The New Start

We Can't Marry!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol looked at his friend slash husband (that was going to get some time getting used to) worriedly. The brunette had his head partially stuck out the window while the rest of it remained inside thanks to the seatbelt strapped around his shoulder, which was actually pretty hard to get on. "Hehe...the wind is so icyyyy. Just like you Xiu!" Baekhyun slurred nonsensically in between slight hiccups and unjustified giggles. 

"Ugh he's so drunk," Minseok sighed with his eyebrows furrowed. Chanyeol sulked, carefully pulling a restless Baekhyun back in the car and rolling the window up before he could get a chance to repeat his previous action. "I had no idea there would be so much booze at that place. But if I had known, trust me I would not have let him drink as much as he did," Chanyeol replied. "To be fair, the place didn't have enough booze," Sehun said casually, fixing his hair in the rearview mirror. "Well...I guess. Baekhyun gets drunk after just four or five drinks," Suho said as he looked at the drunk vocalist. "Maybe if someone didn't leave his side then he wouldn't be in this state." 

"I didn't leave his side!" Chanyeol exclaimed, glaring at Tao for even thinking of such a thing. "He's right, Chanyeol was by Baekhyun's side the whole time," Luhan said. "Baekhyun is just really good at convincing Chanyeol to let him have more drinks," he added with a knowing smile. Chanyeol opened his mouth to say otherwise but then closed it after realizing that Luhan had hit the nail on the head. "Whatever, he's all your's to take care of now. I'm not getting myself slapped in the face while looking after him again," Jondgae said with a roll of his eyes.

Of course he was referring to that one time where Baekhyun had drunk himself silly at their first company dinner a few years back, which resulted in Chen getting a slap mark across his right cheek as soon as he tried to get Baekhyun to change into his PJs. "P-ert! Don't touch me!" Baekhyun had shouted in panic, his drunken state getting the better of him and before Chen could back away a reckless slap was thrown upon his poor face. Jongdae wasn't very happy that night. "Never. Again," he had huffed bitterly with his teeth grit when he walked out of Baekhyun's room and the other members had crowded outside the door to see what the commotion was about. They all nodded quickly, not quite sure whether they should feel bad for the guy with the red imprint on his face or just laugh at him. Let's just say it took a while for Baekhyun's apology to get through with Chen after that little incident. 

A few of the members in the car sniggered at the memory. "Careful, Chan. You might just be his next victim," Sehun half-joked with a wry smile on his face. "Mmm, no. Something tells me that'll be the last thing that happens," Kai remarked, to which Chanyeol decided it would be best not to ask the dancer about because...well, this was Kai. "I hope not," Chanyeol simply replied with instead.

Kyungsoo looked back at Baekhyun from where he sat at the seat in front and thought of something. "Don't worry, I can make him my hangover soup when he wakes up after resting for a while," he said reassuringly and Chanyeol's face lit up because the owl-eyed male was a savior when it came to these things. "That would help a lot, thanks Kyung you're the best." Baekhyun watched Chanyeol from the seat next to him, puffing his cheeks out annoyingly as he gave a few jabs to the taller's ribs. Chanyeol seized the brunette's quick hands in his larger hands- Baekhyun could get quite aggressive when he's drunk. "We're almost at the dorm, just stay put a bit longer Baek."  

The car parked in front of their dorm a few minutes later and fortunately Baekhyun had managed to stay put during that time. "So you guys are moving out today huh?" Junmyeon asked as the car pulled up outside their dorm. "Can't you just leave tomorrow morning or something?" He asked as they got out of the car.

"We were both thinking that but our suitcases are being taken to the new house later today," Chanyeol said as he took hold of Baekhyun's arm and slung it over his shoulder because walking steadily and upright was the last thing the vocalist was capable of now. "I guess we'll get ready to head out once he's sobered up a bit," he said, motioning to Baekhyun who was trying to follow the taller into their dorm on wobbly legs.

As soon as the door swung open, Baekhyun covered his mouth and tugged on Chanyeol's sleeve. It was clear what he had to do. "I'll see if he's okay," Chanyeol said anxiously before kicking his shoes off and quickly taking the smaller into their nearest bathroom.

 

 

 

Baekhyun woke up on his bed feeling groggy with a throbbing headache. He groaned, the last thing he remembered was puking over the toilet with its seat up. Just thinking about it made him nearly regurgitate. It wasn't long before Baekhyun heard footsteps near his room. "Oh good, you're up," he heard Chanyeol say as the taller male approached Baekhyun.

"How do you feel?" Chanyeol asked anxiously, sitting on the edge of the vocalist's bed. "Honestly...not much better than before," Baekhyun sighed as he rubbed his eyes and sat up in bed slowly. Chanyeol frowned as he looked at the brunette. He had hoped that getting some sleep would help, but then he remembers exactly how drunk Baekhyun had been.  

"Well, Kyungsoo was kind enough to make you his hangover soup. Do you want some?" Baekhyun nodded weakly, reaching out to take the bowl of soup from the younger's hand. "Sure, whatever helps." But Chanyeol pulled the bowl away from the other's reach, leaving Baekhyun slightly frustrated. "I'll feed you," Chanyeol said as he picked up the spoon, giving the soup a small stir before he scooped some and held it next to the brunette's closed mouth. "Open up."

Baekhyun stared at his friend, dumbfounded by the request. He didn't look like someone who was willing to let himself get fed. "Chan it's okay, I can feed myself perfectly fine." Chanyeol wasn't going to give in so easily though.

"No Baek, you can't," Chanyeol retorted as he tried getting the other to open up again. "But I can! Just give it to me," Baekhyun protested childishly as he tried once again to take the bowl out of Chanyeol's hand (which he failed at). "You haven't recovered yet. Just let me, it will be much easier." Baekhyun didn't understand how Chanyeol feeding him would be easier but he knew he was in no state to put up much of a fight anyway.  

"Now, will you please just let me feed you?" Baekhyun's habit of puffing his cheeks out when he didn't get what he wanted or when he was upset took over. "You love being extra, don't you?" Chanyeol shrugged and gave a lopsided smile. "I wouldn't want you getting soup over that suit. I don't think that's being extra." Baekhyun cleared his throat slightly, turning to face the taller properly and Chanyeol grinned when the petite male finally (begrudgingly) obliged by slowly opening his mouth. He letting the soup cool for a bit before carefully feeding his friend, pushing the spoon into the smaller's mouth and letting Baekhyun take the soup.

Baekhyun ate quietly, looking down at his lap as he did so. "I'm never letting you drink again Baek," Chanyeol declared firmly. "No matter how much you use aegyo or promise me that you'll pay for going to a noraebang together." 'You're doing the right thing Yeol. Resist the aegyo,' the dark-haired male told himself. The vocalist pouted as he looked up at Chanyeol, finding the rapper's resolve completely unfair. The taller could easily tell that Baekhyun was attempting to glare at him, and if he wasn't still slightly hungover then maybe he would have done a better job of it.

"You don't have to treat me like a baby you know. If anything, I should be the one doing that for you," Baekhyun sulked. "You're not even that much older than me," Chanyeol replied as he fed the brunette more soup. "I don't see it as me treating you like a baby, Baek. I just don't want you to feel like after a few drinks and go through these ridiculous hangovers." As much as he hated to admit it, Chanyeol was right. Like he almost always was. It didn't take much for the smaller male to accept it. "Fine, you win. No more drinking," Baekhyun mumbled in defeat and the taller smiled triumphantly.

 

 

 

"You're actually leaving us," Luhan sulked as he watched Chanyeol and Baekhyun's stuff get packed into the truck outside their dorm. "Just for eight months Lu. We'll be back before you know it," Baekhyun reassured with a smile. The honey blonde nodded before pulling Baekhyun in for a quick hug. "Even though it will be quieter around here, I know it for a fact that will be more boring." Baekhyun chuckled, patting Luhan's back because that truly was a compliment. "We'll see each other at practice and stuff," Suho said. "But manager hyung said it could a bit longer for us since the new house is further away from the S.M building," Chanyeol explained. "We will just have to leave earlier then."  

"Don't forget to open the gifts," Sehun said with a grin that Chanyeol knew too well. "Yeah, of course. We'll open everyone's once we settle in," the rapper smiled slightly. "Oh I just remembered, you guys couldn't come with us to see the house before. You should definitely come over sometime," Baekhyun said looking at Sehun and Luhan as they walked over to the car. "That's cool with me. I'll let you know when we have time." Chanyeol gave Sehun a small nod before they were told that all their stuff had been packed, and the truck that had their things in it drove off towards their new house. "It's just eight months. Why are you taking all your clothes with you?" Tao asked having noticed all the suitcases that they were going to take. 

"Says the guy who takes all his Fedora hats and Gucci bags whenever we go on tour," Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "I think they'll need all their clothes Tao, or else they'll have to keep making trips here to pick up things they forgot or left behind," Luhan said. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, thanking Luhan for reminding him. Moving houses was one thing, and he really didn't want to keep driving back and forth from the new house in Myeongdong and the dorm. "Do we have all our stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter