Chapter 3

Dangerously Fond of you
Please log in to read the full chapter

A lingering silence came across between the two males, roughly breathing and shock expressions contour their individual faces.

 

“Alive” The brunette whispered all of the sudden.

 

“I’M FREAKING ALIVE!!!”

 

Before Chanyeol can even respond, Luhan was shouting already and keep on hitting Chanyeol without even realizing that they are still on the road and the chances of getting killed with Luhan going all diva is high and Chanyeol wouldn’t bet on that.

 

“You’re welcome Luhan, I didn’t know your form of thank you is risking our lives again. Can’t you see I’m driving?” Chanyeol only rolled his eyes.

 

“You are the worst driver I’ve ever seen, Park” Luhan gritted every word. His nerves haven’t calm down yet, the picture of them falling on that cliff is constantly replaying on Luhan’s mind. He could still remember that he was very sure that the moment he close his eyes the front of the car is already at the edge of the cliff and in a brink of seconds Luhan was yet again thrown, even Luhan wouldn’t admit it but he was thankful that Chanyeol has some goddamn skills on driving. He barely turn the wheels around resulting the red Ferrari dashing towards them with fast speed, fell on the cliff instead of them, eventually they didn’t realize that Chanyeol was heading there.

 

“That’s what you call pure talent and skills, Luhan”

 

Luhan scoff at Chanyeol praising himself.

 

 

“Why are you here anyway? I thought you’re in Brazil.”

 

 

“I just came home and I receive a call from Kris”

 

 

Luhan heave a sigh and cross his arms while his eyes are wondering to nowhere. He still can’t grasp that he almost got killed. Noticing Luhan’s deep expression, Chanyeol sighed and decided to say something. “Hey, it’s going to be fine”

 

Luhan didn’t answer and trailed his vision with the familiar place they are entering, his home. The metal gate which is probably bulletproof and has lasers installed with them opened when the guard already confirm that it was them. Guards are everywhere in the area, not just some common guards wearing white uniforms, carrying fake guns and useless handcuffs. The guards here are personally hired and train with his dad, they always wear bulletproof vest and always carry around hand guns and rifles, maybe there are even snipers here. Luhan cringes as he realizes that they look like they are part of some rebel group or terrorist. Chanyeol motion one of the guards to check outside the gate if someone followed them.

Upon arriving the porch, there was silence again between the two of them, until Luhan decided to go down without even saying a single word and all Chanyeol can do is sigh and watch the older’s back while muttering a few goodbyes.

 

 

The wooden door creaked, slowly closing behind Luhan.  Without people setting eyes on Luhan, all his fears, frustration and all the s that he felt slowly crept outside the fearless façade the he manage to put when he face those bastards. Making it more evident that he is indeed scared of everything, he trembled and his knees finally surrendered, letting his body fall into the cold floor, his tears  swiftly fell into those brown orbs, rolling down to his cheeks. Biting his lip to muffle the sobs that is about to escape from his mouth, he curled himself on the floor silently crying on this goddamn house alone.  

The soft sniffing and the tick of the grandfather clock was all the noise that can be heard in the spacious living room, the lights wasn’t even bothered to turn on, although it’s daylight the thick dark red curtains block all the light that can possible get in, making the house dark inside. The boy near the door that was curled up was already biting his hand, no matter how much he tried to escape reality, they keep on hunting him down. He tried so much to make himself feel that all of this was okay, but the recent incident made his fear that he felt on the very first time he was put in such dangerous situation resurface again, it made him realize that it wasn’t okay, he wasn’t okay.  

 

 

Luhan didn’t know how many minutes or hours he stay in that fetal position but he woke up feeling the soft mattress on his back and smelling the strawberry scent of his room. ‘I must have fallen asleep downstairs’

 

Luhan mindlessly got up and lean his back at the headboard, sighing he rub his temples because he was feeling a slight headache when he tried to retrieve the memories this morning. His stomach grumble, he hadn’t eaten anything since the escape they made from Jongin. He was about to get off to bed when he heard a knock at his door. His brows furrowed, last time he checked he was living alone. The door swung open revealing a house cleaner in her uniform, she was bringing a tray with food on it. Luhan’s eyes squinted at the maid, if there are people at his house that only means one thing his Dad is here, which rarely happens.

‘Probably visiting his son that was kidnapped’ But Luhan knew better that it wasn’t the case, he is just being delusional.

“Is Dad here?” even though Luhan knew the answer he still chose to ask anyway.

The m

Please log in to read the full chapter