Hurt

Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hurt

 

A part of Jihyo wishes she could go down in the rain and stand by Mijoo’s side, to her aid, to her comfort, to her ease, to her heal. But another big part of her was too ego to say the words sorry, too ego to learn how to forgive, too ego to learn how to forget. All she could think of was her pain from many years ago, and yes she was still avenging and holding grudges because of it.

Then all of her good sides just completely disappears and replaced by a devil that’s waiting for the perfect timing to come out and destroy everything. That’s exactly the devil wants her to be, and she’s doing exactly like that.

Her husband hugs her as soon as she steps into the house. “Did you go there? How’re your feelings?”

He has always been the understanding man, Jihyo feels herself not deserving his kindness and is unable to look at him in the eyes.

“No,” Jihyo shakes her head and speaks with unusually slow voice. “I couldn’t come out from the car.”

Yoongi sighs but nods his head, understands her actions. “You were too hurt, of course you couldn’t.”

The lady wants to cry and deny his statement because it’s just so wrong.

‘No, it wasn’t because I was too hurt to come out. It’s because I was the one who hurt the family too much that I couldn’t face them.’

She simply lifts her face up and puts on a small smile for him. “Never mind. Where’s our son? I want to cuddle him to sleep tonight.”

She always uses Yoonho as her shield to avoid her really good husband. She feels herself undeserving once again.

“He’s in our bed. I let him played with my phone to keep him distracted.”

Jihyo nods and touches his face briefly. “I’m going to shower now. See you later.”

He surprises her with a kiss on her lips before grinning. “Don’t take too long.”

***

Mina reads the note from her phone before looking up. The same unit numbers are written on the door in front of her, matched with the ones in the note she has and she’s glad that she finds the right place and not getting lost.

Instead of pressing the doorbell like any other normal guests do, Mina presses in the password numbers and hears the door clicks. She comes into the house to find it’s a whole mess. She’s not surprised to see such a sight but her little heart aches at the view in front of her.

Mijoo sits on the floor against the wall and hugs her knees. Cans of beer, dry spilled drinks, tissues and other sorts of trashes are seen scattered around in the living room making it looks very messy.

“Mijoo,” Mina called softly in hope the older girl will look up and talk with her. But it’s only left as a hope. Mijoo still has her head down between her legs and Mina feels tears are threatening to come out from her eyes.

Earlier this morning, the office received a notice about Mijoo’s removal from the company, declared that the woman’s contract terms had come to its end. The director didn’t know if the notice was legal about the span, but she was infuriated, throwing a fit about it and almost had a fight with the HR’s head department for defending her part-time employee.

The woman was in the state of mourning and they really have to remove her from the company now, such nerve!

On the same day, Yujeong whom Mina met at the funeral had contacted her and asked a favor from the latter. The nurse said Mijoo wouldn’t come out from her house and had locked herself inside for a week now. She knew Mijoo would push and shut everyone out, even her close friends, including Yujeong herself so she was hoping Mina could make Mijoo comes out from her shell and becomes herself again.

Mina extends her hand out with the removal letter on her palm. “The office decides to end your contract and you won’t get to renew. Honestly, they’re all a bunch of jerks for doing this to you. I honestly don’t understand how you’re getting all the blames alone!”

The half Japanese girl huffs out her frustration and messes with her head. “I know what I saw, and I know you weren’t alone with the affair things! I saw Jihyo attached herself to you, but she smoothly gets away from the scandal rumor while everything else falls on you! This is unfair, Mijoo! I can’t look at Jihyo the same anymore!”

After hearing the end of the woman’s rants, Mijoo lifts her face up and Mina sees her bloodshot eyes after all the crying.

“Is that so?” she asked nonchalantly and Mina becomes upset for a second.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter