Chapter 23 - Minseok

Society's Rejects

Disclaimer - Mention of blood, nothing serious, just a small injury.

***

Minseok expected something to be different - anything - but yet everything was exactly the same as it had been.

Waking up, later then usual because there was no caregiver but still early because Junmyeon wanted to put his plan into action as quickly as possible, Minseok found Luhan acting no different. Besides the fact that the latter had a hangover for his large consumption of alcohol last night, he wasn't acting in any different way despite the very big thing that happened last night.

"You don't remember, anything?" Minseok asked, swinging his legs off his bed after Junmyeon so graciously woke the two boys up, being greeted with freezing cold air.

"No," Luhan groaned, rubbing his head and just sitting there, glaring at the older. "Why, did I do something?"

Minseok immediately flushed a deep shade of red, shaking his head. "N-No!" He got up, gathering his clothes. "I-I should g-go shower."

Leaving Luhan clueless, he shut the door behind him and made his way to the bathroom, finally letting out a sigh of relief once the scolding hot water touched him and calmed his nerves.

It was okay. The kiss was forgotten. Luhan was to drunk to remember. 

It should be okay. But just because Luhan didn't remember the kiss doesn't mean Minseok could forget just as easily. The taste of Luhan's lips still lingered on his own, and how he wished he could get rid of that feeling.

"Yixing-ah," Minseok shuffled closer to the younger Chinese boy, whispering as they both were in the kitchen and the others were at the table. "I don't think I was able to convince Luhan to give us Heechul-hyung's address. I'm sorry."

Yixing's eyebrows furred in confusion. "Hyung, what are you talking about? Luhan already gave it to us."

Minseok's eyes widen. "When?"

"A few minutes before you came in. I don't know what you told him, but it worked. I knew he would listen to you."

It didn't make sense. Yesterday, Luhan was so against the idea of bringing Heechul back. And if he didn't remember their conversation while Luhan was heavily intoxicated (or was he?), then why did he so suddenly change his mind?

No. Minseok didn't want to think. He didn't want to think anymore about Luhan.

"Okay everyone!" Junmyeon announced once all were sitting at the table. "Um... so basically-"

"Our plan is to go to Heechul-hyung's house and beg for him back." Baekhyun cut the leader off, finishing the statement.

"Yeah, what he said."

"I still don't think this is going to work." Jongin added.

"Okay, no one asked." Jongdae retorted, earning a glare from the younger.

"We should move out now."

"Now?!"

"But we're still eating."

"Don't you think we should come up with a better plan first?"

Everyone's voices overlapped each other, all filled with doubt and excuses. 

"GUYS!" Junmyeon yelled, silencing everyone. "You know what they say, the best plans are always improvised."

"No one says that." Chanyeol said, crossing his arms over his chest.

Despite all the talking and excuses, eventually the 12 boys set out. But even with an address, they still had trouble finding their way around their small town, so they decided to split into groups.

"Why?!" Baekhyun whined, not finding the leader's idea pleasant. 

"I already told you," Junmyeon sighed. "We've been walking around in circles like idiots for at least a couple of hours now. Splitting up will save us time." 

"Okay, but even if we did manage to find hyung, how will we let the others know?"

Junmyeon pondered on the thought, because he really hadn't thought of it till now. But then he spotted a clock right next to a small store, and an idea popped into his head. "In one hour, we will all meet up at this exact spot." He pointed to the clock. "At 4:30. Got it?"

Baekhyun sighed, still not fond of the idea. "Then who will we go with?"

The leader smiled, a little mischievously. "Baekhyun, you go with Tao."

"What?!" The jumpy boy exclaimed, and quite surprisingly, the younger Chinese boy gave no reaction. "Why?!"

"If we're going to get Heechul-hyung back, we have to prove we actually changed."

Baekhyun just shook his head, red from anger. Then Junmyeon began to put people together. Himself, Chanyeol and Jongdae. Yixing, Sehun, and Kyungsoo (much to Jongin's displeasure). Jongin and Kris. And to a paring that shouldn't really shock Minseok anymore, Minseok and Luhan.

