Double Pain

Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double Pain

 

It felt new to wake up in a hospital with the unfamiliar smell, the oversize outfit, the busy hallways; they gave her nothing but anxiety. However, the sight of Mijoo’s tired face from across the ward resting on the sofa calmed her down and gave her a good feeling.

The younger sister woke up after Yujeong came to make her rounds and check on her condition. Luckily Soojung was fine and she should not stay long in the place but could only be discharged this afternoon.

Mijoo went home to get changed first before she’d take Soojung home. The older requested her nurse slash her good friend, Yujeong that she’d like to take a breath of fresh air outside which the latter gave in without much words.

The sunray radiates good energy. It feels like it will be a good day for her and her sister. Mijoo was all good and worried of her this morning, a sign the younger has opened up and returned to her old self so perhaps nothing bad can happen between them anymore after this. The light that shines on her face is too bright that she has to use her arm to block her face. After some time, she actually enjoys the sunlight shower because it’s really been a while since she enjoyed being under the Sun or stood outside from the four walls.

To her bad luck, a certain woman with brown shade of hair and a pair of huge eyes from her past has just to ruin her day and her whole life. Jihyo appears when she’s not prepared for this meeting and from the look on the woman that has obviously aged from the last time they saw each other; she’s angry. She assumes her malice against Soojung has never faded for the past 11 years until now.

Soojung just stands there and waits for the criticism and blackshes that are incoming her way.

***

Jihyo is in a state of shock. The woman she had swore to abhore with her life for the past 11 years has come back with little to no change on her physical except she’s gotten tinier and actually looks sick.

What if she’s really sick? Will Jihyo change her mind and begin to forgive her; whom once had won her entire heart before?

With slow steps she starts to approach the tiny figure that has been enjoying the sunray for the entire minutes. Her heart races with fast beats with mixed emotions. Is she even ready to meet this woman again?

“Lee Soojung!” she calls that name as if she’s whispering with breath stucks in . The smaller woman turns around with her ever so gentle and calm facade then bravely faces her. And it triggers Jihyo’s inner monster side that she has buried for a long, long time ago.

Things get tougher! She lunges towards her.

***

Mijoo makes a stop at a flower shop to purchase a bouquet of flower as a present for her sister before she’d head to the hospital. Although that small sister of hers isn’t a very feminine woman to like flower to begin with, she knows her gesture will be very much appreciated thus hopes this gift will make Soojung forgives her for her stupid mistakes.

She had dropped notice (precisely a long text of message) to her officemate Jiyeon about her absence for the day earlier this morning and received a reply from the younger saying their director told her to rest well. That text relieved her and she couldn’t be more thankful to her boss for her kind words. She’s truly blessed for having a woman like Son Naeun as her boss.

The cab arrives at the hospital where Soojung was admitted and also Yujeong’s work place. Mijoo pays the driver of the fee and gets off as she inhales the scent of the flower in her nostril and makes her way to the yard. Yujeong texted her that’s where Soojung would be at and she thanked the older for the information.

Like the world has fallen down on her, she’s greeted with a great shock t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter