Fallen

Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Fallen   Like fire, when the light is on
The whole world gets warmer, I can’t stand it
Like fabular, like a novel
I think I fell in love
*Bolbbalgan4 - When You Fall In Love   Her feet fidget anxiously below the table, hands behind her back and glances over ahead of her worriedly. Waiting for Son Naeun's reaction can kill her any seconds, even before she receives a single blacklash. Her heart just jumps at the sight of the director's sighing and opening to speak.

"You're so careless," her low volume only makes her soul bleeds more.

Ouch, her words sting!

Mijoo's given the task to finish a paperwork for a meeting but due to the lack of experiences in the job, the paperwork that she prepared is considered a big mess to Son Naeun.

"I apologize, madam. I'm a slow learner," she says on her defense.

"You should learn to be quick!" the director snaps back. She sighs, rubbing her forehead before shoving (not very roughly) the paperwork back to Mijoo. "Redo this and show me by tomorrow!"

Gulping at the addition of her workload, Mijoo internally curses on the director's name. "I get it. I'm sorry again, madam!" she bows before leaving the office.

She gets back to her seat with a sigh. Of course Son Naeun must be fed up having a slow-witted employee like her, but knowing the lady just put more pressure on her already lots of jobs just added to her stress.

"You keep getting scolded by her nowadays," Jiyeon glances at her and actually feels bad for Mijoo. 

Seeing the younger girl's worried about her, Mijoo begins to feel a little better and chuckles.

"We never enjoyed getting scolded by the boss, you're the first," the small colleague jokes.

"I just don't like being under stress," she replies.

Focusing on the paperwork makes time flies fast that she doesn't realize it's already lunch time until Mina pokes her head at her desk. The half Japanese girl pouts her lips. "Mijoo, aren't you going lunch?"

With the piles of works on her hands, she just doesn't feel like eating but wants to finish them all as quick as possible. "Not today, sorry," Mijoo puts on an apologetic smile.

Jiyeon already gets up from her seat and takes steps to Mina. "She got scolded by our boss and has to finish the work by today," the girl informs Mina. The latter throws the subjected girl a sad gaze. "Too bad. Fine then, I'll just have lunch with Jiyeon!"

The pair leaves soon after, only left Mijoo in the department's office alone. The director has already gone out eating with a client and their team leader; Park Jihyo...

...unexpectedly shows up in front of her.

"You're not going out?" the team leader asks, evidently surprised.

Mijoo has to hide her smirk when her sister's ex-girlfriend actually greets her first. "Yeah, I have to finish this paperwork," she chuckles and glances at the file on her desk.

"Oh," Jihyo frowns. "It's only the paperwork and she already has you worked without resting."

"I don't mind though," Mijoo pretends to be cool about it when she actually almost has her head exploded. "I want to get this done by quickly too."

Jihyo beams, showing her line of pretty lips. Mijoo cannot stare at the beautiful feature without her heart beating so fast. Damn it!

"I like your spirit," the team leader comments. "She has to reward you as the best employee of the month." Jihyo's words only makes Mijoo's heart flips more. Well, every time the former is talking to her in this close distant, she always has such effect.

"I should burn down this office if she doesn't," Mijoo makes a joke and Jihyo breaks into laughter.

"She better be. I don't want to die yet," the latter replies wittily. 

"Jihyo!" There's an intrusion between the pair. A paled-skin with chubby face girl shows up at the office and runs to Mijoo's very team leader. "Come on, I've been waiting for you!" the same girl links her arms with Jihyo, causing Mijoo to almost jolt up from her seat to separate them apart.

She was damn jealous!

"Right, let's go Yerin!" Jihyo smiles beautifully at the paled-skin girl.

Just who is this Yerin? Why does she have so much skinship with Jihyo closely like this?

"Enjoy your lunch madam," Mijoo bows out of respect before glaring to the girl named Yerin, which the latter isn't aware of at all.

Should I do it with her too someday?

***

The next day isn't as smooth as Mijoo expected. The result for her paperwork that Son Naeun evaluated got a simple okay from the director, but she has another job prepared for the assistant.

"We're having a grand meeting with our potential investors from China next week. I want you and Jiyeon to prepare everything for the meeting including slideshow for the presentation," both assistants of the department Mijoo and Jiyeon are summoned in the director's office to be informed about the matter.

As they come out from the office after the discussion, Mijoo doesn't have much reaction. The younger girl however looks dejected and whispers at Mijoo's ear. "Grand meeting means a hell week for us. We're not gonna have it easy nor go home early."

Jiyeon's words starts to scare Mijoo. Staying out late because of work makes her think of Soojung and Mijoo gets worried instantly.

It's not going to be a day or two but the whole week, which is not good. "Is it that bad?" she whispers back, tone full of worries.

Jiyeon leans onto her ear. "Depends on how kind Madam Son could be!"

Mijoo sighs, too terrified to think of the possibility. Her chances could be so low and tiny that she just should prepare her mental for the worse.

True enough, they begin rounding up on the tasks the next day after Son Naeun's announcement. If they're not starting it as early, the whole presentation and grand meeting could be messed up and bring a bad name to the company and Finance Department.

It's going to be so tough for you :( Hang in there :-/

Mina sends her the message of encouragement once Mijoo tells her what's going around for her in the office.

Don't worry about me. I think I can manage :)

Mijoo types more texts furiously.

I'm sorry there's not going to be so much time I can spend to eat lunch with you ):

Don't feel too bad about it. You can repay me for the whole week you'll miss later :P

Mijoo laughs at Mina's cute message. The girl is so sly. 

I'll keep that in mind ;-)

Mijoo's not very impressed with her text. She keeps leading Mina on and on knowing the girl has feelings for her, but she could end up hurt her feelings too. She has no intention to do that.

It's getting late, so you should sleep. You have a long day tomorrow ^_^

It'll be nice if Jihyo can send her this kind of message too... Mijoo quickly shrugs off the thought.

You should sleep too. Goodnight and dream of me if you can :P

Mina on the other side has her heart thumped really fast at Mijoo's flirty text.

I see you in my sleep almost everyday, it's nothing new anymore :D 

Damn, Mina's flirting skill has improved so much. Mijoo wonders if what she does is right in leading Mina's feelings like this. In the end, she decides not to reply to the text and sleeps in her bed, tries not to think too much or feels guilty about it.

***

Never crossing her mind is; she's going to enjoy the busy week. Unexpectedly there's something else that intrigues Mijoo about the job.

Apparently, she wasn't entirely right when she thought the week will be a torture for her, because, a certain lady with a pair of huge eyes, sparkling smile and nice scent of a perfume will be joining her and Jiyeon in the preparation of the slideshow for the presentation thing. Mijoo feels excited.

In a separate room from the other personnels, the three of them seated in a long table and each of them with a laptop and piles of paperworks on the table. Jiyeon sits next to her while Jihyo is in front of her. She gains the benefit to look at Jihyo more easily like this.

"Is Madam Son joining us or not?" Jiyeon asks beside her quietly, not necessarily meaning to be annoyed with the director has yet to show up, but rather a genuine question.

"She will. Once her meeting finishes, she needs to be here with more data that I can include in the slideshow for a "perfect" presentation," Mijoo answers it a bit loud, mimicking Son Naeun's "perfect" that gains laughter from both Jiyeon and Jihyo. It's too late to cover in shame.

"She's cute though," Mijoo suddenly com
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter