The Fan Sign

We Can't Marry!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Guys, come on! We're gonna be late!" Suho called out as he waited by the front door of the Exo dorm, tapping his foot impatiently on the wooden floor as he did so. "Well jeez it's not our fault that we were suddenly told about this stupid fan sign at eight in the morning," Jongdae whined as he tied the laces on his shoes.

The group were rushing to go out for an unexpected fan signing they had been notified of earlier this morning. But that wasn't what bothered them the most. It was the fact that they agreed to go on one of their days off. The members had been looking forward to just lazing around and treating themselves, but it looked like that those plans would have to be put on hold for now.

 "I know I know. I get it that's not our fault but manager hyung said that there was a specific reason why this fan signing was arranged," the leader explained as the Exo members filed out of their dorm and swiftly made their way to the black SUV parked in the driveway. "It better be worth it," Baekhyun grumbled while everyone got into the car. If only he knew.

⊰∵ ⍤∵ ⊱ 

 

Before they had even reached the destination, there was a long line of eager fans swarming the venue. No surprise there. For something that had only been announced literally two hours ago, their fans had been extremely quick to find out about the fan sign taking place that morning. Again, no surprise there. The car was parked a few yards from the rear entrance of the venue away from most of the fans. As per usual, the excited screams of Exo-Ls increased in volume as soon as the passenger doors had been opened and the members started getting out, keeping their heads lowered as bodyguards swiftly escorted the eleven-member group into the venue. 

The car was parked a few yards from the rear entrance of the venue away from most of the fans. As per usual, the excited screams of Exo-Ls increased in volume as soon as the passenger doors had been opened and the members started getting out, keeping their heads lowered as bodyguards swiftly escorted the eleven-member group into the venue. 

"You made it! Thank god, let's get you guys all set," Exo's co-manager said cheerily as he quickly approached the boys upon entering the building. Suho nodded as the group walked to one of the back rooms where they were notified of the details of the event. "This one will be slightly different from the rest," the co-manager said enthusiastically before dismissing the group.  

Baekhyun and Chanyeol wondered if this perhaps had anything to do with them at all, seeing as they would be wed soon. "We'll be announcing the news of the marriage of Chanyeol and Baekhyun to Exo-L's," the co-manager explained with a grin on his face. "No! Sorry, my mistake. What I meant to say is that you two will be announcing the new arrangement yourselves for everyone. Isn't that wonderful?"

The pair having predicted that this had something to do with them, nodded reluctantly as they put on fake smiles at the man who was walking up to a table laid with clean white napkins. "As usual, we are going to be giving a few lucky fans the chance to get a blotted napkin with your autographs on them," the co-manager stated as he gestured towards the items on the table. "Only this time, the napkins will only be kissed by...yeah you've guessed it," he chuckled as Baekhyun and Chanyeol slowly made their way over to the table and took the horrendous lip tints presented to them.

Chanyeol's given shade was a bright cherry red whereas Baekhyun's one was a muted pink. Either way, both products looked strange and foreign to them despite the fact that blotting napkins and merchandise for fans is something none of the members were unfamiliar with. A hand mirror was also given to them each to aid with the application process. Without thinking about it any longer, the pair popped open the lids of the lip tints, twisting out to reveal the waxy product and bringing it up to their lips.

The taller of the two looked into the mirror, swiping a straight red line across his lower lip. Not surprisingly, it was very precise. He rubbed his lips together, and Baekhyun stopped himself from laughing at the sight because Chanyeol almost looked prettier than his mother with makeup.

After they had both blotted and signed all the napkins, the group got ready for the fan sign to start as a steady line of fans started making their way into the hall. Baekhyun was suddenly excited at the thought of announcing the news of his and Chanyeol's marriage to everyone. In a way, it gave him a natural surge of anticipation. Judging from the way that the giant sat next to him kept nudging Baekhyun every few seconds with a stupid grin on his face told the vocalist that Chanyeol was equally exuberant. 

The fan sign started not too long after everything had settled down, and fans were waiting in long lines with albums and merchandise in their hands waiting to be signed by the members. Usually, Exo fan signs were divided between the two subunits, but this one was an exception. The news of S.M's marriage plan with Chanbaek was the primary reason for it. 

 

⊰∵ ⍤∵ ⊱ 

 

"Hyung. Hyung."

Nothing.

"Hyung!" The maknae tried calling out to Luhan again who was sitting three seats away from the Chinese doe-eyed male, currently eye smiling at one of the regular noonas who came to these fan signings. Tch, that Luhan. It had been only twenty minutes into the fan sign and Oh Sehun was bored like he often was. This time maybe a certain honey blonde taking longer than usual with his female fans has been distracting Sehun from enjoying the event a bit too much. Frowning deeply as he continued getting ignored by his favourite hyung, the platinum blonde decided to jump into action. 

He mindlessly picked up one of their Overdose albums that were lying on the table and stood up, walking right to the back of the line that leads to his occupied boyfriend. "I don't care how long it takes," Sehun mumbled to himself, and fortunately none of the fans in front of him took notice. "Lulu is mine." 

 

⊰∵ ⍤∵ ⊱ 

 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were busy signing the various albums and merchandise they received from fans. "Chanyeol oppa, you look so handsome today!" One of the many female fans exclaimed with a shy from on her face. The brunette vocalist unconsciously gripped the marker he was holding, almost messing up the autograph he was working on for a fan's album. What? It's not his fault if he can't help feeling as if ants are crawling up his arms when a fan pours compliments over his best friend. But as of late, Baekhyun never truly questioned why. 

"Aww, so you mean I don't look handsome on other days?" the giant answered with a deep pout, making it out as if he was hurt when he clearly wasn't. When did the giant get so good at acting for fans? Baekhyun wondered to himself, forcing a smile for the poor fan in front of him who bowed politely anyway and smiled brightly as she moved onto the next line. One person who didn't move however was the fan whom Chanyeol was still flirting conversing with. How nice.

"Oh no, no! Of course I didn't mean that oppa. You always look so incredibly--"

"Ah Channie can you pass me a tissue, please? I spilt some water on myself," Baekhyun fibbed quickly after pouring the little bit of water left in his water bottle on his lap. To most people, it would have looked as if he had pissed himself but of course, Baekhyun didn't take that into consideration when he decided to get Chanyeol's attention. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and now was no exception for a certain brunette vocalist.

The rapper whipped his head to the voice next to him, his eyes landing on Baekhyun's little "accident." "That's going to take more than one tissue to dry up," Chanyeol said as he pulled out a bunch of tissues from the box and started dabbing at his best friend's wet lap.

"You're as clumsy as ever Baek," the taller tutted in disapproval as he leaned closer, completely forgetting about the fan he was talking with just seconds away as he tried his best to soak up as much of the spilt water on Baekhyun's light blue jeans as best as he could. Mission to distract Chanyeol from the fan: complete. 

'What the hell is he doing?!' Baekhyun screamed inwardly the moment Chanyeol decided it would be a good idea to basically touch him up in front of everyone. Okay maybe that was a bit exaggerated, but Baekhyun definitely did not see this coming when he wanted to divert the giant's attention from the annoying fan to himself. He sure got a handful, literally.

Unbeknownst to the pair, said fan stood fixed on the spot clutching her autographed album close to her chest as she watched the scene in front of her with wide, sparkling and interested eyes.    

The brunette shimmied his legs slightly when Chanyeol applied more pressure against the flustered vocalist's thighs using the now moist bunch of tissues. "Hold still Baek or else it'll never dry up," the younger friend remarked impatiently, though it was completely unnecessary seeing as he firmly held his friend's knee to keep Baekhyun from moving around. Oh god, make this end. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter