good night (yeowon)

WJSN Dawon One Shots

just a quick one i thought of :>

Dawon groaned as she stretched. She felt around her bed to find her phone, narrowing her eyes afterwards to adjust to the bright screen.

 

4:22 AM

 

“Huh,” She said not even surprised.

 

Dawon sat up and looked around the room. Everything was dark, except the light outside was still on.

 

Maybe one of the members was still up. She makes her way out of the room and walks towards the living room.

 

“Jinsook?”

 

Dawon was surprised to see her awake— she’s one of the members that treasured sleep the most.

 

Jinsook has fallen asleep on top of a book, pen in one hand and the other in the middle of typing something on her laptop.

 

The oldest of the two crouches down beside Jinsook and shakes her shoulders softly.

 

“Jinsookie,” Dawon calls out her nickname.

 

There was no response from her, so Dawon decides to take things into her own hands.

 

She closed the laptop, arranged the papers scattered on the table, and packed up Jinsook’s things in her bag.

 

The younger girl moves startling Dawon, but it was only to turn her head and go back to sleep.

 

“Hey, kid. Get up.” Dawon shakes the smaller girl’s shoulder again.

 

Sighing in defeat, she scratches her head trying to come up with a solution.

 

She thinks of an idea and inches closer to Jinsook.

 

Dawon lets the younger girl’s upper body lean onto one arm, and slides her other arm behind her knees. She takes a deep breath in and slowly lifts Jinsook off the floor, careful to not wake her up.

 

Her arms were shaking, but her main focus right now was to make sure Jinsook sleeps in her bed.

 

Luckily for her the door to Jinsook’s room was slightly ajar. Turning off the light, she navigates her way to the bed.

 

Her eyes spot the familiar yellow curtain— that was now on the bottom bunk.

 

A pair of arms wrapped themselves around Dawon’s neck, sending the vocalist into a panic.

 

She has no other choice but to sleep with the younger girl until she let’s go of her. Dawon sighed. She doesn’t even have her phone to entertain herself.

 

After carefully getting themselves in bed, Jinsook places a leg over Dawon’s legs, completely trapping the older girl in her embrace.

 

“Thanks Dawonie,” Jinsook said in a hushed tone.

 

“I knew you were awake.” Dawon replied back.

 

Dawon could easily get up and go back to her room. But she doesn’t.

 

She pulls Jinsook closer and wraps a blanket around them.

 

“What did I say about staying up late?” The older girl asked as she runs her fingers through Jinsook’s hair.

 

She knows it helps the younger girl fall asleep.

 

“It was for school… besides you stay up late all the time…” Jinsook said in her defence, her eyes becoming heavy.

 

Dawon chuckled and rests her chin on top of Jinsook’s head.

 

“Are you going to stay?” She asked.

 

“Mhm,” Dawon hums.

 

“Good,” She said as she moves closer to the older girl.

 

“Good night, Dawonie.” Jinsook mumbled, sleep getting the best of her.

 

“Good night.” Dawon said and kisses the crown of her head.