Everybody Loves Her

Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everybody Loves Her

 

Mijoo lowers her gaze and stops at Jihyo's lips. They're red, look juicy and plump, just perfect for a kiss. Her heart beats faster, taking a long breath to calm down a little. Subconsciously Mijoo moves her head forward, following her heart desires to inch closer to Jihyo's face. The latter's lips parted, like waiting for Mijoo's lips to kiss hers. 

She knows Jihyo is staring at her, probably judging her, but Mijoo can care less. She only wants to taste Jihyo's lips.

Jihyo's hot breath assaults her skin. Imagine how close their faces are to each other, few more seconds and their lips will touch.

Suddenly Mijoo's conscience takes over her. A voice rings in her head, much to her annoyance. 'She's married. Kiss her and you're straight up a criminal.'

Mijoo stands up abruptly, ignoring Jihyo's confused expression.

"Come I'll help you stand," Mijoo offers out a hand, trying to look calm. She's cursing herself internally though.

Jihyo bites her lower lips as she feels blood rushes to her face. She just thought Mijoo was about to kiss her yet she said nothing to reject her away.

Feeling embarrassed, she shrugs Mijoo's mannered hand away and stands on her heels on her own with a gulp. "I can do it myself. Thanks for the massage, it really helps reduced the pain," she tries to normalize her heartbeat so she won't sound foolish in front of Mijoo. Without sparing another glance, the team leader coolly walks away and leaves Mijoo dumbfounded, stood frozen in her spot.

***

The home is quiet once she gets in. Her son is nowhere to be seen and her husband is probably in the shower upstairs. When she's inside her bedroom, she hears water running from the bathroom, confirming her assumption just now.

Jihyo sits down in front of the mirror with a sigh. She looks at her reflection and her face is pale, like she'd seen the most terrifying creature. Only the thing is, the problem does not lie from a terrifying creature but an intense moment between two ladies.

'She was staring at your lips,' her heart is speaking. 'She wanted to kiss you'.

Jihyo shakes her head, trying to get rid of the voice.

But why? Since when did Mijoo have attractions on her?

"Honey," Yoongi's voice greets her ears. "I'm glad you come home early, today!" he beams. He's half with only his towel covering his lower body part, his dark hair is still wet after the shower and drip of water falls from his hair. He looks y, but Jihyo's head is a mess so she can't look at him the same.

"Why?" she asks with her back on him. Yoongi hugs her from the back gently. "Because I want to eat dinner with you. It's been a while since it's just us two alone."

"Where's Yoonho?" she asks.

"I put him at my mother's place. I want to be alone with you."

She frowns, obviously not feeling the joy. "Your mom wouldn't like it. She must have said things about me for coming home late and neglecting you and Yoonho again," Jihyo expresses her concerns. She knows her mother in-law so well. The old woman never likes the fact that her son's wife is a higher ranking officer and often comes home later because of her work compared to Yoongi, which leaves the husband to take care of their eldest born, Yoonho. The woman once said it's not appropriate for a woman to have a higher ranking or pay than her husband. She's just old-fashioned and narrow-minded.

"Nope," Yoongi shakes his head. "She did not say anything. She's elated to have her grandson with her," he tries to convince his wife and showers her face with kisses. Jihyo's not pulling away but not entirely enjoying it either. Irritation still remains in her heart.

"Of course she wouldn't say anything," she replies sarcastically. "Even if she does, you would still say she didn't," Jihyo rolls her eyes and stands up to go into the bathroom. 

Yoongi only laughs at his wife's tantrum. He's already used to that and Jihyo tended to be like that when she was carrying Yoonho in her tummy too. It's just typical pregnant woman's hormone, according to his theory. 

Inside the shower, Jihyo can't help but trail her mind to the afternoon's event. She's confident Mijoo leaned her face towards hers because she wanted a kiss. The girl was staring at her lips even. How could Jihyo believe otherwise? Never.

Why? She can't stop thinking about it. And the fact that Mijoo wore her favourite scent is such a disturbance too. Why does she have to be so attractive? Jihyo shakes her head, throwing the image of Mijoo's (loving) gaze out of her mind.

***

Upon opening the front door she spots her sitting on the sofa in the living room in front of the TV. But to the hell of the TV, no one's watching it. She's drawing something on the paper using coloured markers, and there's also a comic lied beside the paper.

"You're finally home!" Soojung cooes happily, still not looking up from her drawing. 

Mijoo paces slow steps to join her sister on the sofa. "What are you drawing?"

"A cartoon character, specifically Shinchan!" the eldest sister replies. "Jinye said it would be nice if I can draw cartoon characters, and I came to know she likes Shinchan so much. That's why I'm doing it."

"Jinye?" Mijoo tries to recall that name.

"Yujeong's date, the one who came over last week! I got along with her really well. She's really nice and knows how to play with me," Soojung smiles brightly. "She reminds me of you, but she's probably saner than you!"

"What?" Mijoo feels offended, but it's just a facade. She could never disagree that there's someone else that is more insane than herself. Soojung laughs after seeing her sister's reaction.

"I miss her and Yujeong. Can you have them come over again, sooner if possible? I want to play with Jinye again!" she sounds like a child desperate to meet her friend because she wanted to play games. Yujeong's girlfriend surely has won over Soojung's heart as her favourite playmate. Wonder how Mijoo, Jiae and Yujeong are ranked in her heart now.

But Mijoo wants it to be the time to discuss about something else.

"Unnie," she calls softly. "Do you still love Jihyo?"

Soojung's body stiffens. Jihyo's name hasn't gone around for a while between the sisters, why Mijoo is mentioning her again? The eldest sister feels uncomfortable to talk about her former girlfriend.

"Why do you ask?"

"Don't you want to see her again?" 

Her brows knitted. Soojung's eyes narrowed. "I don't think there's any reason left for me to see her."

"There is!" Mijoo argues. "She left you because of misunderstanding! If you see her and explain the real things to her, she will understand! And she'd go back to you if you want, because that's what the both of you deserve!"

"What the hell Mijoo?!" Soojung rises on her feet, angry. "It's been more than 10 years, she could be happy and probably has forgotten about me! How could I snatch her current life just to ask her to return to me?"

"You could! She might want that!" Mijoo's not going to lose it. "She might not forget about you all these years because maybe that's what she wanted too!"

"No!" Soojung screams. "You're crazy!" she accuses her sister. "You never wanted to see Jihyo or see me getting back together with her for the past years, why are you saying otherwise now?"

"Because!" the younger sister raises her voice, but then she stops. She can't tell Soojung that she meets Jihyo regularly, with motives, and it's all a set up.

The old Mijoo would only despise Jihyo, see her as the spoiled brat, bad girl. Meet her to remind her of her dark past relationship, want her guilt to eat her alive, let her see Soojung only to force her to beg her sister for an apology, then Mijoo and Soojung will leave her alone crying in the street, will never allow the former couple to get back together because she wanted Jihyo to suffer as much as the sisters do.

But now, she only wants Jihyo to be a part of her life, even if it means she'd be Soojung's girlfriend, she doesn't mind. As long she can see Jihyo. It'll be another plus point if it means for her to see her sister be happy, returns to her normal self again and not a mental disorder patient. 

"Just because..." her voice weakens gradually. Soojung shakes her head in disbelief.

"You're mental! Don't talk to me if you only want to talk about Jihyo again!" Soojung stomps her feet and goes inside her bedroom, slamming the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter