The Anniversary I

We Can't Marry!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes, folding his arms as he leaned against the wall. "I don't believe you." 

"But I'm telling you I heard them! You did too so I don't know why you're pretending you didn't." The taller sighed for the nth time, standing straight as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his long cardigan. He had been hearing this story ever since they returned from the fan sign. Quite frankly, it was doing Chanyeol's head in.

"Baek listen to me. Sehun and Luhan were not ing this morning," he stated clearly yet again as he walked up to his friend who had taken a strange interest in Sehun and Luhan's life. Either that or the vocalist was being plain delusional. "And just so you know, I didn't hear anything when I walked past their room to use the bathroom."

Baekhyun huffed as he started hitting his lap in annoyance. "Well it doesn't matter because I definitely heard something. , to be specific," the vocalist argued. He wasn't letting Chanyeol have his way with this one. 

"Okay. Then explain this to me. Why were they the first ones to be waiting at the lobby and ready to go if they were up to something, huh?" 

Baekhyun bit his lip as he thought of a logical reason because damn it, his friend had a point. "Ooh!" The brunette exclaimed loudly as he pointed a finger to the giant, finally having thought of something. "Don't you see? It's all part of the act to look innocent."

"Baek, you're being paranoid." 

"I'm being realistic."

"No."

"Yes."

The rapper groaned as he started to drag the brunette out of the room. "For the hundredth time, they were not doing anything before we left for the fan sign. It doesn't make any sense. Now let's get out of here, we should be on our way to the new house." Baekhyun whined disapprovingly as he tried to shake his taller friend's arm off, but Chanyeol was stronger. "What are we even doing here anyway?" He asked with a frown. 

That afternoon as soon as Luhan and Sehun had left the dorm, the vocalist wasted no time in dragging Chanyeol to the bedroom of his two suspected members. "To look for evidence, obviously," Baekhyun replied as if it was the most casual thing in the world to be searching your friend's bedroom for indications of early morning .

"Evidence of what?" 

The pair froze in their actions upon hearing a familiar, stern voice from behind them. Chanyeol and Baekhyun reluctantly turned around, only to find Sehun and his boyfriend, bubble teas in hand as they glared at their bedroom intruders almost menacingly. They hadn't even realised when the couple had entered the room, leaving them having to explain the awkward encounter."Okay we're leaving now."

"Nuh uh, not so fast," the youngest of the four stepped in, blocking Chanyeol and Baekhyun's exit. "Care to explain?" Luhan asked, sipping on his taro flavoured tea as he looked at the Korean vocalist with the faint hint of a smile. Baekhyun laughed nervously, nudging the giant desperately for help. "We, um...we came to get back that thing we lent you," Chanyeol said, making the excuse up on the spot.

Sehun raised an eyebrow, obviously not believing a word of what he was hearing. "And was that thing in our bed?" The platinum blonde rapper asked rhetorically, motioning towards the bed with its covers haphazardly bunched up into a ball and the pillows thrown aside. "Or was it maybe in one of those boxes?" He continued as he looked at the boxes that were supposed to be under the bed, its contents spilt out onto the floor in a heap of worn out shirts and jackets.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun, both growing intimidated by the owner of the chocolate bubble tea, gulped loudly as they craned their necks around to scan the state of the room and holy , it looked like a dump. "Look, it's clear that you came here looking for something so why don't you just tell us?" The Chinese said, walking up to the disorganised bed and setting his bubble tea on the nightstand as he began making the bed.

"You'll only make it worse for yourselves if you don't," Sehun reaffirmed, slowly sipping his tea as his eyes never left the pair under scrutiny. Chanyeol sighed heavily as he pinched the bridge of his nose. 'It's now or never,' he thought to himself, and the idea of being Sehun's slave for eternity didn't seem appealing. "We kind of had this suspicion that you and Luhan were--" 

"It's okay Yeol. I'll tell them," Baekhyun cut in. Chanyeol looked at his shorter friend in surprise, not having expected that Baekhyun would be the one to tell. "I basically took Chanyeol here with me because I heard from your room when I went to use the bathroom this morning. Your room is in a mess because I was looking for...for clues." Baekhyun explained quickly with his head lowered. 

