Break Up

Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Break Up

 

The next day hasn’t been all rainbow for the sisters. After Mijoo’s clear refusal to end her relationship, Soojung decides to be what she does best: ignoring and being cold.

Mijoo expects this outcome. She did; but it still hurts her to bleed. She just doesn’t get it why there hasn’t been anyone that supports her and Jihyo together. Everyone (that has known about their secret affair) is against them. She feels so unfair and wants to protest.

She leaves the house without breakfast; without leaving proper meals for her sister to eat; without calling her friends to watch over Soojung; just coldly leaving the front door like she doesn’t share the house with anyone.

That’s her show of protest.

***

Jihyo bathes Yoonho before dressing her son up for his nursery. While she lets the water runs on the boy’s back, her mind drives to last night’s event with Seunghee.

“Then what should I do?” Jihyo bawled her eyes out after Seunghee’s outrage about her secret affair with Mijoo. She received a long speech and nagging and scolding from her best friend. Then it was dragged to the story of Jihyo’s painful past with Soojung and how she ended up marrying her current husband, even had children (not literally but yeah) with him, how Yoongi was the perfect and nice husband for her, that he was too good for her.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Seunghee snorted.

Yes, it is obvious. There’s no other answer that Seunghee wanted to hear but that.

“Do it or you’re disowned!”

What a threat! It should be illegal but Jihyo can’t find her strength to retort.

“Honey…” her husband hugs her back and rubs her belly. “You seem bothered with something,” he says before placing a kiss on her cheek.

Jihyo gives him a small smile before carrying Yoonho after his son is done with the shower. “You’re right, but I don’t feel like talking about it now.”

Yoongi nods as he takes their child over from her. “I’ll dress him up. Take your time.”

A warm feeling seeps inside her as she watches her husband and son together.

“Oppa!” she calls before he’d completely disappears from her sight. He turns and she draws closer towards him. “I love you,” she utters before tip-toeing and kisses his lips, surprising him.

Yoonho cooes while Yoongi’s smile turns wider. “I love you too babe!”

Maybe she already finds her answer. She’ll just do what she has to do.

***

Mijoo senses Jihyo has gotten more and more distant from her. Whenever she wants to have her time alone there’ll always be something that holds her plan back. Or Jihyo will be too busy to entertain her.

Today is no exception. The team leader seems busy with her meetings and always be in the director’s office for a discussion. But when she comes out, she’ll have time to joke with Nayeon and other colleagues in the department but her. Mijoo’s growing furious.

The same happens for lunch time. Usually Jihyo will be too eager to snatch Mijoo out first so they can eat together but now she doesn’t even move from her office until Seunghee and Yoongi in tow come to get her. Mijoos’s plan fails again.

During working hours, Jihyo is taking a break and heads out to the toilet. Mijoo sees her and ponders for a while if she should follow and decides to stalk her team leader’s tracks from behind.

Mijoo locks the door once she ensures the toilet is free from other colleagues. It’ll be just her and Jihyo inside. Good thing.

Jihyo turns around, surprised that the door is locked in such a rush. Then when Mijoo comes into her view she has become anxious. This is not a good thing at all.

She has gotten herself trapped as her back meets the sink and Mijoo’s steps are dangerously close before she puts her hands on her both sides. Jihyo can’t find her way out.

“Jihyo, I know you’ve been avoiding me these days!” The woman gulps as she feels Mijoo’s hands cup her wrists. “I just want to know why. I deserve an explanation!”

Jihyo shakes her head, opts to not say anything before she’d hurt the woman in front of her further. After all, she still loves the woman despite knowing how terrible it is to keep the feeling.

“Please Jihyo…” the PA begs, her innocent pair of eyes catches the team leader’s guilt.

Jihyo slowly releases herself from Mijoo’s firm grips and allows her tears to fall. “I”m sorry Mijoo…” she sniffles. “...but I can’t do this anymore.”

Mijoo feels her hands fall weakly. Jihyo just dropped a bomb on her and she can’t teel more dejected.

She starts to tear up but she doesn’t want to cry just yet. “B-but why…?” Her voice sounds so glum and Jihyo feels even worse.

“I’m sorry but I really just can’t do this anymore!” Jihyo cracks her voice as she says those words. She swears this guilt of hurting this very woman will haunt her from now.

“I’m sorry!” she says for the last time and wipes her tears away before heading to unlock the door and walks out of the toilet.

Mijoo has become so numb after the break up that she’s unmoved from her spot. It’s like her brain just shuts down and becomes malfunction. Jihyo’s rejection has scarred her heart and damaged her mind.

This is unacceptable! she declares. She can’t just leave me like this! Not now!

***

Jihyo takes slow steps to her car in the parking lot. Today’s events have really drained her energy and she feels like she just drags her legs instead of walking properly. Yoongi has gone ahead of her because he has an on-site visit project to do with his fellow department’s colleagues before going home.

When she reaches her vehicle, she fails to notice that Mijoo has been waiting for her and the said woman just suddenly grabs her wrist from behind and forcefully turns her around. Jihyo is shocked in this situation.

“Mijoo!” she’s alerted that the woman’s gazes are all fierce and burning. She doesn’t seem to be in her right mind. JIhyo grows scared.

“You don’t have the right to leave me hanging like this!” she holds the woman’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter