Together

Stepping Stones

When Jongin was alerted that he was finally allowed to go to Kyungsoo’s room, the younger idol pulled himself together and followed the nurses. He peered in and found his hyung asleep.

The nurses gave the boy a medicine container which held two pills for D.O to take when he woke up. The medics then took their leave.

Kai settled in a chair right next to his hyung’s bedside, grabbing his hand and holding on to it. He broke down again, his tears dripping onto the arm that’s held Soo’s IV. He sobbed, unable to take seeing him like this....

D.O opened his eyes a while later, finding then younger boy weeping. He smiled weakly and winced sitting up. He hugged the other. 

Ksi gasped seeing Kyungsoo awake. He embraced him immediately, not too tightly to hurt the boy’s stitched stomach. “Hyung...are you okay? I’m so sorry...I didn’t know...I...” his voice cracked.

The two idols stayed in an embrace for eternity. Jongin couldn’t help but bury his face into Soo’s shoulder. The sick singer calmed him down. “It’s ok, Jongin-ah, there’s no way you could’ve known....” he said softly, rocking the boy back and fourth. 

After the embrace finished, Jongin helped his hyung take the medicine. He then lied him back down, tucking him in. “Get some more sleep, ok?” You need it. He smiled weakly.

He checked his phone, which was absolutely blowing up with texts and calls from the other members. Kai chuckled weakly, responding to all of them. 

“Soo had appendicitis, I’m with him in a private room at the hospital. He’s a lot better, just needing some rest.” 

Jongin wrote, sending it. 

He smiled and returned his attention to Kyungsoo, hugging him again for good measure. “I’m glad you’re ok...” he said thankfully. 

The dancer teared up again.