Don't Smile

Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't Smile

 

Many things had occured and memories never faded. Seunghee had been a loyal witness of love between Jihyo and Soojung, two precious friends in her life.

"Sunbae"

Both Soojung and Seunghee turned and found Jihyo walking in their club quarter with ever so exhausted face and flopped down beside her girlfriend. "I'm tired," she said subsequently and leaned her head on Soojung's shoulder. Seunghee watched the couple in front of her intensely and snickered. Soojung was patting Jihyo's head softly.

"What's so funny?" Jihyo shot her a glare and pouted her lips. Seunghee rolled her eyes at the double side of Jihyo. The latter was only sweet to Soojung but obviously rough on her.

"You're distracting Soojung unnie to work. Can you leave?" she decided to be just as mean but of course both friends knew they were joking. Jihyo stuck her tongue out. "I'm not leaving sunbae alone with you. Who knows what you might do?"

Soojung looked rather amused but Seunghee was perplexed. "What? You expect I would have something on your girlfriend? Ugh I rather not!"

"Of course you won't!" Jihyo had raised her head. "She's my girlfriend obviously!"

The friends continued to bicker and Soojung sighed at the unexpected antics between them. She decided not to be the peacemaker, turned her back and ignored the both of them as she resumed typing in her computer.

***

The three of them were walking home from school, with the couple walked ahead of Seunghee while the latter kept them on watch from the back. Jihyo had her arms linked with Soojung, story-telling enthusiastically with whatever she had gone through for the day and the elder listened and gave nods of head at everything she said.

Sometimes they laughed, dimples showing up from both of Soojung's cheeks and Jihyo would poke them with so much admiration. Then she leaned in to peck her cheek. "You're really cute, sunbae. I find myself falling harder for you each time."

Seunghee swore she started to be cringed and felt like smacking the back of Jihyo's head for being corny but refrained herself. Soojung's face heated up and timidly leaned forward to kiss Jihyo's cheek as well.

It warmed her heart to see that but at the same time she felt leaving them alone and finding a partner for herself.

***

Once school allowed them to leave, they decided to eat tteokbokki first at their favourite snack cafe before going home to study together. Like usual Seunghee would sit across from Jihyo and Soojung while the pair seated beside each other. Nayeon and Jungyeon would usually join them for snack time like this but the pair must have been too tired after their tests so they went home first.

"Nayeon really likes the tteokbokki here though," Jihyo said while stabbing a piece of rice cake before feeding the food in . Seunghee imitated the same action as her glance was set down and nodded her head agreeing with her friend's words.

"Jungyeon told me the test was too hard for her and Nayeon. Maybe you should help them out sometimes," Soojung said as the eldest and gave her wise word.

The younger school girls had a Calculus test in their class. While Seunghee was average, Jungyeon and Nayeon had a hard time to catch up, Jihyo was good in the subject. Soojung knew of that fact so she suggested what she had said.

"Maybe I should. I bet Nayeon is forcing Jungyeon to go karaoke with her to release stress together right now," Jihyo said afterwards as Soojung and Seunghee snickered.

Jihyo had a sauce stain on her lips and seeing that had Soojung wiped it away with a tissue on impulse. The younger grinned sheepishly but tilted her head and surprised Soojung with a quick kiss on the lips. "Thanks sunbae!" The elder grinned widely a few seconds later and ruffled Jihyo's hair with loving gazes.

Seunghee scoffed in annoyance. "Please don't be so flirty in front of me. I might puke!" Jihyo stuck her tongue out at her friend mischiveously.

"You're just jealous. Find someone quickly so we all can have triple date. Or you can just date Hyojung unnie!"

"No way! That unnie is already so whipped with our Jiho. Don't even try. Besides, I already have someone special in mind so I'm gonna ditch you two alone after this and go my way," she said smugly and proud. Jihyo eyed her with twinkling eyes.

"Boy or girl?" she asked. Seunghee stared at her incredulously. "Why does it matter?"

"I'm just curious which side you sway. Boys are no good to be honest so if you have a boy in your mind, you might have a hard time to get my approval!"

Seunghee snorted. "Are you serious right now?" She turned to look at Soojung and the elder just chuckled.

"Well," she snickered before nodding her head. "I agree with my girlfriend."

***

"At that time, all we had was fun and enjoyable time together. I don't know where it's gone for them now, but I still remember all moments clearly," Seunghee speaks as she drinks another glass of soju.

The younger has dragged Mijoo and Hyojung to another bar and begins story-telling about Soojung and Jihyo's past moments together. She shares the tales because she wants Mijoo to know how the former couple's past was like; loving and amazing.

Mijoo nods her head. "I understand they loved each other. At some point I refuse to believe I no longer have Soojung unnie's heart, but it's hard to admit the truth when I saw how awfully in love Soojung had for Jihyo."

Hyojung and Seunghee glance at her in confusion. "What do you mean?" the younger inquires.
  
"Not long ago unnie had told me she wished Jihyo moves on and is happy with her current life. Like how she wished that bastard who made her what she became now well too," Mijoo looks up from her glass at her childhood friends. "Unnie has a soft heart. She forgives Yang Woohyuk and hopes for Jihyo to live well. How do you think I should feel?"

Seunghee, as someone who used to be so close to Soojung begins to tear up. Hyojung mourns silently.

"I feel terrible for having ill intensions even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter