Pure Weakness

Stepping Stones

Jongin remained by Kyungsoo's side until he woke up.

When the dancer's hyung finally opened his eyes, a couple of hours after the movie ended, Kai wasn't sure what to make of it. Kyungsoo's eyes were dull, as if he was a phone with low battery. His breathing was loud and shaky. He stared up at his caretaker, sweat forming.

Crap.

"How do you feel?" Jongin asked, running his hand through his friend's bangs.  D.O shook his head, moving his arms so he could grasp his stomach. He winced when he did so.

An explosion of worry made Kai's heart beat faster. "It hurts? Are you nauseous again?" 

A slight nod came from the singer.  

Jongin bit his lip. He knew of D.O's strength. Once, his hyung had twisted an ankle on stage and kept dancing the choreography as if it was nothing. Kyungsoo could usually withstand a whole lot of pain, but Kai began to ponder if the sickness was worse than originally thought.

He tenderly lied his friend down on the couch, running for the kitchen to retrieve water, medicine and a thermometer. His heart beated faster when he came back and stuck the measurement device in Kyungsoo's mouth. After a minute it beeped, and Jongin gasped at the reading. 

"103.2." He stared at the machine, nearly dropping it when he saw D.O attempt to roll over on the couch but fail terribly, clutching his belly and groaning.

A panic began to rise up inside of Jongin. It hadn't been this bad before. He quickly helped his hyung swallow down the pills, and kneeled next to Kyungsoo.

Kai was no doctor, but even he knew that it was abnormal, even for a virus, for this much discomfort to be shown. He hesitated, but placed a hand on his friend's abdomen and pushed down lightly.

Kyungsoo shut his eyes tightly and whined. He shook violently, which made Jongin immediantly retract his palm, his eyes widening. It all finally made sense.

He snatched his phone, dialing the number for emergency services.