The Guilt

We Can't Marry!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The brunette stared into space as he stood in the empty room, save for himself of course. Never in his life has he felt so petty, so stupid, so ty. The realisation that he had hurt Chanyeol smacked him in the face, and without a second thought, the guilt-ridden Exo member pulled open the door, chasing after his tall best friend.

I'm an I'm an I'm an ! Baekhyun cursed himself on repeat, frantically looking around for Chanyeol. But he was nowhere to be found. No traces of him. "Chanyeol?! Chanyeol where are you?!" The smaller shouted, his voice ringing clearly through the otherwise quiet dorm in the early morning.

Feeling defeated and increasingly worried after not getting a response, he ran down the flight of stairs in the hopes to find Chanyeol. Baekhyun dejectedly heaved a sigh when he was only greeted with Sehun, Luhan, Jongin and Kyungsoo eating breakfast.

"Woah what's going on with you? You look like a murderer chasing after some poor soul," Jongin asked, spooning cereal into his mouth. That wouldn't completely be a lie. If Baekhyun didn't know any better, he would have said that there was a hint of snideness in his tone, but it, now was not the time to care about trivial stuff. "Yeah, and why were you sh--"

"Ahh forget about that! Did any of you see Chanyeol?!" The vocalist interjected desperately, eyes scanning through the lounge madly. Kyungsoo set his fork down, facing the anxious brunette. "Calm down. Yeah, he just went out a few minutes ago."

Baekhyun mentally cursed himself again, suddenly feeling the guiltiest he's possibly ever felt in his life. "Did he say anything before leaving? Anything at all?" The brunette pressed on. Kyungsoo simply shook his head and peeled open a banana, "nope, nothing. Why does it matter, he probably just wanted to practise early with the others." Baekhyun's eyes widened to the size of saucers but obviously, no one else knew about the argument.

"Why does it matter? Why does it matter?? Have you lost your mind???" Baekhyun demanded in slight derision. Sehun chuckled under his breath, far too amused than he should be, "no, but someone clearly has."

You little .

Luhan, who had been peacefully munching on his toast until now, gasped at the maknae's discourteous attitude and smacked his arm. "Sehunnie! What did we say about disrespecting your hyungs?" The platinum hair boy pouted as he cosied up against the Chinese baby-faced boy in an attempt to put his aegyo to use (which had no effect on anyone whatsoever). "Aww, xiao Luuuu~ You know Sehun didn't mean it, right?"

Kill me now.

Jongin nearly spluttered his orange juice all over the dining table as he snorted in laughter, with Sehun shooting him a death glare for having spoilt his precious moment with his precious hyung. The honey blonde looked at Sehun, blushing as he weakly shrugged the disobedient maknae off of his arm, "aish, what am I going to do with you?" (scratch that, with Luhan being the rarest or rare exceptions).

Baekhyun's patience was wearing thin as he groaned in annoyance, "I don't have time for you people! I need to find Chanyeol." It didn't take long before Baekhyun stormed out the front door, slamming it unnecessarily hard. 

The other members stared at the door, not knowing what to say.

"Fifty bucks to anyone he wasn't digging the size, if you know what I mean," Jongin was the first to break the silence, an overly confident smirk playing on his lips as he looked at his dumbfounded friends in turn. Kyungsoo gaped at the dancer, instinctively putting down the banana he was about to take a bite out of, "you're betting on them? What the frick!"

Jongin rolled his eyes as he poked the lead vocalist's side playfully, "oh loosen up Kyung, can you blame a guy for having some fun?" Luhan folded his arms in disapproval at the idiocy of his friend, "yes, if they're betting on their friend's lives, if they...you know, are even together in the first place."

Sehun simply laughed upon hearing the deer-eyed boy's doubt and rested a hand on his shoulder, "I think at this point every person in Korea knows they're ing." Jongin looked at Sehun, raising an eyebrow in challenge, "is that a new bet I detect?" Kyungsoo pinched his temples in exasperation, tempted to just start banging his head against a wall, "thanks for ruining breakfast, erted idiots."

'The number you are trying to reach is unavailable. Please leave a message after the tone-BEEP.' 

"Yeol, hey, it's me again. I totally g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter