Lies

Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lies

 

“Literature major?”

She hasn’t seen anyone with the said major ever since six years ago anymore. To have heard that again only reminds her of the past that she wants to buried and never show up again.

“Yeah, books are part of my life since I was little. I love reading and will write one on my own too,” the other replies, only adding more fuel into the fire.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Jihyo has to make sure she doesn’t let her guts down yet. Not in front of the woman.

“Forgive me for the lame question,” she excuses after a while, confident that she hasn’t been caught staring up at Mijoo and awkwardly laughs it off in a hitched breath. The latter however knows better. “Where do you live? I just think it’ll be either far or near here and wondering what kind of transportation you use,” she says further, actually ends up messier than it should be.

Mijoo gives in for now, decides to still stay low until it time for her attack again.

***

Almost everything Mijoo says about her qualification inside the office earlier is a lie. Literature major, in your dream. Books, they all bored her out. Writing, she prefers sleep. Except for being a TA in a dance academy before being said out, Mijoo definitely makes up a good lie.

Her life is actually all about dancing. She attended dance school since she was little, stayed in US for the same reason. That explains why she was a TA in a dance academy.

If you happen to be wondering why Mijoo decides to lie, it all connects to things what she heard and read from twelve years ago through an email she received from her sister.

*Flashback

Mijoo threw her head back and cursed. "HOLY SH*T!"

Upon hearing the rare nasty word came out  from her friend's mouth, Kang Seulgi, a fellow resident sprinted to her side in a rush. "What is it?"

"My sister sent me a mail!" she replied, voice as loud as she could be that Seulgi almost covered her ears with both of her hands.

"So...?" the latter was bewildered. "It's not like this is the first time you guys exchange mails!"

Mijoo didn't look at her friend. "She said she's in love! ing bloody IN LOVE!"

Seulgi threw her a look, finding evident how Mijoo wanted to trick and deceive her  this time. Mijoo, after all, a full-time prankster and Seulgi was always the ultimate victim, so the latter found it hard to believe the former's words. 

"Wait, you don't believe me?" Mijoo's voice only got louder and widened her eyes. "Come and see for yourself!"

From [soojung_lee67]
Dear Joo,
Just wanna tell you that I think I'm in love...

Seulgi couldn't believe her sight and rubbed her eyes a few times. But the text was real and the sender was indeed came from Lee Soojung, Mijoo's sister who stayed in Korea. 

"HOLY SH*..."

"YAH KANG SEULGI, ARE YOU CURSING RIGHT NOW!"

Mijoo managed to quickly covered Seulgi's mouth before she could curse, but it was too late when a certain furious fellow resident showed up, and the two friends widened their eyes in shock.

"Sh*t, it's Baechu unnie!"

*

Started from there, Mijoo got emails from her sister who lived apart from her in Korea while she stayed in the US. Almost everyday they chatted about Soojung's love interest, a junior in her school, namely Jihyo.

From [soojung_lee67]
I've only seen her a few times in our club nowadays, and I think I like her now. She likes me too...

Mijoo wasn't  foolish enough to know Soojung already rolled and curled her body in the bed into a ball out of shy. She only dryly laughed just at the thought of that.

From [soojung_lee67]
Although I know she likes me way before I knew of her existence, I've decided to confess first. And guess what?? Ddu Ddung! She said yes!

Mijoo faintly smiled when she read the message before her fingers began to type as a reply.

From [jooliet923]
Congratulations...

That was all she was able to write and send the message. With a long sigh, Mijoo dejectedly sank her back in the seat. A hand on her shoulder felt so soothing at the moment.

"I know it must be tough for you. Keep your chin up. She's just not for you," Seulgi's voice broke the silence that had been filling the dorm. Mijoo's eyes got teary at her friend's words but quickly wiped them dry and offered the best smile she could afford of that moment.

"Thank you!"

Lee Mijoo and Lee Soojung. They shared the same surname but not the same blood. With Mijoo's name being registered as part of the elder's family when she was 3, they had become sisters for that reason and the romantic feelings grew between them had been put to a stop by their parents.

For that too, Mijoo moved to attend a dance school in US with Seulgi and Bae Joohyun, her fellow dance residents.

But she completely lost it when the person she still cherished by heart already moved on to someone else. Guess she should do the same...

*

From [soojung_lee67]
We surprisingly clicked really well. Jihyo said she often saw me in the library and you know me, I can't live apart from my books, so that's what she thought interesting about me...

Mijoo knew so well her sister must be blushing by now.

From [jooliet923]
What else did you talk about?

From [soojung_lee67]
She said she always thought that someone from literature major is attractive and then she knew me...She had a crush on me for quite years...

From [soojung_lee67]
I don't think I can survive without her anymore. She holds my life now...

Mijoo felt there was a stab in her heart, making her chest clutched in pain. Collecting the last piece of courage left inside her fragile self, she typed in the end.

From [jooliet923]
If you ever break up or anything, I'll find her even in the deep of a hole...

There, she said it and quickly wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter