Slowly

Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slowly

 

Opening the door of the bathroom, Mijoo finally steps out from her good an hour and a half shower, her dark hair still wet with droplets of water dripping on the floor of her room. She messes with her hair freely and uses her towel to wipe her face. Mijoo sits down on her bed and her mind trails back the time to two hours ago, before she comes into the house baffled. Her fingers lifted up to her lips and trace the lower part slowly.

Why did I kiss her back?

Two hours ago, Mina had kissed her lips daringly, without a hint she just moved forward. Or had it been Mijoo that was clueless? She was sure Mina didn't have any feelings for her. Was she wrong about it?

Nevertheless, it happened and Mijoo didn't what possessed her​​​ entire being that she ended up kissing her back. Had she all these while been falling for Mina too? She was sure she was only neutral and thought of Mina as a really good friend and company. Maybe because she had been a really great company, she was too comfortable with her, that she returned the favor. It's what Mina wanted, right?

But I sound like a jerk, her mind debates. Alright, let's do this. We both need time to think and I can face her comfortably just like that.

Rather than pretending the kiss didn't happen, Mijoo wants to be honest about her actions and hopes Mina can feel the same way.

It hasn't really been a tough week for Mijoo although she still occassionally thinks of the event between her and Mina the other night. She spends great days off with Soojung, going to the park for a jogging session, eating ice cream together, watching movies at home (though Mijoo receives few blacklashes from Soojung for choosing romance movies of all genres existed). Mijoo doesn't care, as long as she can hear Soojung's lovely laugh and can see the wide smiles and sweet dimples on her face. Mijoo is happy to get to see them all.

Leaving Soojung at home playing with Yujeong, Mijoo rides a taxi to the nearest mall in the town she can get to. She plans to buy some new staffs for her home, and for Soojung. She needs to get a gift for her sister, a routine she does every month as reward for the elder for showing improvements on her mental abilities. Also she doesn't forget to get something for those who have helped her through the time, Yujeong and of course her best friends couple, Jisoo and Jiae.

While she roams inside the huge building, she's in a lost for a few minutes what she should buy and at which store she should go first. The mall has been pretty stuffy with people considering it's on off-day, so Mijoo is getting a little dizzy, especially seeing couples passing by in her sight. It just makes her sick and sad for being lonely. She curses the couples before finally deciding to grab food to fill her stomach first. Food is good as stress reliever, she learns all these while and whoever started saying that first is absolutely a genius.

Walking around in the paradise (by paradise she definitely means food avenue in the mall), she gets confused to eat what and at which store this time. She's been a little hungry for something spicy, but seeing a McDonald store reminds her that she has been craving for burger for a while. With a sly smile on her face, she proudly walks alone to the store, not minding the eyes of ert men that are looking at her. The black and white strip sleeveless shirt and short pants surely attracted them all, though Mijoo absolutely doesn't wear them for the attention.

A male staff attends to her at the counter, and like the others he's checking her out as it is too. She pays him no mind and focuses her eyes to scan the menu instead. She's not in the mood to flirt. When her head without a call tilts to the side (her hunch suddenly ticks on accidentally before she decides on her menu), Mijoo sees something that she wishes she didn't see.

Jihyo with her little family that is her husband and son are having brunch in the very same McDonald store. They're sitting at the corner behind the wall. That's why they have been unseen when Mijoo stands outside the store before coming in. Judging on Jihyo's looks, wide smile, gleeful laugh, playing with her (adorable) son and occasionally feeds her husband the fries along with the most loving gaze she can give and Yoongi returns the same flirty look at his wife, they must have been in good terms back and well from the vacation they had gone.

Swallowing in , Mijoo mumbles. "They look so happy. Aish, why do I feel so bitter?"

Feeling she has been keeping the cue for too long but has yet to make her order and sudden loss of appetite, Mijoo cancels her plan and apologizes to the staff at the counter before going out. She's losing the interest to eat anything but to buy the stuffs she has in mind and go home afterwards.

***

Yujeong has left in the earlier evening. She stayed for early dinner though, both she and Mijoo cooked together for the dishes and then had eaten fruits as well in the dining table. Mijoo has given her the gift she bought, a flower-patterned brooch, suppossedly can give Yujeong confidence whenever she wears it on her nurse uniform. The elder is surely grateful for Mijoo's thoughtful gift.

After the night has fallen, the Sun closes its curtain and the sky grows dark only left with the moon and the stars, Soojung is seated at the dining table with her new colouring book and new set of blocks Mijoo has brought home from the mall she went to. Mijoo stands in the kitchen, opening the door of the freeze and takes out the ice cream container before scooping twice of the ice cream into a small bowl. "Unnie, would you like ice cream or milk?" She hollers, though if she didn't surely Soojung can still hear her considering how loud she can be.

"I want coffee," the elder demands that Mijoo rolls her eyes. She can't refuse the request (not like she intends to decline anyway) thus only taking the 3 in 1 coffee resolution to have it done more quickly. With Soojung's favourite mug and Mijoo's ice cream bowl filled both of her hands, she walks lazily to where her sister is seating and joins beside her.

Soojung is engrossed in building the blocks after Mijoo has set her coffee on the table before her. "Drink it unnie before it gets cold." The elder doesn't seem to hear and continue to give her focus on the toys. Mijoo ignores the silence she receives and scoops the ice cream on her spoon before the cold taste meets her tongue. She takes another scoops and this time offers a spoon to Soojung. The elder (she swears whose looks as innocent and cute as a little child Mijoo almost squeals) opens letting Mijoo feeding her. 

"What are you doing?" Mijoo asks not setting her eyes on the elder and her actions but the ice cream. Soojung however answers the obvious act curtly. "Building blocks." Mijoo snorts in disbelief before laughing at how irony it is. "That wasn't what I mean. What are you making exactly?"

Hands stop moving and Soojung finally tilts to look at Mijoo with a rather genuine smile plasters on her face. "House. Home, whatever we can call them. I'd rather like to call it heaven." The sound of their breathing can be heard as they are giving the seconds as silent moment. Mijoo continues to scoop the ice cream and feeds her sister. "Do you mean our home?"

A nod of head from the elder answers her question. "Mom, dad, you and I. As perfect as it can be, then it's a heaven for me." Mijoo accepts the idealistic of the answer with a soft laugh, though it sounds a little better as she knows it's just their great fantasy than the terrible reality. 

But then, she's suddenly reminded of something. That afternoon when she encounters Jihyo and her family (they can't see her though) and suddenly wonders if Soojung has any thought about living together with Jihyo left inside her mind. "Do you...if you don't mind me asking, perhaps ever think of include Jihyo in your "home"?" 

She can feel her sister tenses when Jihyo's name mentioned. Mijoo never really talks about Jihyo, this if Soojung has ever realized, never even wanted to be the one who mentions about her ex-girlfriend. Surely it catches Soojung off guard. 

"Of course I had," she replies a minute later as low as her voice can be. "But I don't think I deserve that." Head lowers in shame, fingers fidgeted, Soojung keeps mum. Seeing how dejected her sister has turned into, guilt creeps inside Mijoo and moves her hand to hold hers. "Trust me, you deserve more than that. It's her that doesn't deserve you."

As bad as one can comprehend Mijoo's words, Soojung still feel a surge of relief hit upon her. She feels more encouraged and stronger, although a little of her part still yearns for her ex-girlfriend, wishes she can turn back the time and returns to the old days they had together, she must forget about all the will. She offers a small smile to her younger sister and squeezes her hand tighter. "Thank you."

Her eyes then aim at Mijoo's remaining ice cream. She then slyly suggests her idea at the younger. "Mix my coffee in your ice cream. See how it’ll taste like," mischievous smile curves on her lips. Mijoo shakes her head in disgust. Soojung laughs expecting the reaction. But she'd like to prank her more. "Ah give it a go!"

"No!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter