The time when Luhan became Cupid

We Can't Marry!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You know it would actually be a whole lot easier if you asked me," Chanyeol chuckled as he took the empty box out of Baekhyun's hand and stowed it on the top shelf for him. "Thanks," the vocalist smiled, putting away the step ladder he had taken out. "Is that everything?" Chanyeol nodded, taking one last look to make sure the empty boxes and suitcases had been stored. "That didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would."

"That's because you couldn't reach high enough to put away our stuff. I ended up doing most of the work for us," the taller male chuckled as they walked out of the storage room. "Well sorry for being short," Baekhyun grumbled under his breath with a pout, sitting on the couch when they reached the living room. Chanyeol frowned at this, turning to face Baekhyun as he used the pad of his fingers to turn the corner of Baekhyun's lips upwards. As much as Chanyeol found his friend's sulky and pouty face to be cute, the younger would much rather see Baekhyun smiling.

The vocalist looked stumped for a second, blinking back at the giant blankly as he tried to ignore how fast his heart was beating because Chanyeol's face was suddenly really close. "I like your height just the way it is. You don't have to be sorry for anything, okay?" Chanyeol grinned and finally backed away after Baekhyun managed to give a small nod. Baekhyun quickly hugged his knees close to his chest as he buried his head in his arms. He tried to think of a way to change the subject because he wasn't sure if continuing it would do any favors to his heart. "Besides, you're also the perfect height for me to rest my arm on your head," Chanyeol teased and laughed when he caught the stupefied look on his friend's face. 

"As if I would do that, silly," Chanyeol smiled. "Come on, let's post a selca together!" He exclaimed, getting up to go and get his phone. "Are you sure that he told you it was okay for us to let everyone know we live together?" Baekhyun asked, referring to their manager and Chanyeol nodded. "Yup, it's totally fine. I found it a bit weird how he didn't just let us announce it at that fan sign the other day, but I suppose he had his reasons. So where do you want to take it?"   

Baekhyun shrugged and looked around briefly, deciding to choose where they were. "We could just take it here." Chanyeol scooted close beside Baekhyun on the couch and held his phone out in front of them to take the picture. He put it back down when he saw the way Baekhyun was smiling and turned slightly to face him. "You're not smiling."

"I am. Look," Baekhyun replied, showing the same smile he put on a second ago. "Um...I don't mean to be rude Baek but it looks fake," Chanyeol pouted. The shorter male hit Chanyeol's arm because how dare he call Baekhyun's smile fake. "Well it doesn't matter because it's rude either way. Take it by yourself then," Baekhyun huffed, standing up to leave.

But Chanyeol was quicker and grabbed Baekhyun's wrist, pulling the petite male back so that he landed back on the couch next to the taller. "Aww, I'm sorry Baekky. You have the brightest and sweetest smile in the world, I don't know what I was talking about before," Chanyeol rambled on cheerfully and wrapped an arm around his friend's shoulder, mainly so he can't try to escape again. Baekhyun squirmed slightly in Chanyeol's hold but didn't try to get away and made an effort of hiding his face which had betrayed him for the nth time. Baekhyun wanted nothing more than to seal Chanyeol's mouth shut for unknowingly embarrassing him with his corny (but effective) remarks and throwing him off guard. Maybe one day he will.  

Chanyeol smiled when Baekhyun had stopped squirming and tried to take the selca once again. He frowned when the brunette's face wasn't showing up because Baekhyun was doing a good job of keeping it hidden. "Did I really upset you?" Chanyeol asked quietly, leaning closer than he already was and trying to pry Baekhyun's hands away from his face. "N-no, I forgive you. Let's just take the picture," the vocalist managed to reply with as he sat straight. Instead of taking the picture Chanyeol gasped and pressed his palms flat on Baekhyun's flushed cheeks, his eyebrows knitted in worry. "Baek! Your face is burning, are you coming down with the flu?"

"Aish I'm fine, you big oaf. I'll smile properly this time, just take the picture," Baekhyun protested, hissing slightly when Chanyeol's cold hands came into contact with his warm face. The dark hair male nodded and held the phone up again, posing by making a peace sign with his fingers while Baekhyun made two small hearts. They smiled into the camera as the taller snapped the picture using a Snow filter. "Done, I'll send it to you," Chanyeol said, but frowned almost immediately as he looked at the picture. "Do you want to re-take it?" Baekhyun asked, noticing how Chanyeol was almost scrutinizing the photo.  

"No, it's just...I should have used the dog filter instead," Chanyeol said, his expression somewhat resembling a boy who was moping about choosing an ice cream flavor he didn't like. He looked at the picture he took with something between a pout and a smile on his face and Baekhyun could almost laugh. "You really look like a puppy. An adorable one," Chanyeol admitted, his eyes glued to the phone screen which was lucky for Baekhyun who was trying to act like he didn't care that is best friend just compared him to a puppy. 

It's something Baekhyun was used to- he's been called puppy-like by all the members before, but yet again it had a different sentiment when it came from Chanyeol. The vocalist suddenly felt a sense of déjà vu wash over him because he's been in this situation one too many times since he and Chanyeol have been married and up until now. And they haven't been living away from the dorm for a week.

Maybe a small part of him still couldn't believe that he was actually married, but Chanyeol certainly wasn't helping in making it any easier. He was taking the whole living together as a couple thing really well, and he knew it was rubbing off on the older male. He just didn't know if Chanyeol knew that was the case. 

A few seconds later Baekhyun got the alert on his phone with the new photo of them and looked at it. "The cat filter is cute too," Baekhyun replied after he had gotten a hold of himself. "Let's just post it. What are you going to caption yours with?" Chanyeol shrugged even though Baekhyun could clearly see that he was typing something already. "Whatever your heart wants Baeky," he chuckled under his breath.

"Hmm...I can't think of anything. Give me something to write Yeol," Baekhyun drawled as he tried to get a peek at what the giant was typing away at. "Come on you'll get to see when I post it. Just go with anything, I want to post together, please," Chanyeol smiled. The brunette bit his lip in thought, tapping the edge of his phone on his fingers before he started to type the caption. He knew it was silly to write but it was the first thing that came to his mind. Plus it was fun, which was what Baekhyun could say about spending time with the latter. "Okay, I have something."

Chanyeol nodded before they posted at the same time in their own Instagram accounts but with different captions. They received the post notifications on time, but Baekhyun was already on Chanyeol's account and tapped the new selca. As they read each other's captions, Baekhyun sneaked a glance over at Chanyeol who did the same at Baekhyun. "You saw what I was typing, didn't you?" 

"Honest I didn't," Chanyeol shook his head, a grin on his face because he was just as amused as Baekhyun was. "Well then this is a nice coincidence," the vocalist laughed as he re read the caption, realizing how much Chanyeol's one matched with Baekhyun's.

They tagged each other in the selca, and their captions coincidentally had each other's jersey numbers in the caption as well as the emojis of their superpowers after the text. Chanyeol's caption with a flashlight and Baekhyun's one with fire. For his, the brunette had typed 'happy virus and me in the new house. Would aeris want to come over? kkkkkkk, it's really nice here.' Chanyeol kept his simple and wrote 'Baekhyunnie <3.' Maybe a bit too simple. 

"Did you really just invite our fans into our house?"

"Relax it was a joke," Baekhyun laughed. "It's better than what you wrote."

"I was going to post it with something else. But I scrapped it."

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol for a while, curious as to what the original caption was going to be but he simply shrugged it off, deciding that he didn't want to push it. Not even two minutes had passed and there were already a lot of likes and comments flooding in. "I don't think you should have written that Baek."

"Why? Anyone can tell it was a joke." Chanyeol pretended to be angry and poked Baekhyun's side. "Fine but don't say I didn't warn you when you get fans knocking on our door."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and started to read a few of the comments. He smiled when he found a lot of comments answering his question with an enthusiastic 'yes!!' After a few more comments came in Baekhyun was starting to remember why he rarely read the comments of his posts, especially ones which had Chanyeol in them or had anything to do with Chanyeol. While most of the comments were sweet and wished them congratulations, some of the others were the very opposite of that. He didn't even want to imagine what the comments on Chanyeol's post looked like, but he was guessing it wasn't so different from the ones on Baekhyun's.  

"What's wrong?" The younger male asked when Baekhyun was stuck quietly staring at his screen. "Oh, i-it's nothing," Baekhyun cleared his throat, putting his phone on silent and tossing it beside him. He really didn't want to think about some of the things he just read.

Chanyeol sighed as he glanced at the clock and slumped against the cush

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter