Friendship

Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friendship

 

"Are you crazy?"
"What?!"
"What did you do back there? You're scaring her!"
"She deserved it!"
"You have mental problem!"
"Say that again after you have taken care of someone who have serious mental disorder after her girlfriend left her alone and hopeless!"

Hyojung has dragged her out once Nayeon and Jeongyeon take care of the awkward turn of event without anyone could have seen them. She's furious at Mijoo's daring action and surely Jihyo must have been in shock.

But Mijoo makes a counter attack and leaves Hyojung speechless. Seunghee follows the both of them silently and interrupts their heated argument.

"Was it really necessary? You're seriously taking this worse!" The younger angers, but Mijoo is much angrier and snaps at the both of them.

"You only care about her well-being but how about my sister? Soojung unnie had gone through worse than Jihyo did and look at how different their lives now! You think I shouldn't take this seriously?"

She knows it's useless to talk to them into this although a part of her tells that what she did to Jihyo wasn't truly right to begin with. Mijoo however ignores the small thought away and leaves the place, not forgetting to inform the hosts and her company, Mina.

In her brain, she's arranging the appropriate way to convince what happened that night was purely accidental.

***

Yoongi has picked her up and drove home right after. He has a hunch on what cause his wife to cry again but hasn't said anything because he knows, deep in his heart he's actually in denial.

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this again," Jihyo speaks after the both of them have entered their house and her tears have subsided. Yoongi has his back faces his wife, closes his eyes in hope Jihyo would not say anything more.

Unfortunately, Jihyo can't hear his prayer. "Her image appears in my head-"

"Enough," Yoongi cut her wording before she could finish.

"Oppa-"

"I said enough!" he finally snaps and spins his body. "It's been two years Jihyo! Two freaking years since we're married! Why can't you stop thinking of her?!"

Jihyo has no words to say, nothing she can do to calm her husband down. Yoongi has always been patient and now he surely has gotten fed up with her never endless drama with her past.

"I'm your husband for goodness sake Jihyo! Please stop that cheater ex-girlfriend of yours from overshadowing me in your present life!" With that final said from him, Yoongi leaves his wife alone and strides into their shared bedroom.

Regretfully wiping her face, Jihyo knows she's screwed. Yoongi is angry at her and she isn't sure if her husband will forgive her that easily.

Tears stream down her face once more but because of Yoongi this time.

***

It's a bad morning to start when she feels her eyes sore badly all thanks to her crying all night. She determines to wake up early so she can cook breakfast as a step to persuade her husband. Thankfully Yoongi hasn't moved from his bed yet and gets more sleep.

Their boy Yoonho doesn't have trouble sleeping either. It's like giving Jihyo all the chance to start on her plan, and she doesn't forget to peck her son's fluffy cheek.

The menu for the breakfast she cooks is surely one of Yoongi's list of favourite food. Two bowls of rice with fried eggs on top, one medium serving of seaweed soup and a medium plate of beanpaste side dish are placed on the dining table. Jihyo beams in satisfaction as her eyes scan the food she serves before going to wake her heroes up.

They show up for breakfast. Jihyo's grateful that Yoongi doesn't complain about the taste one bit, but his silence makes her disappointed. Is her mistake that big that he hasn't cooled down and can't forgive her still?

After he has finished the food, Jihyo gains her courage to speak. "Oppa..."

"Don't think this can make me forget about last night! This won't settle our problem, Jihyo!" he interrupts before she can say further. With cold gaze, he stands on his feet, snatches his blazer and car key from its hanger and starts the engine first. Jihyo sighs defeatedly before cleaning the table, carries little Yoonho in her arms and hops into the car.

The married couple has their worst fight and their car ride has never been this awfully silent.

***

She has enough of a terrible headache with just reminiscing an image from her past, and Yoongi's cold shoulder adds to her pain more. Now seated in her chair and rests her one arm on the desk, another is massaging her head. Right now not even painkiller can solve her problem.

A soft knock against her door makes her looks up. Jihyo hollers yes and come in, allowing the outsider to enter her office. Appears through her door is Mijoo, the cause of her misery last night.

Mijoo however shows her inncocent smile as one file is handed over to Jihyo. "Ma'am, you're required to attend today's meeting with clients at 11.00. Director Son has an outdoor meeting with the CEO as well as our lawyer, so she asks you to replace her  and chair the meeting!"

The team leader nods her head, takes the minute sheet from Mijoo's hand and gives her awkward smile. After last night's event, she isn't sure how to act around Mijoo. The latter, like reading her mind, knows and understands her agony.

"Ma'am about last night, I'm sorry if I crossed the line between us! I got carried away but I should have known my place better," she mentions about it first, deducting the amount of burden on Jihyo's shoulder.

"It's fine," Jihyo finally has the guts to voice out. "I just don't like dancing, that's all!"

Mijoo wants to scream lie, but she has to get a control of her own emotion. Jihyo shouldn't have any suspicion on her now.

"I apologize one more time, Mrs. Min. I'll return to my desk now and thank you."

It isn't in her list to break Jihyo and Yoongi apart but if her plan of getting back at Jihyo requires the action, she should do it heartlessly.

***

"Are you free tomorrow?"
"Why do you ask?"
"I'm trying to ask you out!"
"What?"
"I want to take you with me somewhere!"

Mina has been restless since in the morning thanks to her new friend Mijoo asked her out yesterday. It's Saturday morning and Mina doesn't have that much work to do, so she's planning to skip the day and agrees to spend them with Mijoo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter