Clearing of the Storm

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that Jihyo hadn’t been thinking about Jungkook’s abrupt confession would be a lie. There she was, sitting in the chair in her apartment that she really missed. Nothing had changed in her apartment which made her feel as if she was back in time when things were still in her favour and when things between her and Jungkook were nothing but pure bliss.

The tiniest hope in her was expecting that Jungkook was in love with her, but to actually hear it coming from him swept her right off her feet. She wasn’t supposed to feel anything for him when he said those three damned words, but her heart beat slowly and painfully. It was as if breathing was the hardest thing to do and she couldn’t tear her eyes away from his. His eyes were excruciatingly honest and pure even though it radiated pain and longing as well.

She had expected Jungkook to be knocking on her door to talk to her after she ran away from him, but she was dismayed when he did not. Now that she was back, why did Jungkook’s antics suddenly halt?

Jihyo called Mark as soon as she got home and told her what happened, but took away some incidents, fearing he would leave her and drop her like what Jungkook did to her.

“Are you sure you’ll be fine? I mean I’m just worried about you,” Mark said through the phone as Jihyo played with her pen, twirling it around her fingers.

“Yeah, of course I will. You’re just overthinking.” She let out a tiny laugh.

There was a short pause on both sides until Mark started talking, “But Jihyo, if… if you need to talk to me about anything? I’m here to listen. Your happiness is of my best interest and I don’t want to be the one holding you back to reach it.” Mark’s voice was calm and soft, and it hurt Jihyo that she knew too well what he was talking about.

“Mark –”

“Jihyo, look. I might not know you for as long as I wish, but I know you somehow. And I know at times like this one, it’s best if I give you space,” Mark sighed as he continued, “After my sister’s engagement party, I’ll let you be alone. I’m not pressuring you or anything, but if you choose him, please let me know before we go back to Italy.”

As Jihyo thought about it, Mark was someone who showed her what it was like to be loved wholly. He was someone who was doting and showy unlike Jungkook. Jihyo craved for someone who showed her love unlike what Jungkook denied her. She wanted to be showed off publicly, too. Mark was someone who would message Jihyo “Good morning” or “I hope you’re eating and not skipping meals” whereas Jungkook would only message her when necessary.

She laughed at the thought of how she was similar to Jungkook and more different towards Mark in the aspect of personality. Some people say that two negatives don’t always make a positive, in which she could refer to Jungkook and herself. And some people say that opposites attract, which would refer to her and Mark. Did she want someone who was similar or different to her? She didn’t mind. Either way, she would want to make it work as long as she loved the person she would choose.

-

Jungkook woke up with another wallowing heartache and he wondered why it hurt so bad when he had already found Jihyo. Was it because he was with another man or because she ran away when he finally confessed to her? Either one, it hurt him a lot.

Did he need to give her more time and space when he had already given her so much and when she disappeared from his grasp?

How much more pain was she going to give him? How much more could he handle? Or maybe did he need to finally move on?

Jungkook looked at the photos of him and Jihyo in his phone and felt his heart burn with sadness. Jihyo came bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter