The Feelings

We Can't Marry!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A-are you alright?" The tall friend asked Baekhyun reluctantly, though he knew the older was far from it as soon as he saw the tears streaking his soft cheeks. "Baek you've been gawking at me for five minutes now." 

"Chanyeollie! The vocalist threw himself at his best friend, who he had been pining after all day. Yixing smiled warmly at the interaction, standing up to walk to the brunette. "Told you he'd come back," he whispered to Baekhyun before making his way out of the room, the soft sound of the door shutting indicating that the two were alone.

Chanyeol was glued to his spot. He didn't know what had caused Baekhyun to react in such an elaborate way at something as ordinary as walking into their bedroom, but the answer was about to take him by surprise for sure.

"I thought you'd never come back to me," Baekhyun whispered, winding his small arms around the rapper's shoulders tighter as he buried his face in the crook of Chanyeol's neck.

"Why would you think that?" The younger asked quietly, failing to conceal the sadness in his voice as he reciprocated his friend's embrace by wrapping his strong arms around the small brunette's waist, pulling their bodies closer. Chanyeol rested his chin gingerly on Baekhyun's head of soft brown tresses, using his free hand to draw nonsensical patterns on the small of Baekhyun's back.

"I hurt you, Chanyeol. I don't deserve to be your friend," the vocalist replied in a voice so small he was sure the latter hadn't heard him. "I don't deserve your forgiveness," he continued, trying to stifle his weeping and in turn wetting the rapper's shirt.

The taller just continued standing there for a while in the partially silent room, with their arms wrapped around each other. Unbeknownst to the smaller, Chanyeol had heard something he would not have imagined Baekhyun to say and to say the younger was in disbelief would be an understatement. Baekhyun felt so damn guilty, and the temptation for Chanyeol's to just squeeze him in his embrace was too great of an urge to resist.

He carefully pried the brunette off of him, gently wiping the tears from his face with the pad of his thumb as he smiled endearingly and Baekhyun thought his heart skipped a beat or two.

"You're so much more than what a friend could ask for, Baek," Chanyeol spoke quietly, wanting Baekhyun to know exactly how much he meant to him. "The argument...I don't really care about that. I was never mad at you, and I'm sorry for making you cry."

The vocalist stared up at his friend, his expression a mixture of confusion and delight which earned the younger a soft chuckle. Baekhyun was about to believe Chanyeol before he let it sink in properly. "Y-you're lying! You would have had to be mad at me, I..." Baekhyun looked down, shuffling his feet around slightly. "...I was mean to you," he mumbled and Chanyeol had to try not to squeeze the life out of the small brunette right there and then at the older's cuteness.

"Is that how it came across as? Baek trust me, I'm not mad at you or the dumb argument. Anyone would have been pissed off if they found out they were forced to marry their best friend out of the blue." Baekhyun chewed on his lower lip nervously, looking up at his best friend. He had known for a while that Chanyeol wasn't nearly as opposed to the marriage as himself, so 'maybe this isn't such a bad plan,' Baekhyun thought to himself. How bad could it get in just eight months? "I just thought you'd need some time to yourself." 

"But if you weren't mad then why didn't you answer any of my calls or reply to any of my texts?" Baekhyun asked, his head tilting to the side slightly and making the smaller appear even more puppy-like. Chanyeol scratched his head, feeling stupider by the second for the having left his phone under his pillow earlier that day.

"I may have um... kind sort of maybe not taken it with me when I walked out this morning. And I kind of sort of maybe thoughtyouwouldn'tcallme," the rapper answered awkwardly, rushing his last words purposely. But the giant wasn't fooling anybody, especially if it concerned a certain sharp-eared vocalist by the name of Byun Baekhyun who came in 5 feet 7 inches of sharp-wittedness. Put it another way, he heard every word.

"You mean to say that you made me kill myself all day feeling like for an argument you don't even care about while I was practically drowning in guilt for what I said?" The smaller of the two asked slowly. "All because you forgot to take your phone with you?"

Chanyeol visibly tensed. The possibility that this would be the onset of another fight terrified him, and Chanyeol could only smile in reassurance as a half-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter