okay. Jungkook just wanted to see her himself and he couldn’t make up any decent reason as to why.

“What are you doing here?”

Jungkook was starting to panic as he couldn’t produce any plausible answer on the spot.

“Jungkook?” Jihyo called.

Jungkook heaved a small sigh. “Look, I just wanted to know if you’re alright. I know this whole thing is a lot to take, but if you need anyone, I’m here to talk.”

Jihyo laughed as she looked Jungkook directly in his eyes. Usually, Jungkook would intimidate her or Jungkook would just resort to a childish reply, but this time, Jungkook’s playfulness was absent.

“I didn’t know we’re that close.”

Jungkook’s eyebrow twitched in slight annoyance. He didn’t prepare himself on a side that Jihyo had never shown him before – which was pushing anyone who came near her away when she was at her lowest because she had never been at her lowest before, unlike this one.

“We talked in the company and shared one night, Jungkook. What makes you think we’re friends?”

He was slightly hurt by her words. That night wasn’t just any other hook-up for him.

“Look, I know you might hate me for simply existing in this world, but I know you need someone right now and I’m offering myself to you. I’m willing to do anything to help you and you can hate me all you want after that.”

Jihyo’s eyes flickered the slightest in misery. She wanted to cry, let out all her vexation and emotions that had been pent up in her. She wanted to tell Jungkook how much she needed someone, anyone to be there for her through her toughest times, but the words wouldn’t just come out right. “I don’t need you,” was what came out of instead.

Tears finally rolled down in her cheeks as she glared at Jungkook for being the person she needed. “Get out of my face, Jungkook. I don’t need you.” Her tears weren’t from anger, but from desperation that she hoped would reach him. She desperately needed him to understand that she didn’t mean those words and that she needed him to stay, hold her in his arms and tell her that he wouldn’t let her go, ever.

But Jungkook wasn’t a mind reader and Jihyo was the hardest person to read, according to Jungkook.

With so much unwilling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter