The Talk

We Can't Marry!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I wonder where Sehun went. He sure was in a hurry to leave," Chanyeol said boredly. Exo-M had joined the Korean subunit at the S.M building after their interview was over. Well, all of Exo-M except for a certain doe-eyed male. "Yeah, I wonder where Luhan went too. He just went his own way after we got dropped off at our dorm. Weird," Minseok said.

The members were checking over their upcoming concert plans with their manager hyung without Luhan and Sehun, who had fled the room after smiling while reading something on his phone.  

"They're probably out together getting bubble tea or something," Yixing replied airily as he flipped through some sheets of papers. No one thought of arguing because it seemed believable. "They should just admit that they're dating. You know in some ways it's a miracle we didn't catch them making out like Chanyeol and Baekhyun yet," Jongdae said annoyingly with a smug smile, causing the brunette vocalist to splutter involuntarily. "Or even having s--"

"Shut it, dinosaur," Chanyeol barked back, shooting a death glare at Chen from across the table. "You're disgusting, you know that?"

Chen scoffed slightly, clearly unimpressed. "Oh come on you know it's gonna happen sometime anyway. Everyone knows, right Suho?" The leader looked up from the sheet of paper he was reading, looking between Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

"Yeah about that, remember how I said that we needed to talk? That should probably happen now," Junmyeon spoke as he put aside the sheets of paper. "And I guess everyone else will need to know this too since this is essentially a change for all of us."

"We're listening," Baekhyun spoke as he gave a small nod for the leader to start. "There will be a slight change in living arrangements from now on," the leader spoke, clearing his throat. Chanyeol and Baekhyun exchanged curious glances with one another, not knowing what he meant.

"Well, me and manager hyung have had a talk a few days after the news of Baekhyun and Chanyeol having to get married got around," Suho continued as the other members listened closely. "After a lot of consideration and thought, we decided that it is in the best interest of Baekhyun and Chanyeol to move out of our dorm and live together."

Chanyeol and Baekhyun sat there quietly, trying to fathom what had just been said to them while the members broke out into frenzied discussions. "Well, it took about time! I thought we'd never be able to sleep in peace at night for eight months with those two around," Jongin said with a sigh of relief. "This time it would have been for reasons other than loud talking."

Wait, what the ?  

"Gee, that's real sweet of you," Baekhyun said sarcastically, choosing to ignore the underlying meaning as he scrunched up a piece of paper and threw it at Kai's head. Too bad he missed. "Um...this isn't some kind of joke, right? You wouldn't actually kick us out," Chanyeol said through a nervous chuckle. Suho heaved a sigh, looking at the tall rapper. "Please don't make this harder than it already is. Do you think we want you two to move out?" 

"Well I mean---ouch!" Thank God Suho was there, conveniently sitting across Tao to kick him in the shin underneath the table to stop him continuing but only to have him grumbling under his breath.

Suho leaned back in his seat, sighing slightly as he looked between a somewhat hurt and confused looking Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "Look guys. This isn't about us trying to get you kicked out because you're getting married and whatnot." 

"So then what is it about?" Xiumin asked. Suho frowned, biting his lip for a while as he tried to carefully pick his next words. "Okay so maybe it is about you two getting kicked out." 

"Ha, see I knew it! Even Suho isn't that nice all the time," Tao exclaimed randomly. "I'd shut up if I were you," Suho glared at the Chinese in warning. "Anyway. The point I'm trying to get across here is that married couples need their...well, their privacy. And you can't exactly get that with eleven guys living under one roof." 

As much as moving to a new place sounds nice, it isn't exactly the ideal path to take. The reason why all the members live in one place is because commuting to and from interviews, airports, the S.M building, concerts and fan signings are way more convenient. Imagine the hell that would break lose if all the members lived in different locations in different parts of the area- the company would be forced to get individual security and bodyguards for each member, and the possibility of causing a small tornado of fans in the province didn't sound like the best idea. As well as making it more easier to travel, the dorm had sufficient security inside and out, not to mention that it was situated in the perfect location. 

"Suho, I know this is something you've decided with manager hyung but don't you think it's going just a bit too far? I mean, to get us to move out for just eight months is a bit much. We should just continue staying with everyone," the brunette vocalist said as convincingly as he could manage with Chanyeol nodding in agreement. 

"I agree. It will be less complicated and moving out in general is such a pain in the ." Kyungsoo, not in support of the pair's reasoning, tapped his fingers on the table with a stern expression. "What, and have a repeat of what happened last night? Pfft, no thank you," Kyungsoo retaliated. "Before I know it you'll be making out in my kitchen next."

Everyone erupted into peals of laughter, but it wasn't funny for Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were trying not to look taken aback by the sharp comment. The taller of the two had a horrible feeling that their friends weren't going to let him and the vocalist live through this, and so he had to think on his feet in order to try and make it seem as if last night's event wasn't such a big deal. Or even better, to make it seem as if nothing even happened in the first place. 

"G-guys, you have it all wrong. Nothing happened between me and Baek, right Baek?" Chanyeol said as he tried to sound confident but also loud enough to be heard through the other member's idiotic laughing. 'It's not even funny!' he groaned mentally. The petite male sat adjacent to his younger friend nodded quickly. "Yeol is right. You didn't even see anything and you're just jumping to conclusions." 

This only seemed to increase everyone else's volume of laughter though, and the pair were starting to believe if the kiss is something that they'll just never let go off. "Do you expect us to believe that?" Kai laughed out, wiping a few tears from the corner of his eye. "Yes?" Baekhyun replied meekly, totally failing in his goal to sound assertive and believable. "Just give up already. We all know you made out last night while we left you back at the dorm to clean up. I don't know how you got from cleaning to eating each other's faces off on the couch..." the lead dancer continued unashamedly as Baekhyun shrunk back on his seat, his face burning up in complete embarrassment as he listened to his friend's graphic explanation. "...Though I think Chanyeol was doing most of the eating if you know what I mean."

Chen and Minseok smirked at the two members who were currently at the centre of attention (much to their agony), clearly agreeing with Kai. Chanyeol's jaw dropped at the straightforwardly disgusting remark of the younger, but mainly because of his accuracy. Damn, Kai knows a thing or two. Baekhyun refused to make eye contact with anyone, not knowing whether to throw a shoe at Kai or tape his mouth shut with duct tape. Right now both options seemed appealing.

"Guys, guys come on! I didn't ask to talk to them so that everyone else can just start discussing Yeol and Baek's intimate life. Can we please continue?" The leader groaned in annoyance, trying to bring some order amongst his chaotic friends. "Go ahead," Chanyeol answered quietly once the members had finally shut up.

"I'm sorry, but there isn't anything that can be done at this point. Now I know that neither of you agreed to live together when you accepted the marriage deal, but I guess you can say that this was sort of a last minute choice."

In some ways moving in with each other didn't really seem like a huge problem. Hell, in many ways it actually sounded ing great. No whining Chen, no y Sehun with his fake aegyo, no erted Kai trying to dirty dance in whichever space he can possibly find, no sudden murder attempts from D.O, no Xiumin finishing up all the coffee, no Lay sleepwalking every night. What's there not to like? 

But Baekhyun and Chanyeol didn't debut yesterday. They practically knew the ins and outs of how things like this worked. What they both secretly feared now was the news of them moving in together spreading around. It was likely that some fans already knew that the pair is getting married, but only Exo know about the living together part.

It's not every day that you hear the news of two male idols marrying and moving in with other. So how would fans react once they find out that Chanyeol and Baekhyun are living together away from the other members? That's a question that truthfully neither of them wanted to know the answer to. 

"So there really isn't any way to change this?" Baekhyun asked. Suho shook his head, looking sympathetically at the two. "I'm afraid not." Chanyeol folded his arms, slouching on his seat. "Hmm...I guess if we manage to keep it secret and not let the fans know then it wouldn't be such a bad thing."

The brunette bit his lip as he considered what his friend had said and soon realised that he was right. There couldn't be any negative reactions if no one actually found out. "I think that's fair enough. We just need to do a good job of keeping it to ourselves," Baekhyun responded. 

Right then, Exo's manager knocked on the door before letting himself in, holding a file in his hand. "Annyeong," the man smiled warmly at the members who bowed slightly. "I assume Baekhyun and Chanyeol have been told about the new situation."

"Yes we've just been told about it," the rapper answered. "We were kind of against it at first but realised that it wouldn't be too bad if we were more careful and no one found out anything." The manager nodded in approval, smiling as he took a seat across from Chanyeol and Baekhyun and opened the black file he had with him. "I'm really happy to hear that. Well done Junmyeon, you must have done an excellent job at convincing them." Suho chuckled lightly at the compliment, "I guess you could say that."

"Well I'm here now because I need each of you to sign this agreement right here," the man said, passing a sheet of paper to Baekhyun and Chanyeol each which had the title 'S.M Entertainment Marriage Scheme: Agreed Living Arrangements' in bold. "It's a document outlining all the fundamental terms and conditions you will have to follow once you decide to live together as a married couple for the first time. I'll need a signature in order to confirm the new accommodation. Please, have a read of it."   

The pair nodded as they began reading through the bullet-pointed terms and conditions. There were surprisingly few to read through, and there wasn't anything that seemed out of the ordinary at all. It didn't take either of them much time to finish reading through the document.

"Great! Now I'll just need you to sign at the bottom here." The manager passed a black fountain pen to both members, who looked at each other and silently asked each if this is something they both wanted. Not that they had much choice to begin with, but Chanyeol gave a small reassuring nod to his friend, mouthing that it would be fine.

The mai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter