The Introduction

Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Introduction

 

It’s a nice and chilly morning of Monday. Every single person is all going out to start their day either at work or school. You can spot anyone with office attires or school uniforms neatly despite the still resting mode lingering after an off day on weekend.

Mijoo isn’t an exception from all those people. She belongs to the group of office workers, dressed nicely in white yellowish coloured shirt and black short skirt on her knees, an identification tag hung around her neck, standing outside a building of a trading company.

It’ll be her first day and the effect of Monday blues aside, there’s something to be looking forward for this day that makes her heart thumped nervously. Clearing and ensuring her attire looks good enough after fixing on the collar and stuffs, the woman moves her feet and makes her way into the entrance of the building.

She recalls the phone call from Human Resource Department that gives instruction from last week. “Enter the building and makes your way up until the second level, then you’ll see the reception desk. Tell them your name and you’ll be reporting in for your first day. They’ll know their duty next!” With that belief, Mijoo rides the elevator and presses for the number 2.

When the door is about to close, Mijoo hears a holler. “WAIT A SECOND!” Thanks to her fast reflex action, a woman manages to ride in the same elevator and chooses to be on the 5th level. “Thanks,” the woman utters, her quiet voice manages to utter in between her panting breaths. Mijoo offers a small smile before nodding her head.

“I’ve never seen you before,” the unknown woman surprisingly asks, being friendly than she seems, Mijoo thinks.

“Ah," Mijoo gaps, finally realizing the other woman is a senior staff in the company. "Today is my first," she slowly speaks, directly explains why she hasn't been seen before.

A ding sound is heard, the elevator has reached the second floor and the door slides opened. Mijoo begins to walk out, leaving the other woman in dazed. She hasn't known the pretty woman's name.

***

Without much problem, the new officer is assigned to be an admin assistant in the Financial Department. Given that she has knowledge in accounting and numbers, Lee Mijoo is officially a part of them now. Moreover, she gets to be the department director's PA in replacing the old one that has recently quitted to follow her husband moves out.

The team leader has yet to arrived prior to attend to an early morning meeting and hasn't been informed of the new officer. It should be around 10 when she comes in, her fellow colleague rushes to her side right away. "Jihyo, the new PA is here!"

Without looking up or surprised reaction, the team leader's fingers are fiddling on her smartphone's screen and replies shortly. "Really?" Jihyo's eyes look up and scan around the department's unit, deemed looking for a certain someone. "Where's Mina?"

Her colleague Im Nayeon answers as quick as she receives the question. "She should be on counter duty for today."

Nodding, Jihyo fixates her eyes back on the phone in her hand. "Tell the newbie to come in my office!" she instructs as Nayeon responds in a blink. "Right away!"

***

When she's introduced by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter