So Wrong, Feels Right

Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So Wrong, Feels Right

 

Mijoo wakes up in her own bed. Her headache has subsided fortunately and she feels a lot better than this morning. Sitting up, she finally can see Soojung on the edge of her bed. "Unnie..."

"Thank goodness you've woken up!" Soojung says.

"What time is it now?" she asks her sister.

"It's already night. Jiae is making food in the kitchen," the older girl informs her. "You scared me back there. You passed out at our front door just as you entered then I heard Yujeong's scream!" It was obvious Soojung was worried. She has wrinkles on her forehead.

Mijoo reaches out and holds her sister's hand to make her feel better. "I really didn't feel well this morning, that's why I came home early." She adds, "and I'm really sorry about yesterday. I don't mean to make you upset!"

Soojung squeezes her hands. "Silly," she chuckles. "You're forgiven!"

She can feel guilt begins to eat her slowly as she stares at her sister's face. Mijoo said she's sorry yet her actions behind Soojung's back betrayed her words. 

How could she when just the day before she wanted her sister to have her happiness with Jihyo yet today she took back her words and kissed her sister's former girlfriend behind her? Even after learning Soojung's true feelings about Jihyo from Yujeong this morning? It feels like Soojung has been decieved while Mijoo has no shame.

Mijoo just doesn't learn her lesson. It doesn't work for her no matter how much the people around her had reprimanded her. Even Seulgi's advice has long been forgotten; it was never taken to heart to begin with.

Jiae pokes her head from the door out of sudden, calling the sisters to have dinner. "Food is ready!" 

Soojung takes her hand without relunctance so they can step out from the room together. She has this content smile on her face. Mijoo keeps her sigh to herself and feels so terrible as she follows Soojung out with heavy steps.

***

Dinner at Seunghee's place with her friends is nothing but joyful. Jihyo has fun and could forget about the morning's incident even just momentarily. When the fun time is over and they're all preparing to go home, that's when she's back to think about Mijoo and the kiss again.

Why the hell she didn't push Mijoo away when the girl was kissing her? She should've just pushed her, slapped her face and chased her out from the car, but nope, Jihyo did the opposites. What embarrassed her more that it was Mijoo who got on her own sense back before pulling away and left the car by herself. Jihyo was left dumbfounded.

As Jihyo watches Nayeon and Jungyeon exit from the front door from their backs and once the couple is finally out of her sight, she slowly turns around to Seunghee before she'd leave. It has become a habit to talk to Seunghee as her best friend whenever she feels troubled.

"Do you remember when I vowed to never believe or love Soojung again after she left me back then even if we were fated to meet?" she looks at Seunghee's eyes. "Do you think I should take back about what I said?"

Seunghee has gotten nervous upon hearing Jihyo's question. "Why? Have you seen her anywhere? Is there anything that you're hiding from us, Jihyo?" she asks rapidly.

"I...just...uh...it's nothing," Jihyo gives up on telling Seunghee anything and spins around to leave. She has a bad instinct about the incident between her and Mijoo therefore she doesn't have enough guts to share what she's going through with her best friend.

Seunghee however knows better and narrows her eyes. "Jihyo, don't ever try to turn your back on me. I know you too well!" she intimidates her friend before grasping her shoulder and forces her to turn around.

Jihyo heaves out a sigh. "No, I didn't see her. I don't even wish to see her anymore now that I have a better life without her." She looks up to meet Seunghee's eyes. Her face is full of confusion. "But I don't know, sometimes as I think about her, I keep thinking about the things that made me loved her so much more that I forgot how hurt I had become because of her," she says.

"You're just probably confused now," Seunghee pats her shoulder. "Maybe you need to see and look for her so you can settle the things that had been left unsettled before."

Jihyo's already huge eyes have widened. "You think I should look for her for confrontation? Do you have any idea from where I should start?" she sounds genuinely troubled. Seunghee feels sympathy for her best friend.

"I'm just saying. If you happen to see Soojung sunbae again, I thought you should confront her instead of running away," she's playing safe instead of telling her information about Soojung. If anyone were to break the news to Jihyo, she thinks it would be only fair if Mijoo would do it. 

Jihyo hugs her best friend. "Thank you Seunghee. I really can count on you anytime," she says before parting. On the other hand, she actually makes Seunghee feels so bad for not being entirely honest with her.

***

When she gets home, it's pretty late than what she had promised her husband in the morning. What awaits her is not Yoongi like she expected but it's his mom. Stepping in the house, Jihyo finds her mother in-law sitting on the sofa with crossed-arms, much to her horror.

"Finally home?" the elder woman sounds sarcastic. "Well I just came here to check on my son and add kimchi stocks in your refrigerator. I'm surprised you're not home but out having fun with your friends while you left your husband to take care of your son!" Jihyo really dislikes the tone her mother in-law uses to speak to her.

"Now that you're back, I should take my leave. I tuck Yoonho to sleep in his bed earlier, don't worry about him searching for you!" the woman finally disappears behind the door after talking too much.

Jihyo, despite having a loving and overly sweet husband l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter