Home

Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Home

 

Director Son Naeun speaks up about having team dinner first, in honour to welcome Mijoo in their department team. Although the idea originally was suggested by one of the staffs yersterday without concerning Naeun, they are a bit indifferent in doing so for the day.

Of course that's because they just don't like having Son Naeun around them, that's just it. However, things get better when Jihyo persuades them all to join too, knowing that she has some kind of influence in them. Mijoo raises her eyebrows when she realizes this thing.

While they all walk ahead, Mijoo steadily follows from the back and making Mina follows her steps as well. That's when she begins to ask. "Why do you all seemed to not like Director Son, but seems different when the team leader involves?"

Her volume is as quiet as a whisper, though she bets no one will hear her since they're out on the street side, having the noise from the vehicles' loud sounds passing by on the road, overpowering their voices.

Mina is stunned for a little to know that Mijoo catches up with the surrounding so fast. She honestly never expects Mijoo to realize the not so good thing that's happening around her that quick. "Well, DIrector Son is fierce and if you work a little longer, she seems to have short temper and a liitle inconsiderate. While our lovely team leader is the complete opposite, with her bright brain and wise knowledge, as well as her considerate nature makes her more likeable among the staffs," Mina opens , Mijoo insanely tries to focus because the former's voice is really, really quiet like it's just an air coming from , and not some audible words.

But Mijoo's not deaf, and not stupid. She knows from the use of Mina's tone that the she also seems to really like Jihyo more than Son Naeun. "We're all wishing for Director Son to quit, retire or transfer to other company quick so Jihyo can rise as the director of the department soon."

Although she kinds of expects that, Mijoo still finds it so low of the staffs' minds to have thought of that to the extent of wishing Son Naeun's removal from the team. She also dislikes that Mina has that kind of mind too, but says nothing more in order to not hurt her new friend's feelings. "I see."

The night is going on smoothly. Mijoo purposely chooses to sit next to Son Naeun and tries out if she and her employer will get along well. Jiyeon is sitting next to her other side, and coincidentally Jihyo happens to sit across her.

It's going to be fun...

Beer and a few set of samgyupsal served on the table before them. As a show of respect, Mijoo pours the beer down on a glass for their department's director first, of course. Son Naeun accepts the kindness contently before returning the same favour for her new employee.

She doesn't know about anyone else, but the employer and employee are the first to gulp the drink down on their throats, just the two of them. And on top of everything, Mijoo manages to scan the look on Jihyo's face (that looks somehow irritated) before clinking her glass with Son Naeun's.

Jiyeon is probably the nicest, seal-clapping at Son Naeun and Mijoo's interaction, while the rest give nonchalant reaction. After spending time with Jiyeon most of the time so far in her two days, Mijoo grows to be really fond of the former's bright and kind nature. Not to mention she has a pair of smiling eyes that appear really adorable and can melt everyone around her.

Mijoo expects to have talked more not just with her director, but also the team leader who sits just in front of her and Son Naeun. But Jihyo pays zero attention towards them while she keeps on chatting with her good friend, Nayeon that occassionally joined by Mina as well. Mijoo is irked, to be honest, but pretends like she doesn't and just concentrates on having conversation with Son Naeun.

It's just a little about her family and education background, but of course Mijoo isn't totally honest. She's not supposed to reveal about her sister's condition, her parents' death or anything, except for the fact that she's an orphan.

Son Naeun surpirisngly sympathizes and can relate with her sadness. When the elder gives her encouraging words that can give Mijoo strength, the latter beams gratefully and feels more connected with her.

However, Mijoo misses the fact that Jihyo actually listens to details of the former's conversation with the director. She wants to listen to Mijoo speaking about herself too, but has to bury her intention when the new employee is just having good moments with her employer.

Mijoo even volunteers to grill the meat and feed the director first, showing her dedication and loyalty. But her actions make her colleagues have ill thoughts against her, assuming Mijoo's just trying to get on Son Naeun's good side for her own benefit.

The night grows darker, and Mijoo misses the time that passes.

***

It's already past eleven, yet they still haven't finished rounding up on drinks. Mijoo who doesn't like alcohol that much barely touches the drink except for a beginning shot. Glancing at her watch, she jolts on her feet in shock and mouth gaps.

"Madam, it's already late now. I need to leave," she turns to Son Naeun but the director is half conscious, effect from drinking too much beer. "You're taking your leave now? It's still early!" The elder retorts.

"I can't leave my housemate for too long since she hates to be alone so much," she says while picking up her bag and slings on her shoulder. "Go on without me!" she bows once last time and sets to leave, until Jihyo's voice stops her. "I'm leaving with you!"

The rest of her colleagues plan to prolong the team night out by going to karaoke next, but Mijoo is sure Son Naeun barely can catch up with their energy anymore. Hence she calls a substitute driver over for the director while walking side by side with Jihyo exiting the restaurant.

They stand on the roadside in silent after Mijoo finishes talking on the phone. She realizes Jihyo isn't drunk as she expected, and it kinds of amuses her. "Someone's gonna pick you up?"

Jihyo glances at her briefly before nodding. "My husband is on his way. You should go first."

Mijoo can't take her eyes off from her team leader. The way the dim light the night shines on her shows her true skin tone, only making Mijoo feels more attracted. The fact that she's standing with her sister's ex-girlfriend like this makes her stomach flips for some reason.

"I'll wait until he comes. I can't leave you alone here, it's dangerous," Mijoo speaks that Jihyo can't deny the idea in the end. They wait as no one speaks anymore as that makes Jihyo feels uncomfortable with the awkwardness.

"You seem to really care about Director Son," she begins, unconsciously making Mijoo feels uneasy. But she still listens like the topic doesn't bother her at all.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter