The New House

We Can't Marry!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the group had returned from their practice for the day, everyone with the exception of Sehun and Luhan was on their way to Baekhyun and Chanyeol's temporary home for their arranged marriage. It was a fairly quick journey from the dorm seeing as traffic was low and roads were clear, though the pair who would become residents of the new home had been told that it usually takes twenty minutes. 'The further away from those morons the better,' Chanyeol had thought to himself because it couldn't be any truer.  

For a property as big as the one Chanyeol and Baekhyun were moving into, the area encompassing it was surprisingly quiet and incredibly closed-off from the public. Their manager had been right- there wasn't a hotel in sight. Once they arrived, the members stepped out of the SUV which stopped just outside the gates of the luxury home where a petite woman who appeared to be in her early thirties approached them. "Good evening, welcome to the Parkbyun Estate. My name is Eun-ah and I will be showing you around today," the woman greeted with a warm smile as she bowed slightly.

"Parkbyun Estate?" Chanyeol asked as he looked at Eun-ah. What kind of a name is that? Baekhyun asked himself because he couldn't help but slightly cringe at the amalgamation that happened to be the name of the house that he and the giant had seen pictures of.

"Ah, yes. You see this estate was named by Lee Soo-Man himself at the time when he bought it," the woman explained quickly, hoping to enlighten the pair. "What a cute name," Jongdae sniggered from behind Baekhyun in the most annoyingly sarcastic way and the brunette shot him a glare in return because 'cute' was the last thing he had in mind. 

"When was it bought?" Chanyeol asked. It was no secret that Soo Man was ambitious but damn, he went and bought an entire house for Chanyeol and Baekhyun to live in for this marriage thing and have it named after both of them (in a weird kind way) then, props to him. He played his cards right. 

"If I remember correctly, it was bought around the time you ended your promotions for Growl," the estate agent answered and everyone gaped at the new knowledge. "But that was last year," Baekhyun said in bewilderment, now knowing why Soo-Man decided to buy the property so ahead of time when he and Chanyeol only got the letter of the marriage last week. 

The estate agent gave a small nod in understanding as she looked at Baekhyun. "Yes, these things take several months to organise so that could explain it. Now if you'd like to follow me inside, I can start showing you around." The members followed the woman as she led them through the gates and walked into the huge driveway. The pictures may have captured the aesthetics of the area, but it failed to capture just how spacious it really was and as the group looked around the field with interest, they could all see it for themselves. It truly felt like they stepped into a whole new world. 

"The land that you see surrounding spans across ten acres," the woman began explaining as they continued walking. Holy cow. Baekhyun bit his lip as only one question floated in his mind- why? "I wouldn't have thought the company would go out of their way to buy this big house with so much freaking land," he mused as he glanced up at Chanyeol who chuckled. "At first I didn't either but come on this is S.M we're talking about. They could have us fly in a helicopter to our tour if they wanted to."

"That actually needs to happen." Kyungsoo shook his head and looked up at Jongin, "well Luhan is going to freak out because he's scared of heights." Jongin pouted because he knew that there was no way the Chinese would agree to get into a helicopter. "It's still a cool idea though." Chanyeol just rolled his eyes as the walk to the house continued and honestly, no one would have thought that it would take this long.

The house finally came into view after a while, and Baekhyun couldn't stop the grin that split his face because it looked even more breathtaking up close. Eun-ah stopped outside the house as she turned around. "What were your first impressions of the house?" She asked as she looked at Baekhyun and Chanyeol with a smile.

"We really loved it," the vocalist replied brightly. "I mean, when we were told that we had to move out of the dorm none of us was actually expecting...all this," Baekhyun chuckled, looking up at the house. "Yeah, I almost couldn't believe that a house like this could exist in Korea. I guess we're lucky to be living here, even if it is for a short amount of time." Baekhyun lowered his head and oddly enough the thoughts of the day when he and his best friend would have to leave this place didn't really appeal to him. What? It's a pretty house. 

"That's great! I'm glad you took an interest in it. Well, you didn't see any of the rooms or anything inside, so we're going to go in for you to look." They all followed Eun-ah right to up to the porch as she took out the keys and unlocked the door before opening it. "Please, come in," she smiled as she gestured for the group to go into the house. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were the first to go in.  

They stepped into the hallway and everyone took in every detail they could. The space had been simply decorated with red floral wallpaper, a few floor lamps, a rustic chest of drawers on top of which stood a vase with white tulips and to their right, a big spiral staircase could be seen. "This entire property has been maintained regularly since the time it was bought," Eun-ah explained as she stepped into the house and closed the door behind her. "So what do you think?"

Chanyeol and Baekhyun kicked their shoes off before they continued any further, as did the other members. They looked around in complete awe, not having seen anything like this before. "Better than I thought it would be," Chanyeol grinned as he briefly explored the space. 

"Hey, do you think the hallway could be bigger than our living room?" Baekhyun asked Junmyeon in amusement who had most likely started thinking about how much this whole place cost the moment they had walked through the gates at the start. "Hell yeah it is," he answered as he walked around. That was saying a lot because the dorm kitchen was really something.

"There are twelve rooms here," Eun-ah said as they proceeded the tour in the house. "Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a guest room, a kitchen, a living room, a laundry room, a gym, a game room and...oh, a jacuzzi. " Chanyeol and Baekhyun thought they heard wrong. "Do we really get a jacuzzi in here as well?" The members looked on in disbelief. 

Eun-ah nodded as they walked into the living room. "When the company was looking for houses to buy, they really wanted to get one which came with enough room for recreational facilities just like your dorm, and I guess an indoor jacuzzi i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter