Favourable

Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Favourable

 

Morning breeze blows on her face as she opens the curtain of the hotel room she's currently residing in. Following Mijoo's advice, Jihyo has successfully persuaded her dear husband so the both of them will be on leave from work for a while to go on a vacation together. They have gone to Hawaii and Jihyo wants them to feel the paradise of the beach. Even from their hotel room has nice view of the beach.

Yoongi lets his wife feeling the wind from the balcony alone while he strikes right for the bed. Whenever he gets on plane or takes off from a long journey, all he wants after that is a good rest and nice nap. Jihyo isn't amused anymore.

"Come on lazy ahjussi, we need the sunlight and the chilling wind to have a fresh of air!" she says and literally drags him out of bed by pulling his hand along. Yoongi isn't in the mood to go anywhere but he also doesn't want to spoil his wife's enthusiasm thanks to his lack of energy, so he follows lazily with half-opened eyes.

They choose to have a brunch at one of the stalls near the seaside and both ordered burger and beer for each. The husband raises his eyebrows at the wife. "Drinking in the day?"

Jihyo only returns a smirk at him plus a bonus of her sly remark. "A glass of beer won't make us drunk!"

***

He knows she has good means when suddenly Jihyo came up to him and suggested they took a couple of days off for vacation. Yoongi was a bit reluctant at first, a part of him told to sulk for a little bit more and another was because he was scared of leaving their son, Yoonho alone.

But it's all good after Jihyo assures him that Yoonho is under a good care, his own mother and sometimes Nayeon, who obviously loves kids very much.

"Go ahead. Use this opportunity to fix everything with her," his friend Jimin said to him before. The friend who works in the same department as him knows well Yoongi and his wife were in silent war. Thus he assumes, from this vacation planning Jihyo is trying to fix the mistake that had affected their relationship.

***

Mina is delighted when Mijoo invites her over for a dinner with her friends.

It's Seulgi's idea to urge Mijoo and tells her new friend to come join them tonight. They're heading over to a barbeque restaurant which Seungwan also known as Wendy has reserved for the group. She along with Joohyun initially planned to invite them all to their shared apartment and have dinner there but the plan was cancelled due to personal circumstances, according to Seulgi.

They're the last pair to arrive at the place and Mijoo is surprised with Jisoo's presence in the group. "Jisoo?"

"I invite her along. I wish Jisoo could bring her girlfriend too!" Wendy explains without Jisoo has a say on anything and Mijoo knows well why Jiae can't join them. The latter has Soojung to watch over for.
 

The group's gathering is all bliss and wonderful. Mijoo is really different when she's around her old friends and Mina feels really lucky she has the chance to see that side of her. Apparently the former has always been the clown of the group and makes them all laugh wholeheartedly that night.

"You're so funny!" Mina can't content her laughter after Mijoo has made a very funny face while ordering the waiter extra food for her to take away back home.

After some time and they have calmed down, even the waiter that has been in bewilderment thanks to Mijoo's wildness has left, Wendy has the urge to ask Mijoo immediately. "Are you and Soojung unnie still living together?"

That's the first time Mina hears of that name. At the mention of Soojung has Mijoo flustered and tensed, Mina's aware of that.

"Who's Soojung?" Mina doesn't want to waste more time to ask away her curiousity, but that makes Mijoo even more tensed.

"She's..."

"My housemate that I've told you about! We knew each other for a long time and still live together," Mijoo stops Wendy's sentence before the latter can finish it. Thankfully she hasn't spilled anything or else...

Mijoo just doesn't want anyone else knows about their relations with Soojung and Jihyo.

Wendy looks like she's about to protest but Joohyun whispers in her ears a second later. "I'll tell you everything later. For now just shut your mouth for whatever knowledge you have about Mijoo and Soojung unnie!"

The atmosphere has turned solemn all of sudden after Wendy's slip up and Mijoo's defensive antics. She understands the white friend has been kept in the dark about her current plan thus she doesn't have the desire to even get mad at her.

Joohyun as the eldest among them speaks up to save the situation. "Soojung is our another friend but she's not feeling too well these days so she cannot join us. Don't think too much about it Mina-ssi!"

That somehow assures Mina's feelings a little. Thank goodness Joohyun has enlightened the question that has been bothering her mind, or else she won't stop feeling insecure.

However she also wonders. What if Soojung is the girl Seulgi mentioned about - Mijoo's love interest that she has yet to get over? Mina doesn't want to risk that.

***

The candle light dinner by the beach is Jihyo's idea in the most possible peaceful way and alone from other visitors in the place. Instead of hiring local musicians to play slow romantic songs for the couple, Jihyo appreciates more that they leave them just as they are. Only waiters alike come to serve seafood and more meals as well as red wine on the table in front of their sight, but that's just that and they're back to be alone.

It is such a quiet night and Jihyo has never hated silence as much as this one. The awkwardness is apparent and it's killing her inside. Yoongi however seems nonchalant or Jihyo will love to convince herself that he's just oblivious, which is the least likely.

"Oppa, try this!" Trying to speak the obvious problem won't do, Jihyo decides. So in order to make Yoongi speaks anything to her, she should at least feed him a spoonful of her share to see his reaction. There's a little reluctance on his end, but Yoongi nevertheless opens his mouth and let the food enters. Jihyo smiles victoriously and Yoongi is silently happy to see that. He adores what Jihyo is attempting to do between them.

They continue to eat in silence again and Jihyo is dying inside, again. She wishes to hear his corny jokes, to se his flirtatious smirk, his annoying cringeworthy pick-up line (she silent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter