The Next Morning

Stepping Stones

Sunlight streamed through the window. It was now day two of the rest of the members being gone. 

Kyungsoo's eyes were wide open. The sick boy was in a daze, staring at the ceiling. His nausea had thankfully disapated for now, but there was now another problem- he felt weaker than yesterday. Moving his body was like a bodybuilder lifting weights. Sweat stained the bedsheets. The singer's breathing was loud and shaky. Upon turning his head slightly, he found his caretaker still asleep, tangled in his limbs. 

D.O didn't want to wake him up. He did his best to remain as quiet as he could. However, that proved impossible, for an unaviodable coughing fit hit him hard. He gasped, then hacked and wheezed. His coughs were wet and painful, jerking his body upward. He held a hand to his throat, it was on fire.

Jongin quickly opened his eyes to this spectacle, hugging his hyung in an attempt to calm him. It broke his heart to see him like this. 

When Kyungsoo finished, he leaned against Kai. Everything hurt. He found a hand on his forehead a few seconds later.

"Jeez, it's like a campfire.." Jongin muttered when he retracted his hand. The dancer grabbed the towel from the bedside and wiped sweat off of his hyung, who moaned.

"m'sorry that you have to take care of me. m'sorry that I got sick...."  D.O mumbled to the younger of the two. 

"Don't be sorry, hyung. It's my pleasure." Kai smiled. "I know that you would do the same for me."

Suddenly, Jongin's phone began to buzz. He grabbed it and answered without even looking at the caller id. He knew it was one of the other members. "Hello?"

A familiar voice came from the other side of the line. "Hey, Jongin."

"Yixing, how's the concert thing going?"

Lay paused momentarily from the other side of the line, then responded. "It's going well. Sorry, manager-hyung told me to make this quick....we're practicing on the stage. We all want to know how soo' is doing....is he any better?"

Jongin took a glance at his sick hyung. He sighed. "Not much improvement yet. His fever is raging...."

"Give him our love. Call us again tonight...." Another pause. "I have to go now, we're going to do the routine again."

"Ok. Bye hyung~"

"Bye~"

The line went dead.

Kai put his phone on the nightable and turned his attention back to Kyungsoo, who was struggling to get out of bed. 

Jongin sighed. It would be another long day for the duo.