The News

We Can't Marry!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: It's been forever since I've updated this story but I'm finallyyyy back ;) I hope this chapter makes up for my absence, and I'd just like to thank all those who have subscribed and continued to show support for this fanfic, I love you all <3333

"We have something to tell you guys" Chanyeol said as the others were sitting on the couch in the lounge, his voice slightly shaking with nervousness. It's not every day that he announces his marriage to his closest friend to others. It brought a good kind feeling though, one of excitement and jittery sensations in his stomach. He could only imagine the reaction of the other members and hope that they wouldn't freak out too much.

Chanyeol his dry lips anxiously, and that's when Baekhyun (aka his soon to be husband) held the taller's hand giving it a small squeeze in reassurance, and that's when Chanyeol's worries flew out the window in an instant. "What is it?" Kai asked suddenly, smiling smugly for reasons beyond Baekhyun and Chanyeol's comprehension and interest, though the vocalist smiled warmly in return anyway. The others looked towards the pair standing before them in anticipation, and maybe with a bit too much eagerness. 

Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol and gave a small nod, silently communicating through his eyes that it would be okay. Chanyeol smiled and felt at ease all over again. It never failed to amuse the rapper how they didn't need words to express how they felt to each other, or what was on their minds. He didn't know when this ability developed, but the rapper always felt that Baekhyun understood him in a way no one else did. Chanyeol thought it was because of the fact that the two had known each other for so many years, and he never took the friendship for granted. Baekhyun cleared his throat, looking at his other friends.

"Me and Yeol are getting married. It's for the best interest of the company so we just decided to go through with it." 

There was a seemingly unnerving silence lingering in the room before anyone spoke. The pair were oblivious to the casual expressions on their friend's faces, too absorbed in the possibility of being called out for following the company's drastic and unfair plan. Chanyeol gulped so loudly that he was sure Baekhyun heard. What if they didn't accept them? It would be weird after all- suddenly being told that two of their friends were getting married out of the blue. Chanyeol could see that by now Baekhyun was equally nervous, and the tension only grew thicker as the seconds ticked by. 

"Took you long enough," Sehun finally broke the silence with his snide remark, folding his arms as he made eye contact with the two friends. The vocalist could only stare at the maknae with his mouth open. Jeez, he knew Sehun was a bratty but this just topped it all. Baekhyun didn't think he could be more shocked, but when he was met with the faces of everyone else he had to really stop himself from kicking Sehun's . He didn't want to believe it, but their friends had started laughing manically and clapping in agreement with the youngest Exo member. 

"What the hell do you mean by that?" Baekhyun growled which only got Sehun chuckling and shaking his head at the vocalist while Chanyeol laughed awkwardly as he patted Baekhyun's back. "No need to get all defensive. I only said what I meant. You can't seriously tell me that no one here wasn't waiting for this day."

Baekhyun continued to stare at the platinum blonde haired Exo member, now officially at a loss for words. Jongin continued to speak through Baekhyun's shock and Chanyeol's confusion, smirking through the whole ordeal. "I think I speak for everyone when I say that you two are really at hiding your relationship. At least now you're being honest with us and tieing down the knot." What in the name of--. 

"Even though it took you way too long," Tao added smugly. Jongdae nodded as he stood up and patted Chanyeol on the back. "Congrats man, we knew you could do it. So what do you say we all go out and celebrate with some Korean barbeque and soju? It's on Suho!" Junmyeon pretended to hit Chen but didn't protest at the idea, smiling widely at a dumbfounded Chanyeol and a somewhat pissed off Baekhyun. 

"Can someone tell me why everyone is acting as if this is the most natural thing in the world?" 

"Maybe because it is?" Minseok chuckled at the two. "Like Kai said, you aren't very good at hiding your love for each other from us." Chanyeol shook his head quickly at the misunderstanding but secretly wondered why the other members saw him and Baekhyun as more than friends. Not that he was complaining. 

"We were always friends, nothing more. I can't believe you guys thought we were a thing," Chanyeol retaliated because as much as he liked the thought of being more than friends, it was a fact that he and Baekhyun never dated. He had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter