Introduction

Society's Rejects

So this is just an intro, introducing the characters and their stories to how they ended up in this group home. Hope you guys enjoy <3

***

Kim Heechul was a hard-working caregiver. He was kind, patient, and also somewhat of a savage (although the boys would never admit it). Heechul understood these boys, because like them, he was once a misunderstood youth. This small community saw The Junk Yard as a disease. But honestly, who wouldn't, with that name? Heechul tried hard to change it, but it came out to no avail. The caregiver truly cared about these boys, even though his punishments seemed cruel at times, all he wanted was for them to succeed. Too bad the residents, and the community, never saw it this way.

Oh Sehun, the youngest in the home. He just turned 14, but he's been in the group home for a little over 4 months now. He was a thief, stealing was his full-time job. He was caught when he went to the rich side of town. Funny, really, since it was the old lady next door, the one with bad hearing, who called the police on him and his friends. Sehun thought he could count on his friends, but they all ratted him out to save their own asses. And Oh Sehun's parents, they were not only sad when they got the phone call from the police at 3am, but embarrassed to call him their son, so they didn't object when the judge ordered Sehun to this group home. They thought it would do him some good. In reality, they were just glad they can hand the problem on to someone else.

Kim Jongin was also 14, the second youngest. Only two months apart, he was different from Sehun in many ways. One of the most obvious characteristics was Jongin's loud mouth, unlike Sehun, who was more quiet. Jongin is a drug addict, well, he was a drug addict. A work in progress would be more correct to say. Despite being so young, he was always forgotten when compared to his sister, so he began to hang around a bad crowd to get his parent's attention. But needless to say, he became to involved with this crowd, hence the reason he was now suffering from withdrawls in the group home. When Jongin's parents found out about this addiction, they were hysterical, and the first thing they did was send him here. Jongin has only been here for 1 month, yet he still finds his way to smuggle in drugs.

Huang Zitao, 14, nickname Tao. Loud, selfish, and disrespectful. He was a bullied back in his old school in China, so when his parents moved to Korea to get a fresh start, Tao became a school bully, although the boys at the group home would call him more of a scaredy cat when they wanted to pick a fight. He bullied innocent kids, just for the fun of it. He had been doing it since middle school, but he was only sent here 5 months ago. One of the moms of a kid Tao bullied reported him, and the evidence against him became to much for Tao's rich parents to bribe the judge.

Do Kyungsoo, 14 as well, and one of the few who didn't actually belong in this home. He was quiet, more than Sehun, and he was observant. Been here for 3 months, Kyungsoo was only here because he stole for his family. He comes from a poor family, and when his mom got laid off, he had to find a way to feed his two younger siblings. He didn't want to steal, and he knew it was wrong, but he had to protect his family. He felt a certain responsibility being the man in the house. He got caught easily enough, since he wasn't so good at the job, and was sent here. The reason for such a harsh punishment for a first time offense, was because the owner of the shop Kyungsoo attempted to steal from exaggerated and said that the young boy threatened to kill him. Kyungsoo didn't stand a chance.

Park Chanyeol, 14, and a pretty intimidating tall man, although he was actually more of a prankster in the home. It was hard for most to believe he was only 14, and because he looked older than he actually was, he fit in with a much older crowd. Chanyeol was a run-away, his parents often neglecting he exists, and they still do, even now. One night, after having a bit too much to drink, and some encouraging from his friends, he smashed a police car with a tool bar. Honestly, he was just asking to be behind bars, but the judge took some pity on him, and instead sent Chanyeol to this group home. Chanyeol didn't really mind being put in jail, he actually wanted that, but his lawyer told him group homes have slightly better living conditions (depending which one they sent you to). He has been here for 2 months

Kim Jongdae, 15, and probably one of the most light-hearted guys in the group home. Barely here for 1 month, he can be scary when he wants to, but he's mostly the one all the guys make fun of in the home. Jongdae's process of getting here wasn't a complicated one. He was an only child, with doctors as parents. He was always a good kid, he just wanted to do something bad for once. His idea of bad was wearing a mask with a friend and aiming a loaded gun to a lawyer, even though they just wanted to scare the lawyer. When the friends heard sirens, Jongdae dropped the gun and the pair ran. Foolish Jongdae. He didn't know fingerprints could be pulled from guns. When he got caught, he refused to give up the name of his friend, and because of his stubbornness, he ended up here.

Byun Baekhyun, 15. He was a kid who seemed out of place in this home. He was just too talkative, too friendly for most of the people here. This too friendly kid punched a teacher. Unexpected, and it shocked all his classmates. If anyone in the class was going to punch a teacher, he would be last on the list. It was just one of those bad days for Baekhyun, and the teacher was pushing his limits. So he did the only reasonable thing he could think of at the moment, punching. Baekhyun wasn't the fighting type, so he was even confused at this sudden outburst, but he wasn't sorry. He actually felt good about it, showing this corrupt school that the students aren't pieces of dirt they could walk all over. He felt good about it then, but after being in this group home for 7 months, he was just wishing that outburst never happened. He would of been out of here already, but Byun Baekhyun showed no signs of progression, so he was stuck in the home.

Zhang Yixing, 15, and a China native, born in Changsha, Hunan, China. He moved to Korea 3 years ago. He was quiet, a daydreamer, who only spoke when he had something to say. He was also kind, and caring. He, like Kyungsoo, didn't belong here. Yixing wouldn't hurt a fly, unless he had to. He beat his dad to a bloody pulp, but he had to. His father, who Yixing reffered to as , was abusive. Never to him, Yixing's mother never gave the a chance to hurt her son, even though he was always itching to. Because of this, Yixing's mother took all the severe beatings. Coming home from school one winter afternoon, he found his mom unconscious. When he saw his father, laughing at the sight, Yixing took a knife and began stabbing. He didn't kill the , but Yixing wish he had. When the ambulance came, the police arrested Yixing. His father was a doctor, and he knew how to hit without leaving a mark. Yixing should be in jail, but his mom did what she could, and got him in the group home. 1 year down, and he wouldn't be getting out till he was 18.

Kim Junmyeon, 15, and a leader. He was in charge, according to Heechul that is, none of the others agreed or treated him as so, but Junmyeon still flaunted the title. He took care of the boys, even though he tried to do it as secretly as possible. He liked to vandalise things, mark them as his own, which ultimately stuck him here. His parents were divorced, so he took out his pain this way. It made him feel like he had some power in his life, but now he was in the group home for 2 months. His power wasn't really his power anymore.

Wu Yifan, 16, nickname Kris (he was called that when he lived in America, and Yifan always liked it so he kept it). He too is from China. He's intimidating like Chanyeol, smart, and cold. Introverted in nature, but girls were still attracted to him like magnets. He knows 3 languages, Chinese, English, and Korean. He's lived all over, which was the perfect set up from a drug dealer. Jongin had bought his drugs from Kris. Kris was popular as a dealer, which made his demise easier than police expected. He was also too young to be a drug dealer, and no matter how mature he was, he was just a bit slippy somethimes. Like Yixing, he has to stay in the home till he's 18. The judge should of sent him to jail, but he was a bit biased towards Yifan's family, and he made this special exception.

Lu han, 16, and a China native, like Yifan, Yixing, and Zitao. He moved to Korea when he was 10. His mother died giving birth to Luhan, and his father always blamed Luhan for murdering her. This gave him a cold exterior, even though Luhan was a wonderful kid once you got to know him, that's what Heechul told the other boys. Luhan couldn't remember a day where he was actually loved by his father, a day his father didn't hit him. Luhan's father's company moved to Korea, which caused the drastic move. Luhan had to leave all his friends, including a girlfriend he had. They were young though, so it wasn't serious, but it still hurt. Luhan killed his father, in self-defense. Luhan turned himself in the same night. He wanted to spend the rest of his life in jail, and he wouldn't use self-defense as an excuse. It was just like any other night, a normal night in Luhan's dictoniary. His father was drunk, kicking him, like always. Luhan couldn't take it anymore, so when his father was done with him, Luhan grabbed a rope and strangled his father. Luhan felt like he deserved a life in jail,  but Luhan murdered his father when he was 11, and the abusive history was what saved Luhan from ending up there. Luhan has been in the group home the longest, for 5 years now, and he wasn't getting out for another 2.

Kim Minseok, 16, and now the oldest one in the home. He had a soft appearance, and he had the personality to match. Minseok was sweet, gentle, and quiet. He didn't belong here, truly. He was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. His parents were getting divorced, and there was arguing almost every night in Minseok's house. He just wanted quiet, so he went for a late night walk. He heard a large crash, and curiosity got the best of him. He walked up to a house, with a broken window. He got closer, and when he heard police sirens, a man in a mask ran out of the house. Seeing Minseok, he thought quickly and tossed the innocent boy a bat covered in blood. Out of reflex, Minseok caught in. He didn't understand yet that blood was on the bat, it was dark out. Minseok walked in the house that was broken into, and he heard a mans painful groan. Before he could understand what was happening, the police the light and were yelling at him to put the weapon down. Minseok obliged, and he was the one who got blamed. The man who was beaten to a pulp didn't want to press charges, so Minseok got a lucky opportunity, as the judge put it, to be placed in a group home. Minseok wondered why the man didn't tell the police it wasn't Minseok who beat him up, but it was too late now. Minseok had to be in this place for 2 more years.

***

I hope you guys enjoy the introduction to my story! Also, I only thought it was fitting to put Super Junior's Heechul as the caregiver. I know some of the members offences are more drastic then others, but at the end of the day, these boys are just troubled and they need each other. <3<3 Tell me what you think so far, if you want! :)