Chapter 9 - Kyungsoo

Society's Rejects

Do Kyungsoo was always a sweet and kind kid, even to the people who didn't deserve his gratitude.

Kyungsoo comes from a poor family. His dad left when he was only 3, so his mom had to keep odd jobs to support him and his 2 sisters, twins that were both 1 at the time.

His mother got laid off a couple months ago, and she was stuck. His mom couldn't find a job.

Kyungsoo knew it was wrong, stealing was never good, but he felt like he had no other choice.

Nobody wanted to hire a 14 year old boy, especially one who looked so weak.

His siblings haven't ate in 3 days, and his moms attempt at finding somewhere to work wasn't going anywhere.

Stealing was his last resort, but it got to that point.

Kyungsoo is a very bad theif. Sehun was good at it, but not Kyungsoo. The little penguin was bad at a lot of things that involved being sneaky, or having athletic ability, two things that were useful for stealing.

The penguin went to a store at 4am, and took some chips off the shelf, placing them in his bag.

The store owner was watching him, unbeknownst to Kyungsoo. The moment the boy tried walking out the store, the owner had already called the cops.

Then, the store owner proceeded to tell the police how Kyungsoo was threatening him for his money too.

Stupid old man.

The little penguin didn't stand a chance in the eyes of the police. After all, he was just some poor runt to them. They never let him explain.

That's how Kyungsoo ended up here, at The Junk Yard.

His mother and sisters never miss a visit. Kyungsoo's mom eventually found a stable job as a janitor, and his sisters were now 11 and taking care of themselves, so they were all doing okay.

Kyungsoo had only been in the group home for three months now, but he managed to get himself tangled up with another boy here.

You see, Kim Jongin kissed Kyungsoo.

It wasn't magical, or perfect, but it was special. It wasn't how Kyungsoo imagined his first kiss would be like. There wasn't any fireworks, or candles, or romantic music playing in the background. It was just a kiss. An unexpected, stomach twisting kiss in the boys locker room.

Maybe we should start with the beginning.

Jongin moved into the home 2 months after Kyungsoo.

The younger boy was a recovering drug addict at the time, so withdrawals were unavoidable.

At first, the penguin didn't think anything of Jongin's addiction. He felt bad for the kid, who is even younger than Kyungsoo, but that was it.

Junmyeon took care of it. The leader took care of Jongin the best he could. Junmyeon noticed everything, which made Kyungsoo think, why didn't the leader help Jongin when he was suffering? Why was it up to him? Those were 2 questions the penguin has yet to ask though.

Jongin used the shower after Kyungsoo in the mornings, and this ultimately led to what was now a complicated relationship between the two boys.

One day, after Kyungsoo had token a shower, the boy left the bathroom, only to find Jongin (who was waiting for his turn), looking very sick, right outside the door.

"Hey, are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked, placing a hand on the tallers shoulder.

Jongin brushed his hand off. "Fine." He muttered, his eyes unfocused.

The younger took 4 wobbly steps into the bathroom. Not thinking, Kyungsoo followed, worried.

Just as the penguin was about to say something, Jongin fell.

Kyungsoo caught the kid, stumbling back, and shutting the door involuntary in the process.

"Hey!" He loud-whispered, panicked. Jongin was sweaty. "Jongin?!" Kyungsoo tried shaking him, he tried waking the younger up. "I'm going to get Heec-"

Before he could finish his sentence and get the caregiver, Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo by the wrist.

"D-don't." The younger could barley say. He shook.

Kyungsoo was confused. He didn't even know what withdrawals were at the time. He didn't understand why Jongin didn't want him to get Heechul. The younger needed help.

Okay. In 5 minutes - scratch that, in 2 minutes, if Jongin doesn't stop shaking, then Kyungsoo would get their caregiver.

The penguin did the only other thing he could think of in that moment, he held Jongin so tightly that it felt like the younger could break under his bones.

Kyungsoo thought, that if he just held Jongin close enough, then the shaking would stop. The younger was freezing through his sweat, his lips shivering. 

It was the first time Kyungsoo saw Jongin so, weak. Granted, the younger had only been there for a little over a week, but he seemed so, unbreakable.

The older counted the seconds in his head. 30 more seconds, then Kyungsoo would get Heechul.

26...

Jongin stopped moving, Kyungsoo's mind immediately went to the worse senecio.

21...

Jongin shook a bit more, moving closer into Kyungsoo to feel his warmth.

17...

Kyungsoo could feel Jongin's almost blue lips trembling against him.

13...

Jongin stopped moving again, but this time, the younger clutched onto Kyungsoo's forearm.

10...

Jongin looked up, consciousness reaching his eyes. 

5...

Kyungsoo didn't move, neither did Jongin. The younger just looked up, still in Kyungsoo's arms, his head resting on the penguin's lap.

3...

Jongin leaned into Kyungsoo.

2...

The penguin's heart raced. He could feel the youngers warm, relaxed breathing against his stomach. It made Kyungsoo nervous.

1... 

"Jongin?"

0...

Jongin pulled himself away, finally realizing what was going on. He glanced up at Kyungsoo for a split second, and then quickly jolted himself up. He was still rocky on his feet, but he held onto the sink for reassurance.

"Get out."

Kyungsoo sat in shock. This all just happened to quickly. What was wrong with the younger boy?

"What just happened?" The penguin asked, prompting himself up.

"I said. Get. Out." 

Kyungsoo didn't listen, scoffing instead.

"Seriously? You almost just died and you're not going to explain why? Are you sick? If you are, then you should see a doctor. Honestly, we need to tell Heechul-hyung!"

"No!" Jongin rushed out after Kyungsoo was done with his little rant. The shorter quirked an eyebrow. "We can't tell him."

"Then tell me." Kyungsoo challenged. The younger didn't respond, scowling. "If you won't tell me, then I hope you will tell Hyung."

Kyungsoo moved to open the door. His hand was on the door nob, about to twist it open before Jongin slammed his hand against the door.

Kyungsoo turned back around, finding himself caged between the tallers two arms. He blushed, looking down.

"Withdrawals." Jongin hissed out. Kyungsoo furred his eyebrows together, needing more explanation. Jongin wanted to yell at the older, but he didn't have the energy. "I'm an drug addict. Withdrawals are the bad side affects that happen when you stop taking the drugs you need."

Kyungsoo nodded, hearing as Jongin caught his breath. It was strange, how the younger referred to drugs as something he needed.

"How long are you going to have, withdrawals?" The penguin's curiosity grew, still looking down.

"I don't fu*king know."

"Why don't you want to tell Heechul-hyung? It might get worse."

"If you tell him, they're going to put me in another group home. A group home for people like me. I can barely handle myself, what the fu*k makes you think I can handle any more of me?"

"Oh." Kyungsoo didn't know what else to say. What else was there to say? The younger clearly didn't want pity, so saying I'm sorry wouldn't do any good. "I won't tell." The penguin settled to say, after contemplating for a good minute.

That was the pairs first encounter. 

It was funny, because after that moment, it was suddenly Kyungsoo's responsibility to help Jongin whenever he was going through a very rough side affect.

It wasn't on purpose. The penguin just found himself at all the same places Jongin was when he was sick.

Like when Jongin was throwing up, Kyungsoo was there to rub his back even though the disgusting sight made him want to vomit as well.

Then there was the time when Jongin was excessively hungry, so Kyungsoo gave the younger some of his own food.

And then there was the time when Jongin was suffering through a short period of depression. How the younger couldn't eat, sleep, or focus on anything. Kyungsoo was with him the whole time, despite the younger insisting he didn't need Kyungsoo's help.

Kyungsoo sometimes wondered, that maybe if he wasn't such a caring person, then Jongin wouldn't have kissed him. But Kyungsoo is Kyungsoo, and his caring nature came with him. That would never change.

It was 3 days before Minseok came to live in the group home, when Jongin kissed Kyungsoo.

It was during school.

Kyungsoo is the class president, so the teachers would always send him on errands. In this time, Kyungsoo would always make it a must to pass by Jongin's classroom, just to check if he was okay.

On that particular day, when Jongin spotted Kyungsoo walking through the hall, he asked the teacher to use the bathroom.

"Kyungsoo!" Jongin yelled softly. Kyungsoo turned around, rolling his eyes at the youngers informal tone with him. Jongin never once called the older hyung.

"Jongin-ah," the penguin laughed. The taller approached him. "Get back to class."

"Soosoo," Ah yes, Jongin's nickname for Kyungsoo that he loved so much. "I need your help."

The penguins eyes widened a bit as he looked up at the younger boy. 

"Help? You never need my help, your always trying to get rid of me." The older laughed, Jongin squinted his eyes. They were friends now, but that didn't mean the younger liked when Kyungsoo actually helped him. Jongin didn't want to rely on anyone, cause he didn't need anyone. Now though, Jongin wasn't sure what he needed.

"Just follow me."

The younger led the way, Kyungsoo following closely behind, still not knowing where they were heading to.

Jongin led them down to the basement, the old, stinky basement. 

There wasn't much down there, just the boys locker room. And naturally, because it was the boys locker room, it smelled of sweat and fungus. 

"Jongin, why did you lead me down here? If I wanted to smell the sweet scents of this wonderful locker room, I would of just waited till gym."

The younger laughed at the olders sarcasm, now leading Kyungsoo by the hand when he was sure there was no one else in the room.

Jongin turned down one of the isles, finding his locker and punching in his combination. The younger then pulled out a shirt, handing it to the shorter boy.

Kyungsoo took it, recognizing it. It was the shirt the penguin let Jongin borrow during school when the youngers was stained with puke (From one of his side affects).

"Yah, you could of just given it back to me at home," Kyungsoo sniffed the shirt, his face churning in disgust. "And washed it. It smells like sweaty armpit."

The younger laughed, closing his locker. "Sorry, it's been in my locker for a while. I forgot about it."

"Well, thanks I guess. But was this so important that you couldn't wait to give it to me till later?" The penguin sighed, smiling.

Jongin didn't respond. He was gazing at the shorter, and it made Kyungsoo blush.

Th younger took a few steps forward. Their bodies were now too close together for it to be considered normal

The penguin felt like he should of taken a step back, but his feet were glued to the floor. His heart was racing, and his eyes were staring down at his feet. If Kyungsoo looked up, up into Jongin's chocolate brown eyes, then the older might go weak.

10 seconds. In 10 seconds, Kyungsoo would gather the strength and step back.

10...

Kyungsoo wanted to say something, but the words were caught in his throat. Why did Jongin have this affect on the older? This too wasn't normal.

9...

All rationality went out the window.

8...

The shorter felt Jongin's warm, beautiful bronze hand lift his own head up.

7...

Kyungsoo was now looking at Jongin, he was looking directly at the taller. But Jongin wasn't looking at the penguin, he was looking at Kyungsoo's lips.

6...

Jongin leaned in slowly. Kyungsoo put his hands on Jongin's chest, overwhelmed, clutching his fists in the fabric of the youngers shirt. Kyungsoo dropped the shirt Jongin had just given him on the floor.

5...

Jongin looked back up, almost as if he were asking Kyungsoo if it was okay to kiss him.

4...

Kyungsoo closed his eyes. Why did he do that?

3... 

Jongin smiled to himself, snaking his other arm that wasn't on Kyungsoo's chin, around the shorters waist, pulling him even closer.

2...

Jongin closed his eyes, tilting his head. Their noses touched.

1...

Kyungsoo felt his heart, pounding like it never did before.

0...

Kyungsoo felt the warmth of Jongin's lips, pressing against his own. The older didn't react. He didn't know how to, this was his first kiss.

Jongin pressed a little harder, his soft lips acting a little more desperately. Kyungsoo opened his mouth in response, copying what he had seen in movies.

Jongin slipped his tongue inside the olders mouth, beggingly, like he had waited for this moment his whole entire life.

Kyungsoo let Jongin control. The aroma of the locker room filled up the olders nostrils, but he couldn't think about that. All he could think about was how loud his heart was. How red his cheeks were. How soft and gentle, yet needy and aggressive, Kim Jongin's lips were. How he needed to breath, but he wasn't able to.

Jongin nibbled on Kyungsoo's bottom lip. This lets another spark run all along the olders body.

Rationality came back.

Kyungsoo pushed the younger away, harshly

Jongin opened his eyes. They are both out of breath.

Kyungsoo wanted to say something. He once again can't. All he could do was feel his lips. They felt different now.

This time, the older did not shift his gaze to the floor. He stared into Jongin's beautiful chocolate brown eyes. 

He didn't know what this exactly was. Jongin had a girlfriend, or an almost girlfriend. Kyungsoo never expected that the younger would like him

And Kyungsoo, his feelings for Jongin were a mess. He thought of the younger as a friend, but things changed. Is Kyungsoo gay? No, he has never had a crush on a guy before (not that he has one on Jongin). The older only ever liked girls, his heart only raced like this when he saw the girl he liked. But now, Kyungsoo's heart was beating faster than it ever did before.

"You tell anyone what happened, and that'll be the last thing you do."

Kim Jongin was back. The real Jongin. The Jongin Kyungsoo met on the first day in the group home. The rude, selfish Kim Jongin. He was back. In this moment, Kyungsoo knew their friendship wasn't existent anymore.

"I-I wasn't going to tell anyone." The olders voice was shaky, nervous.

He could see Jongin's expression change, the slightest change.

Not saying anything else, Jongin left. He left the older alone in the locker room, confused and defeated.

Kyungsoo slid down a locker, bringing his knees to his chest and wrapping his arms around them. He wanted to feel small, he wanted to disappear.

***

So that was, something :p I'm really bad at writing kiss scenes, so I apologize for the y kiss :( I will try to get better tho :) At first, I was thinking of putting the kiss scene after Minseok arrived in the group home. But then I thought, not everything started when Minseok showed up. Minseok's appearance prompts the boys to have better friendships (that will happen later), but the other boys were still there, so that's why I put the kids scene 3 days before Minseok came to live in the group home;) anyways, I hope you guys are liking the other members stories! :):) <3<3

Ps - I don't know if you guys remember, but in Chapter 2, when Jongin throws the flower seeds at Minseok's face, that was because he was jealous. Kyungsoo and Minseok were to close, so Jongin just got jealous ;p Nothing is an accident:))