Luhan, having stopped caring about making the bed, blushed profusely when he heard the story as his eyes immediately darted towards his boyfriend. Chanyeol and Baekhyun remained oblivious because they had their backs turned to the honey blonde. "So you thought we were ing?" Sehun asked calmly, throwing a smirk in Luhan's way as he continued to leisurely sip the chocolate beverage in his hand.

Baekhyun nodded slowly, choosing not to look at Sehun. "Yeah." The maknae simply hummed slightly in understanding, looking between the two in front of them for a minute as he thought. "I find that a little unfair. Me and Luhan didn't think the two of you were doing something more than kissing on the couch that other day, did we?" Chanyeol shook his head quickly as he tried to formulate his response because if it was assumed that he and Baekhyun were doing something, then Sehun and Luhan were wrong.

"No, and you have a point." Sort of, Chanyeol added inwardly. "But that's because there really wasn't anything other than kissing." Baekhyun looked around the room as he weirdly felt out of place from the conversation. Obviously he and Chanyeol knew that they had only been kissing and nothing else, but the fact that Sehun (and maybe even the others) had thought that something more could have happened that day didn't disconcert the vocalist.

When you live with friends who are quick to believe that the two most shipped members in their group are in a relationship (for whatever reasons), it's nothing new. What confused the brunette though was that everything about those ideas...didn't deter Baekhyun. Not one bit. They didn't even make him angry and the deeper he thought about it, the more he kind of wanted--    

"What would you do if I told you that we were?" Sehun asked, snapping the petite male from his whirlwind of thoughts and Baekhyun was all too grateful that the conversation had moved on. As soon as he heard his boyfriend, Luhan nearly spluttered. Baekhyun looked up at the blonde in front of him with wide eyes. "T-that you were ing?" He asked uncertainly. "Yeah."

The shorter looked up at Chanyeol for possible answers, but he only got a small shrug. "I don't know. I'll just try to not listen next time." Luhan, who was clearly not happy with what he was hearing, suddenly gasped from behind them.

"Wait, try? Are you telling me that you were listening in on us?!" Baekhyun pouted as he fiddled with the hem of his shirt. "Only for a bit! I just wanted to know who was topping," he mumbled as Chanyeol started laughing at his smaller friend's bluntness.

"Sehunnie!" The deer-looking male whined loudly. "Tell him that he can't do y stuff like that." Sehun nodded slowly, though not taking his boyfriend's request very seriously. "He's right. Though you can't blame a guy for being curious," he muttered under his breath which luckily for Luhan went un heard by Baekhyun and the giant.

Suddenly, Chanyeol realised something. "So does this mean Baekhyun was right?" The rapper asked with a grin on his face as he quickly faced Luhan. "You were doing something earlier today, weren't you? After all, Luhan gave it away."

Luhan shook his head frantically, cursing himself inwardly for being so stupid. Baekhyun chuckled as he practically skipped over to Luhan's side. "It's okay Lu. I get it, your anniversary wasn't enough and you were left hanging," he said, patting the doe-eyed male's back gently.

"I was not left hanging! Stop making assumptions you ert," Luhan hissed as he childishly stomped his feet, shrugging Baekhyun's hand off. Meanwhile, Sehun watched on in amusement, smiling smugly at the conversation. 'You're too easy to read babe,' he mentally remarked.       

Chanyeol cleared his throat to shift the attention, taking Baekhyun away from Luhan as he smiled apologetically to the couple. "We're sorry for coming into your room while you were out and messing everything up." Sehun nodded slightly as he threw his empty bubble tea up in the trash can. "Eh, it's okay. Just don't ever think about doing it again though," he warned. The pair smiled as they looked towards Luhan who responded similarly. "You are forgiven."

"Thanks guys, we owe you one," Baekhyun said hurriedly as he made a beeline for the door with Chanyeol. "We would stick around to help tidy up, but me and Baek have a new house tour to go to. We're moving out remember?" the taller explained. "Ah, I almost forgot about that. Okay, have fun then," Sehun said. Chanyeol was surprise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter