Empty Dorm

Stepping Stones

Jongin had spent all of his time working diligently ever since the other EXO members walked out of the door. The sun was starting to go down now, and Kyungsoo had fallen asleep again, not stirring even when Kai placed a cold towel on his forehead once more. Usually, he would ask D.O to cook something, but it would be practically inhumane to ask him in his condition. Kai settled for pizza delivery. In the meantime he tidied up the whole apartment, which had been left an absolute mess by the others. He now understood Suho's struggles in getting everyone organized.

Kyungsoo did eventually wake up. He whined when he opened his eyes. A terrible migraine had hit him. He shivered violently, barely noticing the cloth on his forehead. He stared at the ceiling, weakly croaking Jongin's name to no avail. He didn't remember the last time he felt this terrible. He weakly smiled at the irony of the situation he was in. Usually, Jongin came down with a fever easier than the rest of the members, which is why D.O is used to carrying medicine in his bag for him at all times. Now, it was him in that situation. The sick member coughed harshly, feeling as though his lungs were going to eventually come out. 

The door to his room opened a couple of minutes later. Jongin entered, quickly running to his friend's side when he noticed he was awake. "How are you feeling right now? Any better?"
Kyungsoo didn't want the younger member to worry so much, yet he couldn't lie. He felt like absolute crap. He weakly shook his head. "It's really cold...." He whispered.
Jongin placed the back of his hand softly on the other's cheek. "Your fever feels a bit lower, but it's still not even close to normal...." He looked at Kyungsoo's glassy eyes. "I'm sorry this had to happen...." He sat on the bed and held D.O's hand.

Kyungsoo didn't know exactly why, but Jongin's touch alone was enough to make him feel the slightest bit better.

"I need to go get you some medicine, I'll be right back-" Kai had gotten up and began to leave, however, D.O did not let go of his hand. 

"Can you....stay with me tonight?" Kyungsoo muttered. 

Jongin smiled. He hugged his sick friend. "Definitely."

Kyungsoo suddenly had a coughing fit in the other member's grasp, which made Kai tighten his grip and gently rub his hyung's back until he ceased in doing so.

"Thank you..." He managed, clutching Jongin closely. 

Kai nodded, propping Kyungsoo up with pillows to sit up. "I'll be quick." He then returned with pills and water.

"It says to normally take one, but to take two if it's especially bad."

Kai opens his palm. There sat two giant pills. 

Kyungsoo hung his head.

A/N

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a little while, I'll get back on it. If you're enjoying this story, then please comment, it makes my day. Alo, If there are any shawols present, please feel free to check out my other story I just recently put up, It's a Minho x reader <3

Love ya guys~

-CMH