Fragile

Stepping Stones

Tick, tock.....tick, tock.....tick....tock...

That was the first thing D.O heard as he slowly came back to his senses. He groaned as he opened his eyes. Spots danced throughout his vision, and showed no sign of stopping anytime soon. The scene was all but familiar; back in his room, under the covers. However, the dialouge he could overhear from outside was far from usual.

"We need to check his temperature soon...he's sweating an awful lot."

"Should we take him to a doctor?"

"Are you crazy?! Of course not... break or no break, if word gets out...."

"He's been asleep for half the day now!"

Kyungsoo mentally smacked himself. Everyone's worried, when they're supposed to be using this precious time to relax and feel the exact opposite. He feels terrible, both emotionally and physically. He didn't want everyone to baby him, yet...

He tried to rise to a sitting position in bed, finding it alarmingly difficult. His arms shuddered and gave out, making him flop back down to where he was before, causing him to hiss in discomfort. His body ached like an old man's. He coughed hoarsely. D.O found it pathetic.

"It's been a while. Let me check up on him." The voice sounded like it belonged to Suho.

Kyungsoo quickly shut his eyes as the door opened. The group's leader walked to the side of the bed.

Suho softly placed his cold hand on Kyungsoo's head. The temperature made D.O wince, he could not help it.

He'd been caught.

"Kyungsoo? You awake?" Suho spoke softly, ruffling the sick boy's hair. "You've been out of it for a while....we need to see how you're feeling."

D.O murmured, tossing and turning slightly. He felt sweat roll down his cheek. His eyes opened once more to face the mother of the group. 

"Good." The leader cooed. "Do me a favor...try to stay awake just the slightest bit longer. I'm going to check your temperature and everything. Can you do that for me?"

D.O weakly nodded. In a normal circumstance, he would've complained to not treat him as a child, but right now, he more than welcomed it.

Suho smiled. "I'll be right back." 

Kyungsoo sighed. This would not be easy in the slightest.