"Hands in the middle." The leader put his hand in the center of all the boys, wanting everyone else to do the same. But to no surprise, Junmyeon was left hanging as everyone went their designated routes.

"Fine." Minseok had heard Junmyeon grumble, Luhan leading the way farther and farther until there was no one else in sight.

"Hey," The older called out from behind after walking for what seemed to be forever, a good 10 feet away from Luhan. "Could you," Minseok huffed. "Maybe like, slow down?"

If there was any reason Minseok thought Luhan was going to listen to him, he was greatly wrong. If anything, the Chinese boy went even faster, clearly irritated.

"Do you even know where we're going?" Minseok mumbled his words, losing his breath as he was now practically running just to stay close to the younger.

"Do you?" 

The older sighed, giving up. Honestly, what was the point in trying to reason with Luhan? He never listens to anyone, and he always just goes off by himself and does his own thing with no consideration for anyone else's feel-

Minseok would of continued with his train of thought, if it wasn't for the fact that he tripped over a stranded branch and plummeted to the floor with a small thud.

He felt the fabric of his jeans tear and his knees scraped the cement, causing even more pain when his cheek and forehead smacked the ground.

The pain hurt a bit to much that he didn't even notice Luhan racing to him, helping Minseok up with a warm set of hands on his shoulders. 

"Yah! You're slowing us down!" Minseok would have blushed considering how close their faces were, but the fact that Luhan was yelling at him took away any desire.

"Oh I'm sorry," Minseok scoffed, now propped into a sitting position. "I totally wanted to fall and scrape my knee." 

Luhan rolled his eyes, taking note that the elder's jeans were now ripped and stained with trickles of blood. He took in the sight for a while, not knowing what else to do.

"So...." Luhan scratched his head awkwardly, making Minseok confused as to how his mood changed so fast. "Should we get you bandages or... something?"

"I-I'm fine," He started to blush at the younger's caring attitude. "We have to find hyung."

That was easier said than done. The moment Minseok attempted to stand up, he lost his balance, but luckily (or not so luckily), Luhan was there to catch him from falling again.

"Obviously you're not fine." The younger threw Minseok's arm over his shoulder, finding a bench near-by and sitting the older down on it.

Minseok hated how quiet the streets were. At this time, adults were mostly working and students were doing homework, or sleeping, and because of the fact that they live in a very small town, not many people were wondering the streets at this time.

"I don't have any money." Luhan said, taking a seat next to the older boy. "Does it hurt?"

Blood had stopped being produced. Minseok shrugged. "Yeah, but it's manageable."

There was an uncomfortable silence between them. For Minseok, it was because of what happened last night. Though, he couldn't figure out why Luhan was so on edge.

"It's almost time to meet up," Minseok sighed, looking down at his knees timidly. "Do you think any of the others have found Heechul-hyung yet?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I just don't."

Minseok didn't ask anymore. He noticed how calm Luhan was, his eyes closed and head tilted up, like he was savoring the moment.

"You know, this is the first time I've really been outside in five years." Minseok snapped his head up to look at the younger, who still had his eyes closed. "It's always just, go to school and come back. And I don't really remember the last time we took a field trip. It feels nice to be out here with you."

Minseok looked back down, his hands on his thighs, the fabric of his jeans, nervous. 

It never really occurred to Minseok how Luhan's life was like. Of course, he knew it was tragic, but everyone knew that. But he never thought on just how much Luhan missed out on. 5 years ago, they were just little kids starting middle school. Minseok was nervous about the first day of school, going from 5th grade to 6th. Meanwhile, Luhan was dealing with things that no one should ever have to deal with. 

5 years ago, Minseok was crying because he didn't want summer vacation to end. Meanwhile, Luhan was crying because he blamed himself for his mother's death, and because he caused his father's.

5 years ago, Minseok would have playdates with his friends at their local park. Meanwhile, Luhan was getting locked up in a group home.

It didn't give Luhan an excuse to act the way he does, but it did make Minseok understand just how much he must actually be hurting inside.

Minseok recalled Yixing's words from the day before. 

I guess being alone is just worse.

Minseok couldn't understand how Luhan felt alone. He's popular, and he has lots of friends. He basically owned the school. But maybe he didn't have Luhan all figured out.

"I think it might rain." The older pointed out, taking note of how heavily grey clouds swarmed the sky. 

Luhan opened his eyes, scanning above and then looking back down. He looked over at Minseok, his eyes lazy.

"W-what?" The older questioned.

"I remember, you know."

Minseok's heart skipped a beat. He knew what the younger was referring to, but yet he still wanted to doubt. "W-hat are you t-talking about?"

"I kissed you."

His stomach knotted. "Oh. I thought y-you forgot." Minseok looked back down at his fists, his stutter taking over.

"I was a bit drunk, but I remember."

Minseok didn't want to focus on how fast his heart was beating, or on how red his face was getting. He tried to focus on something - anything - else, but the only thing he could think of was how close the two were, and how Luhan was staring at him.

The words were stuck in his throat, and he made the bad mistake to look back at the younger, not realizing just how close Luhan was.

"I don't know what it really meant," Luhan was staring at his lips, leaning forward so painfully slow. The older couldn't move. "So I want to do it again."

Minseok should've moved back, but he just couldn't. Luhan's smell wrapped around the older, his warm hands caressing the back of the Minseok's neck. It sent shivers down his spine.

Luhan stopped, and Minseok could smell his minty breath. The younger looked back up into Minseok's eyes, as if asking for permission. Like if he was asking if it's okay.

He could of stopped it. Minseok could of pulled away. He could of just looked away and forget all this ever happened.

But he didn't.

He didn't know what it was. Luhan was just so... intoxicating. And besides that, Minseok still had his own feelings he needed to sort out. He needed to know.

So he closed his eyes, giving Luhan permission.

The kiss started out soft. He felt Luhan pull him even closer, the hairs on his arms rising. Despite how soft the kiss was, he could hear his heart beating. The kiss was very different for yesterday. This was gentle, intimate, unlike the day before when Luhan's lips tasted of alcohol and the kiss was more like a smashing-lips-together type of kiss.

Minseok didn't move. His hands were still one his thighs, stilled. He didn't think he could get any closer to Luhan, but with every passing second he was proven wrong.

Hesitantly, he pressed back softly. Luhan Minseok's bottom lip, asking once again for permission to enter. Not thinking, he let Luhan slip his tongue in, immediately taken aback by how expertly the younger moved. He let Luhan take control of him, his mouth moving in sync with the younger.

He was so caught up in the kiss, that he forgot exactly what he was doing.

Minseok's hands moved from his thighs in a hurry, pressing back on Luhan's chest, creating distance between the two.

They were both out of breath, and Minseok was almost guilty at just how good the feeling of being kissed by Luhan was.

"I think I might like you," Luhan muttered, his eyes still focused on Minseok's lips.

Minseok, who was as red as he could get, looked away. 

"W-we should g-get back to the o-others." Minseok's voice came out as a whisper, clutching onto his own shirt for support.

Luhan was just acting so, well, not like Minseok was. 

It took a second for Luhan to respond, out of his trance-like state. "Can you walk with your-"

"I'm fine." Minseok cut the younger off, who stood up. Luhan's eyes widened the smallest bit at the older's sudden reaction. 

"Okay."

Minseok got up, though with struggle that he refused to let be noticed, and walked with Luhan once again.

This time, they walked side-by-side.

***

I love writing kissing scenes, even though I'm not so good at it. Also, they still haven't found Heechul, so hmmmmm....? ;)<3 Also, Exo's comeback had me shook! I need more friends who are into k-pop, so if anyone wants to message me feel free to!