Chapter 12 - Yifan

Society's Rejects

Kris watched silently as Zitao threw a kids lunch on the floor. Sigh, a waste of food.

After everyone had a good laugh at the poor kids misery, they all left, walking around school like they owned the place, because they did.

Kris was a drug dealer. Zitao is a martial arts master. Luhan is a killer. And the other friends that walked around with them, they are just as intimidating.

Yixing wasn't part of their little group. He is their friend, but the dimpled boy didn't want to associate himself with bad people. And because of this, Yifan didn't see much of the innocent boy at school.

Funny, how Kris could only see Yixing as innocent despite what the dimpled boy did to his father. 

It was no secret that Yifan had a soft spot for the Yixing. Its always been there, and will probably always will be. 

When the two first met, Kris was nothing but a fearsome drug dealer. Nobody dared to even talk to him unless they were his friend. But Yixing was the new kid, and he talked to the older like they were friends, even though at the time they weren't.

Kris thought the younger was stupid, but Yixing didn't know who Yifan was at the time, so the drug dealer let it slide. 

Then, after Yixing had been at the school for more than a week, and even after many people had warned the innocent boy not to talk to Yifan, he still did.

That's what first drew Kris in. How the boy was so naive, or perhaps he just didn't care, about Yifan's reputation. Either way, Yixing's bravery impressed the drug dealer.

After school let out for summer vacation, the two boys didn't have class together anymore, so they naturally stopped talking. 

That is, until Yifan moved into the group home.

The drug dealer never expected Yixing to be there. And what he was in for, well Kris surely didn't expect that.

Kris thought he had Yixing all figured out when they first met, but after he learned what the innocent boy did, he became more interested in the younger.

Yixing looked like he couldn't hurt a fly. But in fact the younger stabbed someone, his own father nonetheless.

That surprised Yifan.

So as time went on, the two reconnected in the home, and soon they became friends.

Yixing is special to Kris. Yixing is so innocent, kind, oblivious to things. Yet, he wasn't so oblivious, maybe he just pretended.

Yixing paid attention, and that always made the drug dealers heart skip a beat.

Kris didn't try to deny his feelings for the younger boy. He knew what it was. The drug dealer knew who he was ever since he was 7 and had a crush on his friend. Kris knew he was gay.

The only reason he hid that fact, was because being gay didn't go with being a drug dealer. It was stupid, but it was the truth.

Yifan didn't want to be a drug dealer, but he got roped into the buisness at a young age, and hadn't been able to get out until he moved in the home.

You see, Kris's uncle is a drug dealer too. His uncle was the one who brought young Yifan into the world of drugs and addictions.

His uncle thought Kris would come in handy, after all the young boy knew 3 languages. Yifan's uncle knew that would be useful in a business, and he was right.

His uncle is a bad man, for more reasons than just one. But it's not something Yifan tells anybody. It's a secret,

So now, many years later, Yifan was known to many only as Kris, a master drug dealer.

"Yah, Yifan," Luhan began. "Get your head out of that book and actually help me fold over here."

Yifan was sat on top of the dryer machine, reading a book Yixing gave him. Kris wasn't the type to read, but anything that came from the dimpled boy was precious to him.

"I'm coming." Kris said, finishing the page he was currently on and bookmarking it, jumping off the machine to help his friend.

"I swear, Yixing plays you like a puppet." Luhan laughed, earning a kick to the shin. "Ow!"

"Says the one who's wrapped around Minseok-ge's finger."

Luhan glared at the taller man. It was obvious to everyone in the home that Luhan felt something towards the oldest. And that something is very strong.

"Shut up."

After getting the clothes all sorted and folded, the two boys went into the kitchen for dinner.

"Guys!" Heechul yelled in excitement at the end of group. All the boys groaned, sitting back down in their seat. "Guess whose birthday is coming up!?"

"I don't know, who?" Jongin replied, uninterested and sarcastically.

"Mine!" Heechul jumped up in excitement.

"Why are you so happy about a birthday? You're getting a year older, and you hate it when we call you old man." Luhan questioned, rolling his eyes.

"Yes, that's true, but this birthday is very special." Their caregiver smiled.

"You're turning 50?" Jongin asked. Almost everyone laughed at that.

"Jongin, you look closer to 50 than I do." Heechul muttered under his breath. "No! I'm going to be turning 34 for your information!"

"You've been saying that for the past 4 yea-"

"Okay! We get it Luhan!" Heechul cut the Chinese boy off. "This birthday is special because we have a lot of new people. Yixing, Luhan, you are the only... how should I put it, originals." 

"That's it?" Luhan wondered out loud, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm just saying, no one has ever thrown me a birthday party. I'll be expecting one." Heechul eyed every boy in the house.

"You also say that every year-"

"Because no one ever does anything!" Heechul cut off Luhan, complaining loudly. 

Yifan peeked at Yixing, who was biting his lip in a way that showed his single dimple. How cute.

"Yah! Are you guys listening?!"

"We're just waiting to be dismissed." Jongin answered.

The caregiver sighed angrily, crossing his arms over his chest. "Fine, you guys are dismissed." Before Heechul could even get everything out, the boys were already flying out of their chairs. "Wow, thanks guys."

Back in their room, Kris watched as Yixing undressed, getting ready for a shower. He tried not to stare, but it was hard to take his eyes off of the innocent boy. 

"Ge," Zitao began, sitting down on his bed. Kris looked over, ripping his eyes off of Yixing. "Which shirt for tomorrow?" 

Tao held up two shirts. The only difference between them was the color, but other than that, they were both plain. One was black, the other yellow.

"Black." Yifan answered, not hesitating. Yellow isn't Zitao's color. Yellow in general isn't a color Yifan likes.

"You?" Tao asked Yixing, who was gathering his clothes.

"Black, it suits you better than yellow."

Kris smiled at the dimpled boys comment.

Just hearing Yixing's voice makes Kris heart beat fast.

****

So, I put some mystery in Yifan's story. I am gonna base his story off of the experiences I have had in my own life (I do that with most of the characters in this story), so it might get heavy. Don't worry, I'll put warnings before my chapters if needed. Also, sorry that it's so short :( Heechul's birthday is coming up, and things are gonna get messy:0 Hoped you enjoyed the chapter! <3

Ps - I love the comments you guys leave <3 They always make me happy :p