Together Again

Stepping Stones

Kyungsoo opened his eyes the next morning, finding his limbs intertwined with Jongins. The sheets of the hospital bed had been tussled lightly. The patient smiled, feeling his warm cheek against the younger one. 

“Kai...” He whispered softly.

The dancer murmured. “Mhmmm...five more minutes....” he snuggled against his feverish hyung, exhausted from the night before. 

Kyungsoo sighed. His stomach let out some light protest when he tried to move, so he smiled and lied there with the other. He blushed looking at him closely. 

More sleep would be best. The patient pecked Kai on the cheek before drifting back asleep. 

~~~

A few hours later, the door to the room creaked open. The other members snuck in, some holding balloons that said “get well soon” and others with gifts from the places they visited.  They couldn’t help but internally scream from the sheer cuteness of the duo sleeping together on the bed.

Jongin groaned, opening his eyes slowly. He hadn’t noticed the other members yet, for he was still out of it. The dancer leaned in, kissing Kyungsoo to wake him up. The singer opened his eyes, instantly turning blood red when he saw the other members smiling brightly in the background.

Kai noticed Kyungsoo’s sudden distress and quickly turned around to see what the older was looking at. He let out a gasp. He turned redder than Soo, quickly getting up and bowing to his Hyungs.

”I-I’m sorry, I didn’t know y-you guys w-were-“ 

Junmyeon cut him off. “Shh. It’s fine.” The leader chuckled. “We’re a family. Don’t sweat it, we’ll keep it private.” Everyone else in the room nodded. Chanbaek was holding hands, staring in curiosity.