The Heiress and The Womanisers

Chasing Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her deep sigh could be heard across the well-lighted room. Her long, dark hair was untied like it had always. She always used her hair to block her face for unwanted interactions and eye contacts from just anyone. She was limply holding the paper with her slender fingers. She had her right arm across her chest and she was leaning on the wall while looking out of the window from the tall building.

“Why me?” she questioned herself and shut her eyes for a couple of seconds.

The weight on her shoulders had always been heavy – it was as if the entire human race was her responsibility. She liked to slack, to party, to roam places and not to attend conferences, boring company parties and make money making her top priority.

Han Jihyo, the only daughter of the owners of the biggest and most successful TV network in Korea, Fairview Corporation.

A knock was heard and she looked at the door without even bothering to move away from her spot. “Miss Jihyo,” the voice of one of the employees who she didn’t really mind working with called. “Your father has already left for his trip.” Jihyo nodded and smiled a little in relief.

Unlike others, she didn’t really miss her parents; instead, Jihyo didn’t like having her parents around. She had always loved being alone. She loved her own private bubble and freedom – which she reckoned would be taken away sooner or later.

Her back curved a little as she stretched her arms up. “Oh, well. Parents out, playtime for Jihyo.” She smirked and headed to her favourite hangout spot – the Fairview TV Building.

The building had always been busy which what she liked the most about it. As much as she loved being alone, she didn’t mind the noisy and hectic environment as she had grown used to it. Ever since she was small, the building had always been her second home. She would watch tapings, performances and sneakily play with the props.

One of the makeup rooms inside the building was as busy as always. It contained one of the most expensive and most valuable artists of the year.

“Look at how cute they are! Ah, my heart!” Taehyung exaggerated as he watched one of the girl groups’ performances on his phone and pretended to faint on the couch. Jimin gagged in disgust while Jungkook, who was looking at his perfect boyish face, just blinked boredly as the stylist did his hair and completely ignored his friends.

Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook were one of the most sought-after celebrities. Taehyung and Jungkook were both models while Jimin was an all-around host and emcee. Although they were as busy as a bee, the three were always together.

With their similar interests and lifestyles, they found comfort with each other which grew so strong that they treated one another no different than best friends and brothers. The three musketeers, nicknamed by many people from the industry.

Jihyo have met the three of them, and she basically knew every artist in the industry, even the ones who were just about to debut. However, no interesting interactions have been made towards each other. She treated them like she would treat any other person in the building. Well, maybe with a little more importance since they brought in such unimaginable amount of cash to the company. She got treated the same, too. She was important, yes. She was the daughter of one of the richest and most famous parents in entire Korea, yes. But she was not an air-head nor a pain in the neck. She got treated with priority and importance, but that was a given being the CEO and Chairman’s daughter.

The daily ritual of greetings and bows were made as she walked through the automatic glass door and into the spacious tiled lobby of the building. A meek smile painted her face as she quickly made her way to a studio where she had no clue what on earth was going on. It was nothing special, really. It was just another scheduled photoshoot for Jungkook and Taehyung. Jimin was just casually hanging around as he would rather wait for hours for his friends than get his privacy invaded by crazy, obsessed stalkers.

“Good morning, Miss Jihyo.”

“Good morning.”

“Hello, Miss Jihyo.”

The two men who were posing for the camer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter